Author Topic: 2009 Special Countdown?  (Read 7650 times)

Jd-

• [Member]
2009 Special Countdown?
« on: June 19, 2009, 09:34:20 pm »
It's officially that time of year that we get the announcement of the latest special. Will Lupin vs. Conan really be considered the franchise's annual special? If it is, ROARZ.

Jd- will be a sad panda if so. :'(

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
Re: 2009 Special Countdown?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:36:38 pm »
It's officially that time of year that we get the announcement of the latest special. Will Lupin vs. Conan really be considered the franchise's annual special? If it is, ROARZ.

Jd- will be a sad panda if so. :'(

If it is, I demand a refund. >:(

(also, hey Jd-! It's been a while)
Les temps sont durs pour les r

Sad cactus

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 10:53:20 pm »
Jd, the NOOOO! bird photo guy! XD Hopefully there will be a special, other than L vs. C. ;_; I think that's what we're all hoping for, give or take a few. ^^

Jd-

• [Member]
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 01:06:19 am »
If it is, I demand a refund. >:(

(also, hey Jd-! It's been a while)

As do I, my good friend, as do I~

(And heeeelllo~ I've been busy with school and other stuffs, including LvC, which we still haven't released. To all of you that haven't seen it subbed in some form by now, the DCTP & Frostii version will be out eventually; we finished our part of it in a matter of days, but we're still waiting it out. A lot of work has gone into it, so hopefully it'll pay off eventually :P And, for those of you that have seen another version already, maybe you can watch the one we'll release [TBA 2009! :-X] should you feel up for re-watching it in the future :-*)

Jd, the NOOOO! bird photo guy! XD Hopefully there will be a special, other than L vs. C. ;_; I think that's what we're all hoping for, give or take a few. ^^

I'll tell you what--if LvC is all we Lupinites get this year, it will be a travesty.

Much like this:

(click to show/hide)

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 02:55:44 am »
I caught wind of something two night ago, but I'm not going to refrain from relaying anything as it's from a very sketchy source.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 12:34:56 am by JoYi »

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Jd-

• [Member]
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 03:33:12 am »
I caught wind of something two night ago, but I'm not going to refrain from relaying anything as it's from a very sketchy source.

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 03:59:25 am »

I gif u cheezburger, u go awaiz?

Jd-

• [Member]
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 04:56:47 am »

I gif u cheezburger, u go awaiz?

The answer!

(click to show/hide)

Basically, I'm going to assume the Lupin team has worked on a special, because if they hadn't--how many people did they need for Lupin vs. Conan? To sum it up: Conan is animated regularly by two different units (or was; will explain momentarily)--one does the TV series and one that does the movies. The Conan anime team did have a part in Lupin vs. Conan, which was approximately throughout November and into early December. The main Conan animation team animated up to episode 521 (under a new storyboarder), but at that point, the team that usually only does in-house Shounen Sunday OVAs [aka, the budget group] began working on every-odd episode. Starting with the second half of episode 522, the art style went far down hill. In fact, there were times when the characters resembled monsters. (Hattori looked like The Predator in one shot, I kid you not). And yes, it's that bad. :'(

The common assumption is that the animation team's load was decreased for a variety of reasons: work on Lupin vs. Conan, work on the 13th movie, and due to budget concerns. The series has recently moved to Saturday @ 6:00 and is now in competition with other shows that would fit Conan's core demographic. Ironically, this includes MAJOR on another network that also airs at the exact same time. For those that aren't familiar (you should be, though, because MAJOR is an amazing series :-*), Conan and MAJOR have both ran in Shounen Sunday since 1994 and are the only popular series that remain in the magazine.

Back to the budget cuts: Ever since the move to Saturday, the ratings for Conan have gone down even more and there have been some sponsor changes. Unfortunately for the quality of the series, the OVA team (now the third unit) produces such awful animation time and time again. It was really a shame, too, because 522 was a key episode. They've since worked on every other episode (and sometimes two in a row).

Tl;dr version for those not aspiring to be Detective Conan historians: More Lupin, please. :'(

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 02:53:37 pm »

What's the source? Even if it could be a rumor, it doesn't hurt to mention it (as long as you state that it should be considered one and that it's not fact). Come to think of it... didn't we think the Lupin vs Conan special was a rumor at first? ;)

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 12:35:30 am »

What's the source? Even if it could be a rumor, it doesn't hurt to mention it (as long as you state that it should be considered one and that it's not fact). Come to think of it... didn't we think the Lupin vs Conan special was a rumor at first? ;)
WOW talk about badly placed typos

Anyways, I read it off 2ch (which is always the next best legit source after wikipedia) and I'm not entirely positive which thread it was in, but wish me luck! Hopefully it hasn't been deleted yet. xD

Sad cactus

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 12:40:00 am »
Good luck! ^^

Bring us back good rumors-that-are-hopefully-news! ^^

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 01:27:12 am »
What on earth is going on with my grammar tonight? xD I've spotted at least three things wrong with my last post.

Jd-

• [Member]
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 09:58:51 pm »
Still nothing announced.

Cause for concern?

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 10:12:28 pm »
Hey, what about that rumor you heard from 2Ch, JoYi?

Jd-

• [Member]
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 08:33:54 am »
And we're officially past the normal deadline. :'(