Author Topic: Lupin the Links!  (Read 281412 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Re: Lupin the Links!
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2010, 02:59:12 am »
Ah, thanks.

Sabutaatti

• [Member]
  • LUPIIINN!!!
    • MAL
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2010, 11:43:25 am »
This is just---priceless. Sometimes you found on Pixiv brilliant comics just like this one (you need to be logged in Pixiv before you can see anything from there). Lupin trying to steal from SOS Brigade... well this will be continued.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2010, 06:22:12 am »
Lupin the sandwich tie-in. Lupin B-T-S voice recordings.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 06:25:31 am by GATSU »

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2010, 07:38:56 am »
Pretty sure the Lotteria "sandwich" vid was posted earlier.
-R. Nelson

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2010, 12:57:40 am »
This Lupin/Bebop intro mash-up old, too?

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2010, 03:26:52 am »
http://mytown.asahi.com/hyogo/news.php?k_id=29000001007150001

Otemae University placed a giant picture of Lupin on a wall next to Shukugawa station. It's an attempt to replicate the Moomin boom* and create some sort of buzz among the people to look at Lupin, think hard, feel inspired and do something great in the time of low birthrates and what not.

*I had to look this up because this made no sense to me at first. Apparently there is a Swedish cartoon animal (...? kinda looks like a cow I dunno) that became the mascot of a big supermarket chain in Japan. It was plastered everywhere and Moomin became a bit of a craze that got a little out of hand.

And I don't know if it's just me but it feels that they're suggesting that students partake in certain Lupin-esque activities that can be associated with increasing the birthrate.............. I mean why else would you throw that sentence in there? I know it's a serious issue that pops up in everything but it's just a bit odd...

Fun tidbit for you all though: Monkey Punch holds bi-monthly lectures and teaches aspiring cartoonists at Otemae.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2010, 03:41:15 am »
Actually, I think that one is a first for the board. I seem to remember one in reverse, though, of Bebop characters to the Lupin OP theme....
-R. Nelson

Sabutaatti

• [Member]
  • LUPIIINN!!!
    • MAL
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2010, 02:13:34 pm »

Otemae University placed a giant picture of Lupin on a wall next to Shukugawa station. It's an attempt to replicate the Moomin boom* and create some sort of buzz among the people to look at Lupin, think hard, feel inspired and do something great in the time of low birthrates and what not.

*I had to look this up because this made no sense to me at first. Apparently there is a Swedish cartoon animal (...? kinda looks like a cow I dunno) that became the mascot of a big supermarket chain in Japan. It was plastered everywhere and Moomin became a bit of a craze that got a little out of hand.

And I don't know if it's just me but it feels that they're suggesting that students partake in certain Lupin-esque activities that can be associated with increasing the birthrate.............. I mean why else would you throw that sentence in there? I know it's a serious issue that pops up in everything but it's just a bit odd...

Fun tidbit for you all though: Monkey Punch holds bi-monthly lectures and teaches aspiring cartoonists at Otemae.
Moomins are Finnish, tut tut  >:( it's big thing in the Japan when they did animeversion back then...yeah.. Just ask about it, fellow Finnish knows.
But wow that size of the Lupin - niiceee...

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2010, 02:06:37 am »

Moomins are Finnish, tut tut  >:( it's big thing in the Japan when they did animeversion back then...yeah.. Just ask about it, fellow Finnish knows.
But wow that size of the Lupin - niiceee...
Ah sorry  :( The page I was reading said Moomin was Swedish.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2010, 07:27:55 am »
Never heard this Lupin song before. Japanese cosplayers re-enacting one of the openings.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:53:54 am by GATSU »

Dots Salchow

• Actually Dots Salchow
  • Part of the Gang
  • That's Dots to you!
    • Tumblr blog
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2010, 06:10:40 am »
Here's another custom LittleBigPlanet level themed after Lupin III. I'm guessing this one puts you in the role of a lackey or an apprentice towards the Lupin gang as you help them rob a bank. There are a few Lupin-themed collectable objects hidden as well.
The level is entirely in French, though.

Sackboy The Third - "First Contact"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:12:21 am by geckogirl191 »
Often caught but never held for long, Lupin III brought the gentleman-thief into this century with his hi-tech antics and old-world charm.
~Helen McCarthy, 500 Manga Heroes & Villains

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2010, 12:51:30 am »
Japanese cosplayers re-enacting one of the openings.
There's a very 'sweded' quality to it, I love it!
The shot of the grapes get thrown in the air was hilarious! Just thinking of them filming this makes me laugh! lol

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2010, 05:26:27 am »
Lupin the furry, er Great Mouse Detective/Cagliostro comparison clip.  ::)
Lupin covered by a groovy guy.
Lupin the chorus cover.
Lupin the fan audition.
Lupin the remix.  
Lupin the Blondie AMV.
Lupin the ska cover @ 3:36.
Lupin the Roman Holiday...
Lupin the dance-off.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 05:29:18 am by GATSU »

m-o

• [Member]
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2010, 02:02:34 pm »
it's amazing all the lupin stuff you can find on youtube. it never ends  :o

Sabutaatti

• [Member]
  • LUPIIINN!!!
    • MAL
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2010, 04:18:38 pm »
Let me introduce you The Tunnels and Miho Nakayama in this special sketch about the Lupin the Third. Higly recommend for everyone  :D