Author Topic: Lupin the Merch!  (Read 219850 times)

Mattel Jones

• [Member]
Re: Lupin the Merch!
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 04:54:10 pm »
Oh, only now I noticed those Cagliostro diorama kits (or whatever they're called x_x) of yours. So tiny~♥ I browsed around them on auctions not too long ago but decided not to invest. I'm still not too thrilled about painting figures myself.

Excuse me if I am misreading your comment, but actually none of the Lupin items on my shelf are the type you 'paint yourself'. The smaller Cagliostro 'dioramas' are Gashapon toys which are like tiny pre-painted model kits made out of PVC. They are also referred to as Candy Toys because they are sometimes sold in small boxes with candy. Gashapon refers to the type that come from a vending machine and are packed in plastic eggs (like gumball machine toys). The word 'gashapon' is the sound the product makes when coins release it from the machine. Most of my smaller Lupin figures are made by Bandai, but there are some other types as well. The larger PVC figures are (as you point out) made by Banpresto. There is at least one model kit company, GSI Creos, that has produced quite a few kits based on CASTLE OF CAGLIOSTRO but to date, I haven't added any of those to my collection. A trading partner, and good friend, of mine in Tokyo has told me he has been working on one for me that depicts Lupin and Jigen camping out prior to their arrival at Castle Cagliostro. It's a scene from the opening credits sequence. I've been waiting about a year for him to send me this model. I can't complain however since he has sent me the Castle itself in the meantime, along with the Banpresto Prisonbreakers figures and too many other items to list. Anyway here's a picture of that kit, which is (I think) in the 1/12th scale and does require painting and assembly:

and here is a website with pictures and details of some of the other kits: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10012888. Lazymez I hope you are able to work out a way or a place to display some of those Lupin figures you are 'drowning' in because the idea of keeping them all locked up in storage just makes me sad. Even if you are only able to hang one three foot shelf, it can still go a long ways to brightening up your environment with toys. Good luck!

Lazymez

• [Member]
    • Flavors.me
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 09:09:22 pm »
Whoaa I'm getting confused here XD

To clear the possible misunderstandings;
If you're telling me those small ones are simply gashapons, I think what I've seen might be unofficial garage kits of those or something. Seller had photos of open box with unpainted pieces (i.e scene with Lupin pulling Clarisse outside the window). I think I need to try to find those auction items again when I have time. It was weeks ago when I saw them, tho, so I'm not sure if I can find them again.

I'm somewhat familiar with those GSI Creos Cagliostro kits you mentioned. You see those once in a while on auctions. Hopefully you'll get that one sooner or later home, it looks pretty detailed with all those small articles :D If I ever decide to try out unpainted models, I think they'll be from Sailormoon. They look simple enough and completed Sailormoon PVC models have no real variety on second hand market.

Yeah, both I and my figures are crying because of current box situation. Not only my Lupin stuff are hiding in boxes. I've wanted to screw some shelves on my room walls to get more display places, but I decided not to 'cause I never know when I'm moving out. Frustrating situation >_>;

Mattel Jones

• [Member]
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 10:43:26 pm »
Thanks for your reply Lazymez! Now you've got me curious about what you saw. Still I have a suspicion it was most likely one of those GSI Creos kits, but maybe not clearly labeled as such? There is so much legit Lupin III merch out there I can't imagine a need for bootlegs...but who knows...

Anyway here's a comparison shot of one of the Bandai Gashapons with its source material. You talk about detail with the 1/12th scale model kits, well I think Bandai is pretty impressive to at a much smaller size! I stuck a penny in there for size check.  Note that this diorama is part of the same set that includes the one of Lupin pulling Clarisse through the window. I've seen this set listed on ebay for as much as 70. USD which blows my mind since they probably sold originally in Japan for a couple bucks at most.

Sabutaatti

• [Member]
  • LUPIIINN!!!
    • MAL
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 02:49:23 pm »

Release Date Feb 03, 2010
Artist Yuji Ohno, Lupintic Five With Friends

Whole OST is really jazzy, I like these. I hope these we will be in the special also... They should have spend more time with the cover art D:

Contains following songs:
# Theme From Lupin The Third 2010 ~ルパン三世のテーマ~ (/Theme from Lupin the Third 2010 ~Lupin the Third theme~)
# 2 ラヴ・スコール (/Love Squall)
# 3 サンバ・テンペラード  (/Samba Temberado)
# 4 MANHATTAN JOKE
# 5  斬鉄剣 (/Zantetsuken)
# 6 炎のたからもの (/Treasure of the Flame)
# 7 ルパン三世 愛のテーマ (/Lupin the Third theme of love)
# 8 銭形マーチ (/Zenigata March)
# 9 トルネード (/Tornado)
# 10 笑う太陽 (Feat.中納良恵/Yoshie Nanako From EGO-WRAPPIN') (/Sun smile)  (I'm not really sure about the last track' name)

Listen samples here (flash needed).

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 08:39:52 pm »
Oh my god those Cagliostro recreations are so amazing. I'd like to find some of those for other Lupin Movies. Like Mamo or Dead or Alive.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 01:50:31 am »
Newest Cagliostro figurines.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2010, 02:12:48 am »
It's mind boggling to think that in the Grand Scheme of Lupin, it's a 31 year old Movie keeps getting figures constantly. I personally would rather them make figure sets specific to the newest special every year.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2010, 05:04:10 am »
Lupin golf tees.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2010, 08:26:55 pm »
Awww. No Pops? But still cool none the less. Love seeing how marketable Lupin is in Japan.

Sabutaatti

• [Member]
  • LUPIIINN!!!
    • MAL
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2010, 12:17:40 pm »
now there's Roots campaing which I'm interested - Coffee(?) 8D

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2010, 04:26:50 pm »
I'm actually more interested in that Black Jacket one. Something very unique looking IMO. Nice to see that the 40'th Anniversary one isn't the only one we'll ever see.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:27:18 pm by Gozar »

m-o

• [Member]
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2010, 10:46:30 am »
http://www.yesasia.com/global/stylish-collection-lupin-the-3rd-pilot-film/1005113943-0-0-0-en/info.html
it's the first time i see this figure. and it's expensive  :o

i don't know if someone has seen this before, but it's curious, and funny.
http://www.popsucker.net/2008/02/dont_be_silly_pop_a_cap_in_tha.html

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2010, 07:40:03 pm »
Pics of Gachapon and Roots figures here.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 05:49:24 am »
Lupin figure with hipster glasses.  :P Oh, and Fujiko likes to play doctor. Sadly, I mean that literally.  :'( 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 05:51:29 am by GATSU »

Dots Salchow

• Actually Dots Salchow
  • Part of the Gang
  • That's Dots to you!
    • Tumblr blog
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2010, 07:15:24 am »
Oh, and Fujiko likes to play doctor. Sadly, I mean that literally.  :'(  
When i saw that figurine of Fujiko in a doctor's outfit, i couldn't help but think of that Animaniacs quote:
"Hellooooooo Nurse!"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 07:17:06 am by geckogirl191 »
Often caught but never held for long, Lupin III brought the gentleman-thief into this century with his hi-tech antics and old-world charm.
~Helen McCarthy, 500 Manga Heroes & Villains