Author Topic: Lupin the Links!  (Read 282584 times)

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
Re: Lupin the Links!
« Reply #330 on: April 01, 2012, 07:20:20 pm »
That would be fantastic!

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #331 on: April 05, 2012, 10:56:35 pm »
This song sounds awfully familiar, don't you think?
-R. Nelson

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #332 on: April 05, 2012, 11:02:00 pm »
Sounded like we've got a regular Kenji Yamamoto on our hands XD

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #333 on: April 12, 2012, 07:10:04 am »
Comparison of slightly different Fujiko openings, courtesy of @catsuka and @hectopussy.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
« Reply #334 on: April 14, 2012, 03:17:30 pm »
I knew there was something different about that opening when we watched the 2nd episode via KeyholeTV! Especially the part where the TVs shut off. It's like watching the differences of the anime, Madoka Magica, when comparing them to their TV/BluRay counterparts.

Makes you wonder if they're going to do this for every episode: Slightly changing the OP sequence while the ED sequence will have major differences from the last one like what happened in episode 2 this week.

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2012, 03:35:08 pm »
I knew there was something different about that opening when we watched the 2nd episode via KeyholeTV! Especially the part where the TVs shut off. It's like watching the differences of the anime, Madoka Magica, when comparing them to their TV/BluRay counterparts.

Makes you wonder if they're going to do this for every episode: Slightly changing the OP sequence while the ED sequence will have major differences from the last one like what happened in episode 2 this week.

Actually, I think it has more to do with what Gozar and Reed are saying in the other section about the show, in that the staff animating the series is not including promos for the upcoming episode because they are working on each new episode up till the last hour of the deadline. Which means that they are rushing certain aspects because they started the series later than they anticipated. Meaning that the OP of the first episode was likely unfinished, as you can tell by some of the poor After Effects tricks they are using. The OP of the second episode was much more polished, likely suggesting that it may change a few more times until it's the way they want it, and then it will remain the same the rest of the way.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #336 on: April 14, 2012, 11:53:43 pm »
Wow! I totally didn't even notice a difference in the opening.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #337 on: April 21, 2012, 09:21:38 am »
More like a mixed bag of clips, but this Van Halen-themed AMV also features some Cagliostro goodness. Slightly NSFW.

Edit: Don't like mentioning boots, but since MGM/TCM doesn't want anyone who'd be interested to pay for it, you can get the entire Lionel Barrymore Arsene Lupin here. MGM plans to stream stuff from its library on Youtube and Google, so maybe you can pester 'em for an official one.

Also, Luis noted a new Lupin Facebook page.

Edit 2: Official TMS upload of A Woman Named Fujiko's ending.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #338 on: April 22, 2012, 06:12:30 pm »
Still can't say I'm to happy with the animation chosen for the ED. But whatever =/

Dots Salchow

• Actually Dots Salchow
  • Part of the Gang
  • That's Dots to you!
    • Tumblr blog
« Reply #339 on: April 28, 2012, 06:11:50 am »
On ANN's latest Hey, Answerman!, "Hey, Answerfans!" talks about the winners and the stinkers of the Spring 2012 anime lineup. Lupin III: The Woman Named Fujiko Mine is mentioned a couple of times!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:15:59 am by geckogirl191 »
Often caught but never held for long, Lupin III brought the gentleman-thief into this century with his hi-tech antics and old-world charm.
~Helen McCarthy, 500 Manga Heroes & Villains

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #340 on: May 02, 2012, 12:44:20 am »
Wow, Lupin actually getting noticed and discussed? This is fantastic!

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #341 on: June 05, 2012, 11:16:52 pm »
This week's ANNCast has Monkey Punch-related anecdotes.

And Something Awful also has a thread dedicated to Fujiko.

Cinefamily linked a younger Miyazaki pic.

Via @k_gyorai, did MP tag Katsuhiro Otomo's wall?

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #342 on: June 13, 2012, 02:19:36 pm »
HA! That is the best derp face ever!

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #343 on: June 24, 2012, 03:31:01 am »
Another Inspector Gadget mash-up. Interview with the Italian voice of Lupin. Ukulele cover. Another lounge cover. If you missed it, someone re-uploaded the S-Famicom intro. Another orchestra cover. Ichiro Mizuki singing a Lupin song. Arashi does Lupin. Starsky and Hutch with Lupin music:o

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #344 on: June 24, 2012, 11:08:55 am »
Another Inspector Gadget mash-up. Interview with the Italian voice of Lupin. Ukulele cover. Another lounge cover. If you missed it, someone re-uploaded the S-Famicom intro. Another orchestra cover. Ichiro Mizuki singing a Lupin song. Arashi does Lupin. Starsky and Hutch with Lupin music:o

Love the Zenigata/Gadget video. Someone had said when they first saw a trailer for "Twilight Gemini" they thought it was a rip-off of Inspector Gadget or something like that, so they lost interest in Lupin for a while.

Starsky and Hutch is from the late 70s right, so the Lupin music fits perfectly. Anything like that from the 70s or late 60s is great mash-up material for Lupin music.  ;D 8)