Author Topic: Lupin the Merch!  (Read 268369 times)

FilmmakerJ

Re: Lupin the Merch!
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2011, 01:15:45 pm »
So, remember First Haul, anyone? FUNimation's little banquet of 5 specials/movie items that got pakcaged together after they made off with the cash from an indivual release? Yeah, it's superhot on Amazon. That is to say, never going to be sold. Who wants to pay almost 300 USD for five boring movies?

As an aside: Seriously used from 50 smackers? Extortionists, I cry!

Now I don't know who thinks that anyone, even us, is going to pay over 60 bucks to buy each of those sets of five movies? They are not worth that, and never will be materially worth that. And I don't know who thinks that they are worth that much to themselves to sell it for such a steep price.

Since I couldn't find all of the movies for a cheap price when I wanted all 10, I just bought them individually from both Amazon, and 2 from Ebay. Cost me about $65 bucks in total, nothing much.

Recently I've found that both the first and second Hauls are available on Ebay for $47 dollars each. Which realistically is a much more deserving price than $300 for one of the hauls. http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Lupin-3rd-1-5-Movie-Pack-DVD-2006-5-Disc-Set-/56122472?_dmpt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&_pcategid=617&_pcatid=1&_refkw=lupin+the+3rd&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5212&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Actually I guess the 2nd haul is still over $100. But you get my point. Somewhere you can probably get them for under $80, if your lucky.
But if any of you are desperate to just buy all the movies. Do what I did, buy them individually. It will hurt your DVD shelf space more than it will your wallet.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:20:24 pm by FilmmakerJ »

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2011, 02:35:37 pm »
Getting each movie individually is not only cheaper than the Haul sets nowadays, but you also get all the cover art instead of these weird "slivers" of cover art for each package. The Hauls are a slick package but they're sorely lacking in artwork.
-R. Nelson

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2011, 02:51:44 pm »
Ah, hello Mr. 3rd.

I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting you yet. At a better time, I do have some questions I'd like to ask you.

But for this particular topic, have you ever come across a poster enlargement of the first Pioneer Lupin DVD on Amazon? It's a 27 x 40 image straight from the box-art. http://www.amazon.com/Rupan-sansei-Poster-Inches-Yamada/dp/B0051OLNDI/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1313174871&sr=1-3

At the time I bought it, it was the only suitable poster that I could buy for cheap. Most other official Lupin posters run around $45-$75 dollars on Ebay.

Just recently, however, I have found a wonderful Lupin movie poster that I bought for a rock bottom price. But I will talk more about it when it arrives.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:19:28 pm by FilmmakerJ »

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Stealing Japan for a Year
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2011, 09:26:26 pm »
My host father in Japan bought these for me as a gift.
They are as shown on this website
http://lupin-3rd.net/news/index.html#ITEM138

the pictures are about a quarter way down the page, it doesn't say the date, but the paragraph above it says:
Rootsボトル缶にルパン三世プルバックカーが付いてくる!
JT缶コーヒー「Rootsアロマボトルシリーズ」に『ルパン三世』プルバックカーの景品、さらに必ずオリジナルフィギュアが手に入るキャンペーンを実施!!(7月上旬より順次展開予定)

I was very grateful :)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:54:07 am by KoichiZenigata »

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2011, 03:07:42 am »
Looks like you link just goes to the first entry, which is the barely-announced "Lupin Master File" home video release. There are tons of figures and trinkets shown on this page. Do you think you be a little more specific, please? Thanks. :)
-R. Nelson

Jenko

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2011, 10:24:29 pm »
I have to ask, are there any Monkey Punch Illustration books that are worth their money?
BROKEN PASSWORD LINKS OH MY GOD WHAT THE F**K PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2011, 11:30:17 pm »
I have to ask, are there any Monkey Punch Illustration books that are worth their money?

I don't know for sure.
I would say based on the few images I have seen and some items I've noticed here and there, there might be. Problem is everyone is focused on selling Lupin items on Amazon and Ebay and other places, that alone is obscure enough. So finding something as obscure as a Monkey Punch art book is a real stroke of luck. At least in my experience.

If it is an art-book solely based in Lupin art by Monkey Punch, then there might be one or two around somewhere.

Jenko

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2011, 05:44:15 am »
Uarghgs. Well that's bad.

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2011, 01:17:16 am »
Ok so my Host father in Japan bought me a load of Lupin III used items in an auction and I mean A LOAD. He bought me a cellphone charm of Lupin and its So flippin' cute. 

He also bought me 23 Lupin III figurines all used. But I don't care, its LUPIN! I have a video here with all of the figures visible -->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cKy3t0FH7g

He also bought me this Heiwa Lupin III box that had cell phone charms with pictures of the gang, along with a calculator :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:22:02 am by KoichiZenigata »

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2011, 01:29:44 am »
KoichiZ you making me jealous when you get these Lupin items

Last Lupin item i bought was a doujinshi... that was 2 years ago

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2011, 04:18:07 am »
Samantha, I want a Japanese host father, too!
-R. Nelson

Jenko

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2011, 07:10:44 pm »
Whats a japanese host-father?

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2011, 12:26:46 am »
Whats a japanese host-father?
the Official term is:
Host Parent (Father or Mother) means that A host family is the family that a student who travels abroad and attends school, stays with while there are in that particular country.

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2011, 04:53:05 am »
the Official term is:
Host Parent (Father or Mother) means that A host family is the family that a student who travels abroad and attends school, stays with while there are in that particular country.

Thanks for answering his question :) But not only do you have a host father or mother but sometimes you might have a host sister or host brother. I have a host sister right now.