Author Topic: Lupin the Draw!  (Read 163331 times)

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
Re: Lupin the Draw!
« Reply #330 on: May 18, 2013, 04:23:31 am »
Lupin III: "The World Is Mine!"

(Sign: ~cursive~ World is Mine Signed: ルパン三世 *Translation: Lupin Sensai*)
(Sign On Inspector Zenigata's Rocket Ship: I.C.P.O)
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

JayAukie

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #331 on: July 24, 2013, 09:16:32 pm »
Fujiko and Jigen Pyrography

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2013, 08:57:28 pm »

HAPPY 46TH BIRTHDAY, LUPIN III~!!!!

That's right, folks. Today marks the day that legendary anime gentleman thief and badass, Lupin III, was created on August 10, 1967 in Weekly Manga Action and over the years he's been in different manga appearances, games, anime series, OVAs, theatrical films, specials, music CDs, etc. stealing our hearts and righting wrongs for 46 years. Lupin III franchise has even paved the way for modern day anime and manga over the years such as Naruto, One Piece, Cowboy Bebop, and thousands more.

As u guys kno, I'm a huge fan of the Lupin III franchise and the other works by Lupin III creator, Kazuhiko Katō (AKA Monkey Punch). For this occasion, I've decided to make this caricature of Monkey Punch himself in his MAD Magazine/Playboy manga/anime style with his Monkey mascot and little furball with feet as seen in Many of MP's mangas such as Lupin III~Chapter 91: King Of The Cave of the first manga series and artworks on top of Monkey Punch's beret hat, which u can't see due to me shading it in too dark. Me and RedDear r both working on a art collaboration for this event.

I was inspired by a faceless caricature of Monkey Punch (using a over-sized sketch pad covering his face) that he made in Chapter 14 of the first manga series- Interview With a Lupin (Lupin III: Behind the Manga)(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q95O_nxFbbE&safe=active & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXLBEUQbGKg&safe=active), or the battered and beaten version of him from Chapter 48 of the first original manga series-"The Dream Sequence", or the caricature used of him from Lupin and Zenigata's very first appearance in Chapter 1 of the original manga- "Art of the Entrance" (or "The Arrest Of Lupin The Third), the same MP caricature that was reused in Mankatsu)(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdimoater01rl8q4fo1_400.png & http://i2.pixiv.net/img46/img/02kisaragi/19153265.jpg & http://i2.pixiv.net/img46/img/02kisaragi/27501163.jpg & http://i2.pixiv.net/img100/img/5296-3150/27539468.jpg.). I used the pics and vids as references for this pic along with this reference from The Woman Called Fujiko Mine (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KXktE7N9lpI/T8NdbCY0bhI/AAAAAAAAbJQ/Egf5B5n9q7M/s1600/x04+Monkey+Delivery+Service.jpg) to draw this pic. I basically combined different caricatures of MP including this photo: http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6218/6996894133_cd50a1c81e_z.jpg

Keep an eye out for the art collab with me and RedDear coming soon along with some new separate pieces from us based around the Lupin III franchise.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:01:28 pm by Kid Lupin Jr. »
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2013, 09:03:30 pm »

Monkey Punch Manga-esque Lupin III Doodles

My Random Freehanded, Ink Drawn Monkey Punch-styled Lupin III Sketches I Did Out Of Boredom At A Program I Had To Go To Relating To My Summer Job Program. I Knew There Was A Reason Y I Was Making Lupin III Related Artwork Lately Even Though I Didn't Kno (Or Forgot) It Was The Anniversary. Since Monkey Punch Never Gave The Furballs With Feet An Official Name. I Sorta Based The Artwork From The Original Monkey Punch Manga Series And The Woman Called Fujiko Mine Character Designs, But I actually Drew These Off The Top Of My Head. So, Me and A Friend Of Mine Called These Little Creatures Dudles. The Joke Of The Name Was Because Monkey Punch Would Make Doodles Of These Little Guys In Some Of This Mangas And Artwork Hes Made Over The Years. (Lol)> XD

Happy 46th, Lupin!!!

