Author Topic: Lupin the Merch!  (Read 268466 times)

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
Re: Lupin the Merch!
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2012, 03:56:45 am »

I didn't know you could buy one from a European country. But I have seen a movie poster for the DVD promotions, which is the exact same as that except without the big red boarder.

I on the other hand found the really bizarre Cagliostro poster, which has Lupin and Clarisse the same, but everything behind them has all shot to hell, lol. It's a lot smaller though, and a 3rd the price of the other.

Very very nice find there, BTW. :D
Oh and I see that took the Count's head from the 3rd alternate poster and slapped him there in the middle. Interesting. 8)

I AM from Europe (Switzerland exactly), that's why I could buy it! The picture is actually a mix from two movie posters, the one from 1979 and another one which was used as cover for a pamphlet gift offered by anime magazine Animage in 1983.

Why the count appears on this poster is to hide Goemon who was cut off the movie (in the objective to present this movie as European production).
But why Miyazaki was so obsessed to draw this horrible fringle to Jigen in EVERY Lupin anime he did?
-----------------------------------------
I decided to strike for the recognition of Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko's sacrifice in The Castle of Cagliostro

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2012, 11:37:20 am »
Found this while browsing eBay this morning (these things always pop up when I'm broke :P): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lupin-The-3rd-Collection-DVDs-Lot-of-15-DVDs-1-Video-Tape-/271047044102?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3f1ba9ac06

From my understanding this is all 15 Geneon Part 2 DVDs as well as the English dubbed VHS, which in itself is pretty rare I'd say.

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2012, 11:38:44 am »

I didn't know you could buy one from a European country. But I have seen a movie poster for the DVD promotions, which is the exact same as that except without the big red boarder.

I on the other hand found the really bizarre Cagliostro poster, which has Lupin and Clarisse the same, but everything behind them has all shot to hell, lol. It's a lot smaller though, and a 3rd the price of the other.

Very very nice find there, BTW. :D
Oh and I see that took the Count's head from the 3rd alternate poster and slapped him there in the middle. Interesting. 8)

I AM from Europe (Switzerland exactly), that's why I could buy it! The picture is actually a mix from two movie posters, the one from 1979 and another one which was used as cover for a pamphlet gift offered by anime magazine Animage in 1983.

Why the count appears on this poster is to hide Goemon who was cut off the movie (in the objective to present this movie as European production).

Well, Goemon didn't do much anyway. lol
So it's honestly not a big loss. Though for that one scene near the middle, I'm not sure how they were able to remove him from conversations.

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
« Reply #228 on: September 05, 2012, 03:22:53 pm »
Well, Goemon didn't do much anyway. lol
So it's honestly not a big loss. Though for that one scene near the middle, I'm not sure how they were able to remove him from conversations.

The scene where they speak about Clarisse and Lupin's past were simply cut. Here is a link about censorship that was realized in 1982 (or 1983) probably in France, even if French fans believe this censorship comes from the USA (they think the same arrived like 'Nausicaa' who became 'Warrior of the Wind') and it's one of my objective to prove that the movie was not cut by Americans: http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=830 (the pictures show all scenes which are not to be seen in the old versions, except the opening).

In normal version, the movie is 1:40:47 minutes long, but in the two old versions, it's 1:24:40 minutes. This is where we see that Goemon is not really present in 'Cagliostro' and that the job was 'good' made, because someone who didn't know the real version will not necessarily remark that parts were cut, except during the wedding scene  ;D !
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:46:08 pm by veggie 11 »
But why Miyazaki was so obsessed to draw this horrible fringle to Jigen in EVERY Lupin anime he did?
-----------------------------------------
I decided to strike for the recognition of Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko's sacrifice in The Castle of Cagliostro

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #229 on: November 02, 2012, 05:07:22 am »
Pics of the LE Fujiko postcards which come w/ the R2 set, courtesy of @40thlupin3.

Update: Fujiko tees, posters, towels, folders, and fake tattoo stickers here, courtesy of @40thlupin3.

Update 2: Lupin avatars for some JP online sim called Ameba Pig.

