Author Topic: Lupin the Links!  (Read 281441 times)

FilmmakerJ

Re: Lupin the Links!
« Reply #360 on: August 15, 2012, 05:49:38 pm »
For the lucky Americans you have the opportunity to legally stream Part II of the TV series on HULU!

http://www.hulu.com/lupin-the-third-part-2

6 episodes so far

Someone (Discotek?) have the license maybe (DVD release in the future)?

I live in Canada so I can't tell if it's subbed or dubbed. Trying to force my way in using a proxy. :D

Jackson_H, you NEED to put this news in it's own thread on the forums, no one is going to catch this historic event if you don't advertise it.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2012, 05:37:38 pm »
So, I hear the Wachowskis might be Lupin fans.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:37:53 pm by GATSU »

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #362 on: September 06, 2012, 10:35:44 pm »
So, I hear the Wachowskis might be Lupin fans.

I don't know how they couldn't be both Bebop and Lupin fans. ;D It's kind of all tied in together; or at least it feels like it should be.

Those guys were old school anime fans back in the original anime boom of the late 80s and early 90s, so they probably came across the old Streamline Lupin VHS tapes.

I never sensed any sort of Lupin influence in "The Matrix," nothing really obvious (unlike the many references I've seen to Cagliostro in some Steven Spielberg related films); but I wouldn't doubt they've seen at least one of the films.

lupinIIImusic

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #363 on: September 09, 2012, 06:16:10 pm »
http://lupinwithoutcommentary.tumblr.com/

Don't know about you guys, but I find this hilarious. Just thought I'd share.  ;D

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #364 on: September 09, 2012, 08:01:59 pm »
http://lupinwithoutcommentary.tumblr.com/

Don't know about you guys, but I find this hilarious. Just thought I'd share.  ;D

That is awesome man. Great find. Whoever made this should be part of this forum; you know, if they aren't already.

FlippytheMaster

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #365 on: September 15, 2012, 12:47:10 pm »
I don't know if this is deserving of another thread or not, but Discotek has confirmed on their Facebook page that they're going to "release as much Lupin as possible in the future".
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=501054199923679&id=147168055312297&notif_t=feed_comment_reply
So great news! They've even said that more Lupin is currently in the works, probably in their next batch of announcements after the one that's upcoming!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:47:48 pm by FlippytheMaster »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #366 on: October 29, 2012, 03:56:10 am »
Yeah, they'll let us know when they're ready to announce new ones, as usual.  8) At this point, though, part of me is wondering if any Lupin Gang vets are running the company.  ;D

Update: Close-up of that Lupin/Haywire Koike banner here courtesy of @honnyaku_blog.

Update 2: @Aicnanime spotted a lounge version of the Lupin theme song.

Update 3: Helen McCarthy has an article comparing Bond to Lupin and Golgo.

Update 4: Slacker Writer forwarded me this-what we presume to be-NSFW Monkey Punch animated opening to the Japanese release of Jackie Chan's Fearless Hyena. [Called Crazy Monkey in Japan.]

SolHerald

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #367 on: October 30, 2012, 12:18:07 am »
Lupin III Opening with DBZ characters. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17635642

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #368 on: November 02, 2012, 06:09:10 am »
Cagliostro got a new write-up at Den of Geek.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #370 on: November 26, 2012, 05:17:58 am »
@Carouselcarouse recorded a fan commentary for the first ep of Fujiko. Thanks to @ABCBtom for the link.

Edit: @LeSeanThomas managed to score some Koike Fujiko model sheets.

aalong64

« Reply #371 on: December 09, 2012, 08:27:52 am »
I was a guest this week on the anime podcast "Dynamite in the Brain" where the main topic was the 2002 special, First Contact. Here's the link:

http://www.dynamiteinthebrain.com/episode-71-lupin-iii-episode-0-first-contact/

It's not the first time they've discussed Lupin on the show, either. They previously did an episode on Cagliostro, and on The Last Job. It's a really fun show, so check it out!

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #372 on: December 09, 2012, 08:06:58 pm »
Always up for some new Lupin-related audio - thanks!

Dots Salchow

• Actually Dots Salchow
  • Part of the Gang
  • That's Dots to you!
    • Tumblr blog
« Reply #373 on: December 10, 2012, 08:59:32 am »
"New Wuthering Heights" from Lupin III: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine reaches #3 on JesuOtaku's Top 20 Anime Opening Themes of 2012 (on the part 2 video, skip ahead to the 10-minute mark).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:02:04 am by geckogirl191 »
Often caught but never held for long, Lupin III brought the gentleman-thief into this century with his hi-tech antics and old-world charm.
~Helen McCarthy, 500 Manga Heroes & Villains

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #374 on: February 08, 2013, 05:21:38 am »
@aicnanime and @otaku_usa linked this article from Daryl Surat on which Lupin to watch next.

Edit: @abcbtom and @amaincharacter linked this ranking list of '012 anime which didn't suck, and Fujiko is at the top.

Edit 2: @aicnanime linked a sweet red jacket cosplayer pic from Comiket.

Edit 3: Italian intro to Walther. Also, some JP cosplay action.

Edit 4: This isn't terribly important, but David Hayter mentioned Lupin in his Twitter profile.

Edit 5: Grumpy Jii-san reviewed the Geneon Lupin. Actually, he's got five Lupin items so far.

Edit 6: Lupin red jacket intro as re-imagined by the Kikkoman guy.

Edit 7: Lot of Fujiko AMVs tonight. Probably should add that a lot of those clips are NSFW. Fujiko meets Green Day. Fujiko the Eurobeat. Fujiko is That Girl. Hey, Fujiko, Are You Gonna Be My Girl? So I guess the key to Fujiko's Heart is through her bank account?  ;) Fujiko is a real Lady Gaga? This one's a quickie. Keep on dancin', even in truncated form, I guess. Fly me to Fujiko's moons:P Fujiko says hey to Leonardo. Nobody does it like Fujiko. Fujiko can be a real bitch and a mean girl sometimes. You need a Wake Up Call, Fujiko. My Sharona can't compete with Fujiko. Never heard this song. Fujiko gets a little Jesus by way of Gackt in her life. Oh, and just to go back for a sec, Lupin by way of Bon Jovi. Plus, some omake in the form of an AMV featuring the Ishikawa Goemon from Bobobo.

Edit 8: Return of the beardless Miyazaki.