#LupinThe46Th
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
« Reply #334 on: August 18, 2013, 03:42:54 pm »
Here's on of my uninked and uncolored designs for one of the covers for the soundtrack.

I wanted to make it look similar to Monkey Punch's later Lupin manga styled designs. I might draw Jigen, Fujiko, Melon Cop, Oscar, Lupin's pet dalmatian, Lupin Jr., his female partner, Sherlock Jr., and the dudles (the little furry creatures with big feet that MP doodled in his mangas and artwork I gave a unoffical name to) on a few more pages in manga styled also. I sorta don't like the way I drew Goemon's face and I think I added too many X's on his gi.

Any thoughts?
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #335 on: August 30, 2013, 05:42:28 pm »
Video of Fujiko chalk art. Thanks to @aicnanime and @funimation for the link.

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
« Reply #336 on: September 03, 2013, 01:13:32 pm »

These were a few doodles of Lupin and his family (including Zenigata) from their first separate appearances from the manga I made one day when I got bored in two of my classes back at college. For some reason, that idea had been struck in my head all that week and I'm really glad I drew it all down. Originally, I was trying to practice on how to draw Goemon from the manga and his first appearance in the Lupin III first manga series chapter, Master Goemon (Aka Appearance Of Goemon) (Chapter 28), but then I started to draw Jigen  from his first appearance in the first series manga, The Hand Is Quicker Than The Spy (Aka Magician) (Chapter 7), which also marked the very very appearance of Lupin III villain, Pycal The Magician, who also appeared in episode 2 the first series anime (Green Jacket series), the Man They Call Magician, and years later, was featured in the Lupin III anime 30th anniversary OVA, The Return Of The Magician. Soon after I drew those I just drew Lupin (yes, Lupin had a "Popeye" chin in the first few chapters of the original first manga series) and Zenigata from their first appearance together in the manga, The Arrest Of Lupin III (Aka Art Of Enterance) (Chapter 1). Then I just drew Lupin's Dalmatian (first appearance in Chapter 30: Crime Doesn't Weigh) there just for kicks because, for some reason, I really loved that dog. It was so much like Lupin in every way kinda like Shaggy and Scooby. Then, I got home and just drew Fujiko too (It was about time I practiced drawing her) from her first appearance, Chapter 3: Mystery Woman (and, if ur going my manga wise "everywoman" Fujiko (meaning that Monkey Punch actually named all of the sexy, perfect breasted women who appeared in the manga, Fujiko Mine, because he didn't really feel like naming them and changing their design every time), Chapter 1 as a pair of rich twins). I love how the characters came out actually especially Fujiko (considering I felt like I messed her up last time I drew her: insaneasylum123.deviantart.com
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:14:13 pm by Kid Lupin Jr. »
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
« Reply #337 on: September 03, 2013, 08:58:46 pm »