Update 3: Lupin the Android app. Thanks to Gozar for the correction.

Update 4: New Lupin wallpaper.

Update 5: Lupin the Zippo lighter via @LUPINnwOFFICIAL. The handcuff holds the lighter.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:08:55 am by GATSU »

Gold Demona

• Queen of the Easily Amused
  • Part of the Gang
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #230 on: December 14, 2012, 04:50:44 am »
They're coming out with a new Revoltech Lupin figure.

This time in the green jacket!

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-5587

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2013, 12:15:35 am »
@aicnanime and @tomopop linked some Jigen Revoltech pics.

Edit: Anyone want a Lupin toy train?

Edit 2: New Fujiko figure.

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
« Reply #232 on: February 09, 2013, 12:14:38 am »
Edit 2: New Fujiko figure.

Wow, I really like the one in black, but it seems to be available only through TMS's online shop. I can find the white one all over the place, but the black one isn't anywhere else.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #233 on: March 19, 2013, 05:13:16 am »
They apparently have replicas of the rings from Cagliostro and a strap based on the string of flags Lupin hands to Clarice. >_<

Edit: A Woman Called Fujiko artbook.

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #234 on: March 19, 2013, 05:16:54 am »
Houray for the artbook !!!!!!!  ;D

And the position of lupin in the cover is totally manga-like.  8)
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2013, 10:00:23 am »
Hooray!

Managed to snag myself a copy of the 2nd volume of Lupin III music from the Red Jacket series during it's 1979 year. Now I shall have all 3. ;D 8) And this one was undoubtedly the hardest one to obtain, only because it took forever before a decent price showed up. Every one of these is either $45, $36, $52, $60, and so on and so on. But the 3rd soundtrack from 1980 can be bought on CD, even now, for only $23 dollars or so. So I'm not sure what makes this one so damn expensive.

But some Japanese seller was nice enough not to be greedy and was only selling this beauty for $11 bucks. But of course I wanted to be safe and get the insured shipping, so it came to a sturdy $32.99. And I'm sure we're all pretty used to paying about that much for our Lupin music.

I still don't get why we can't just get these on Amazon MP3 or I-tunes, it just doesn't make sense to me. Why is it that some Japanese songs are available, and most other music is downloadable, but most of the Japanese soundtracks you have to import on CDs? Who honestly buys CDs anymore? Well I still do, and of course I collect records, but I'm starting to convert to only MP3s, so the question still stands.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:35:19 am by FilmmakerJ »

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2013, 11:02:37 am »
They apparently have replicas of the rings from Cagliostro and a strap based on the string of flags Lupin hands to Clarice. >_<

Edit: A Woman Called Fujiko artbook.
If there's anything that I truly enjoyed from "Fujiko Mine", it's the artwork. I may pick this up.

sprak

• Cliff Hanger
    • Lupin III Encyclopedia
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2013, 04:07:57 pm »
I still don't get why we can't just get these on Amazon MP3 or I-tunes, it just doesn't make sense to me. Why is it that some Japanese songs are available, and most other music is downloadable, but most of the Japanese soundtracks you have to import on CDs? Who honestly buys CDs anymore? Well I still do, and of course I collect records, but I'm starting to convert to only MP3s, so the question still stands.

iTunes... iTunes...

Anyhoo, I'm sure the Japanese music industry is still in the phase the US music industry was when downloadable music first came out. Media giants don't respond quickly or well to these sorts of technological shifts. Recall how difficult it is to get music rights just for an anime release here in the US. I imagine it is the same in Japan; companies that hold the copyright for a piece of music are stubbornly refusing to negotiate download rights for it.

Give them time; they'll come around. No one thought Steve Jobs would get the US industry to bite on $0.99 downloads, but he did.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2013, 06:22:49 pm »
Fujiko shows off her bling.   

sprak: I think I e-mailed that TMS collaborative company about just that.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:39:23 pm by GATSU »

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2013, 09:23:31 pm »
Not sure if this was mentioned already, but I certainly didn't know. Last month, a Green Jacket Revoltech figure released.