Author Topic: Lupin the Links!  (Read 225739 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Lupin the Links!
« on: July 30, 2009, 05:34:09 pm »
Considering how, uh, prolific link threads have been, I'm posting this here since we seem to have a repeated problem of faintly-related Lupin links, usually a handful a week. Unless it's a ZOMG HUEG announcement {new Lupin special, TV series, and so on}, or you have more than a sentence to preface it with, it goes here. I'm also merging a thread or two in here. ~Geist

Lasseter talks Cagliostro, courtesy of Scott Green.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 04:59:41 am by Geist_MD »

Sad cactus

Re: Lupin the Links!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 06:42:49 pm »
Yay!!!!

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 04:45:47 am »
Gatsu, First Warning: You've been doing this a lot lately, and it's time something was said.
Spam.
Sitewhoring is allowed ONLY in the sitewhore / random links thread. If you want to post a link, you have to SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT and not just post the URL and call it a day.

Actually, if you're going to post at all, please take the time to write something more than a couple words
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 05:00:50 am by Geist_MD »
1-888-SPY-HARD

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 09:37:37 pm »
Lupin the Monkey Majik.

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 12:09:52 pm »
Lupin the Monkey Majik.
To elaborate on this post, because I want people to know why they should check it out, because I think it's cool, let me quote the first paragraph of the article it links to on Anime News Network:

The Japanese-Canadian rock group Monkey Majik has created an animated music video in which the band members meet the Lupin, Jigen, Goemon, and Fujiko characters from Monkey Punch's Lupin III manga and anime franchise. The Oricon website is already streaming the full 187-second video on Wednesday.

And here's a link to the video itself, on Oricon: http://tv.oricon.co.jp/pvj/090805_10.html

And IMO it's a really nicely done video, too. Character designs look a little like a cross between Alcatraz Connection (in fact, the song covered is the Alcatraz Connection English-lyrics version of the themesong), Mamo, and Monkey Punch's manga art, and the general feel of the animation reminds me just a tad of Gorillaz' video for 19-2000.

Enjoy!  ;D
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

Geist_MD

• [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 12:29:43 pm »
Lupin the Monkey Majik.
To elaborate on this post, because I want people to know why they should check it out, because I think it's cool, let me quote the first paragraph of the article it links to on Anime News Network:

The Japanese-Canadian rock group Monkey Majik has created an animated music video in which the band members meet the Lupin, Jigen, Goemon, and Fujiko characters from Monkey Punch's Lupin III manga and anime franchise. The Oricon website is already streaming the full 187-second video on Wednesday.

And here's a link to the video itself, on Oricon: http://tv.oricon.co.jp/pvj/090805_10.html

And IMO it's a really nicely done video, too. Character designs look a little like a cross between Alcatraz Connection (in fact, the song covered is the Alcatraz Connection English-lyrics version of the themesong), Mamo, and Monkey Punch's manga art, and the general feel of the animation reminds me just a tad of Gorillaz' video for 19-2000.

Enjoy!  ;D

Aw, yeah. The animation is gorgeous, seriously. The character designs allow for strange, fluid expressions and are a throwback to the older stuff you mentioned, and they look great for it. If the specials/OVAs of late were this good, Lupin's popularity would skyrocket, I guarantee it.
1-888-SPY-HARD

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 12:37:59 pm »
The Monkey Punch-ness of the character designs was probably intentional, as they were used previously in (the sadly fansub-less)Mankatsu and in "Samba Temperado" on Play the Lupin; both of which were based on Monkey Punch manga.

And I agree, that is an awesome video, by the way.  Very funny.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 07:31:45 pm »
Got a direct clip of Lasseter hyping Cagliostro.  8) Fujiko fans come up with a band in her honor, courtesy of AICN Anime.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:25:32 pm by GATSU »

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 08:39:08 pm »
Found an old promo of Lupin from his Adult Swim days, this one showcasing the chicks from the "Lupin in Paradise" episode (possible spoilers for those of you who haven't seen that episode, as well as semi-NSFW due to their "uniforms"). Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCqRzgff6cE
Les temps sont durs pour les r

desperate4loopin

• [Member]
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 08:59:26 pm »
that was genius. I can't believe I missed out on Lupin when it was airing on adult swim.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 11:01:13 pm »
You need Quicktime 7 to view 'em, but here's a collection of Adult Swim's Lupin promos and openings.
They have 'em for their other shows, past and present, too.  My favorite is the "Intro Promo".  Having never seen that opening before at the time it aired, I thought it was one of the coolest things ever. 
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Geist_MD

• [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 03:19:40 pm »
Merged your thread, Linda. No biggy.  8)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 03:20:05 pm by Geist_MD »
1-888-SPY-HARD

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 05:43:14 pm »
I'd thought I'd post this, a Japanese blogger talks about the Lupin attraction at Tokyo Dome City with some pictures of the gift shop and the attraction (written in Japanese, sadly): http://woodeight.at.webry.info/200907/article_4.html
Les temps sont durs pour les r

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 03:39:49 am »
Angelina: As long as there're pics, it's all good.  ;D

HyperInSugar

• [Member]
  • Dance like there
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 05:47:44 pm »
The gift shop is the dream of every Lupin fangirl/fanboy, do you think they sell Jigen fedoras?
Why I am here:

-To be a dAmn addict
-To herd llamas
-To view pretty, pretty Jigen and Goemon pics