This was a piece I made when I was trying to draw Lieutenant Oscar from Lupin III: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna (Lupin The Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine) in the form of the show's origin and main influence, the first series manga. If u guys haven't noticed in the piece, I actually gave Oscar sideburns like Goemon from the manga because, during the 60's and 70's, sideburn was a really popular style and MP drew most of his male characters with sideburns during the time as in contrast to the bangs or locks used in the anime designs of his characters like what they did with Goemon's hair style. While I was practicing how to draw manga Oscar and drawing a few of his manga-esque facial expressions, I thought to myself, "what if Woman Called Fujiko Mine was made into a manga back when the original first manga series between 1967 and 1971 (a few years after the first manga ended and Lupin III: New Adventures (Rupan Sansei Shin Bōken) begun) and it only starred a different male lead instead of Lupin or even Fujiko herself (since in the manga, Fujiko was a named that classified different sexy women that Lupin ran into, fell in love with, worked with, had sex with (forced or willing), flirted with, and back stabbed him in the Lupin III manga series)"? So, after that I just drew up this pic. Soon, after that completely done with drawing Oscar and the logo, I drew Zenigata in a heart since Zeni was Oscar's superior, father figure, and even his main love interest in the series. I figured what if Oscar was Lupin III's very first openly gay character in the franchise and MP sneak in a few homo erotic innuendos in this "series". I drew "Fujiko" in a skull and crossbones because Oscar always hated her and was somewhat jealous of the "pig woman" or the "spittoon Lady", and the fact that she was the most dangerous femme fatale in the Lupin III franchise. The name "Oscar The Vengeful" was actually inspired from Red Dear after we had a convo on Skype chat about a two or three parter Lupin III fan manga, which might be featured in the Lupin III fancomic anthology (that's still in development), and the title he said for pat two was "The Quest Of Oscar The Vengeful". This piece and the story behind it won't be involved with the two or three parter fancomic in the anthology. But, the real story arc will be about what happened to Oscar after the events of the 4th series to do the fans of Oscar and the show some justice. The manga will have a very special guest appearance of a somewhat forgotten Lupin III character that perused Lupin even before Zenigata ever did and later got partnered up with Zenigata to catch Lupin years later. The three parter series is basically a epilogue after the 4th series and a prologue of the Lupin III second (or third manga series), Shin Lupin III (Aka Lupin III: World's Most Wanted), and it pays homage to the Lupin III both anime and manga franchise.

Note: In the "series", Lupin and Jigen already meets Goemon from his first appearance in the first manga series and also the letter spelled out in Lupin's smile logo is Lupin and the shadowing under the bottom lip is spelled out, "III". It's all spelled out, "Lupin III Presents", all together.

The plot of the manga would be about Oscar trying to uncover his origin and get revenge on a cult that worshiped the Cahuilla Indian god of death, Muut, who was represented as an owl, that stole him from his parents and tortured him in his past and take them down once and for all, which was also y he joined the ICPO and got assigned to Inspector Zenigata as his partner. Oscar would travel the world with Zenigata to try to right wrongs and to hand out swift and strict justice while on the tail of Lupin and the gang. But, while on his globe trotting adventures, Oscar puts the pieces of his past together and takes down different operatives and members of the owl cult that took his life and his childhood away from him until he finds the source of all the cult's owl in the underworld of Southern California.

I probably imagine Monkey Punch crossing over this series with the Lupin III manga series like how he did in Pandora (パンドラ). In Chapter 90 of the first series, Cue The Trouble, Its mentioned that the Lupin Empire has a deadly rivalry with the Pandora Clan and the "Fujiko" in that story was a member of the clan like the main character in from that manga.

Anyway, back to the piece, I imagined this would have more slapstick and sex humor in it even though it has a dark tone like the Lupin manga series (possibly more controversial and darker considering its themes).

I hope to make more artwork based around more of Monkey Punch's characters or around my Oscar The Vengeful 70's spinoff idea. I'll post up the two interior covers of the fan soundtrack, Punch The Monkey 2.0: The Stolen Mixes later
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:30:18 pm by Kid Lupin Jr. »
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
« Reply #338 on: September 11, 2013, 08:30:13 am »

Here r the three uncolored interior covers to the soundtrack. They all actually connect to make a picture of Lupin Jr. and his female partner, who's holding on to him for dear life, chasing the dudles (the little furry creatures that Monkey Punch doodled in his mangas and artwork) while using Lupin's dalmatian from the first manga series as a hunting dog. XD Red Dear is going to edit the pic by coloring it (of course), To connect the pages for the cover is to line up the rope from the cord that Lupin Jr. is holding on to, connect it, and extending it depending how long the case is. Then, shriek the dalmatian to a normal dalmatian size compared to Lupin Jr. and the dudles, lift Lupin Jr. off the ground a bit because he's using a rocket powered skateboard, add a shadow under the dalmatian, who's actually jumping after the dudles. The dudles r basically on good ground level compared to Lupin Jr. and the dalmatian's designs. Me and RD r planning on using these designs (and adding a forth page of Sherlock Jr. from the Lupin Jr. manga chasing them all on motorcycle seat) later for the first volume of the Lupin III fancomic anthology and also a story behind these pics if the soundtrack becomes a big hit and we have more time for more projects.

I wanted to actually pay homage to MP's original manga series including the "lost" Lupin Jr. two volume manga series and the recurring villains and other character featured in the manga and anime. The front cover of the soundtrack will also feature characters such as Melon Cop (World's Most Wanted aka Shin Lupin III manga and the female version of him was featured in Lupin III: Part II episode, Revenge Of Le Nerd or Lady Detective Melon), Oscar (The Woman Called Fujiko Mine), Rasputin (New Adventures Of Lupin III manga), and Pycal (Lupin III original first manga series, episode 2 of Lupin III: Part I (Green Jacket series), The Man They Call Magician, and the Lupin III anniversary OVA, Return Of The Magician).

Keep an eye out for more on the soundtrack and the upcoming cover designs for it.
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
« Reply #339 on: September 14, 2013, 08:42:24 pm »
Lupin III:

He Appears Like An Angel, Disappears Like A Demon

These r different versions of a promo piece for the fancomic anthology. The piece is paying homage to the surreal and dark moments and stories in the original manga first series, Secret Of Mamo, and the lost fantasy/horror style of Mamoru Oshii's Lupin III (ルパン三世 完結篇) (see original artwork here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.575114602528510.1073741826.475178502522121&type=3). Me and Mr.Foo r planning to so a MP manga-esque story arc featuring the original plot to the unmade TV Special.

~Which of these two pics looks good enough to use for this dark valiant promo piece?:

*Promo art (A):

*Promo art (B):
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:30:57 am by Kid Lupin Jr. »
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

Mr. Foo

• Mr. Foo
  • Part of the Gang
  • Yes, that's my lung.
    • A.D. Living
« Reply #340 on: September 18, 2013, 07:48:28 am »
Kid Lupin Jr. had a rant on Fb regarding differences between anime and cartoon. The results were spectacular, thus we decided to make a meme out of it.
NSFW since it has some coarse language in the text.
http://adliving.deviantart.com/art/Animation-Equality-401032411?ga_submit_new=10%253A1379504903&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

(click to show/hide)

Kid Lupin Jr.

• Part of the Gang
  • I'm Back~!!!
    • [Lupin Maniac]
« Reply #341 on: September 25, 2013, 05:27:31 am »

This pic was originally based on a little doodle I did while I was in my Psychology class one day. This image has been on my mind to draw for a while, but I kept messing up on Lupin for some odd reason. I wanted to practice on doing different styles from the Lupin manga, and I chose out my favorite manga style from Lupin III: New Adventures. This style was so surreal and cartoony I just had to draw it up. One of my fav chapters was chapter 91: King Of The Cave. That one was where Lupin (who's hair has grown longer to cover his whole entire face long with a beard bigger than Jigen's) gets locked up in a underground cave at the bottom of a prison for 3 years and he basically looses his mind while trying to find different and weird ways to try to escape like molding a gun out of his out poop, chewing his way out though the walls, etc.. In the chapter, Monkey Punch's style seemed to change into more strange, violent, cartoony and surreal along with his storytelling style and twists. I remembered that the dudles (the furball with feet on top of Goemon's head) were in the manga as well, and I thought up an idea about what if Lupin and the gang met these 4th wall breaking, panal-jumping furballs themselves.
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!
LUPIN~!!!

Mr. Foo

• Mr. Foo
  • Part of the Gang
  • Yes, that's my lung.
    • A.D. Living
« Reply #342 on: October 06, 2013, 10:11:07 am »
(click to show/hide)

Black and white version of the promo