Author Topic: Who are you, Guy? or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Some ???'s  (Read 25893 times)

RobertTheGamer

• A Lupin fan from that land of Fosters and Bruces.
  • Part of the Gang
    • RobertTheGamer
Re: Who are you, Guy? or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Some ???'s
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2013, 05:30:54 am »
What's your name, pal: Robert

What do you do for the $$$: That's a secret.

Where do you live: Australia

Any pets: Sadly none  :'(

The one thing you like most: Video games

The one thing you dislike most: Cocky teenagers vandlising my workplace.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Inspiration taken from Western films and TV.

Other anime you got the jones for: Full Metal Panic, Evangelion, Studio Ghibli, Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon.

Thing you hate about anime: Moe girls, panty shots and fans who dog an English dub regardless of whether it's good or not.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Scandinavian women.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: Scandinavian women and big T-Bone Steaks.

Sexual orientation: Straight

Allergies: None

Anything else you'd like to mention: My dream is to open a Comic book store that doesn't smell like cigarette smoke in the main city area.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:35:21 am by RobertTheGamer »
"A stranger, is just a friend you haven't exploited yet" - Bob Monkhouse

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2013, 03:35:39 pm »
What's your name, pal: Jonathan, but you can call me John too.  ;D

What do you do for the $$$: I don't do anything yet, but I'm hoping to make money both directing Motion Pictures, doing Voice Acting part-time; and doing some freelance artwork, like title cards and banners and portraits and such.

Where do you live: North-west Georgia, US.

Any pets: 3 cats. They are the sweetest little things in the world. They love and adore us and we them. I will never understand why there is this preconception that dogs are always nice and cats are always lazy jerks who don't care about you.

The one thing you like most: Well, I guess that'd have to be beautiful women. Nothing perverted mind you, but I think the one thing that makes me more happy and content than anything in the entire world is the warm smile of a beautiful woman.

But as for something more conventional, the 2nd thing I love most is beautiful scenery and landscapes like those you find in New Zealand. And my 3rd thing I like most is Smooth Jazz. If you had asked me what is the one thing I couldn't live without, it'd have to be music.

The one thing you dislike most: Annoying people/loud unruly noises.

I have abnormally good hearing, which is one of the reasons why I can pick up on people's voices and vocal manerisms so well to perform my Voice Impressions. But the major draw-back of that is that sounds hurt me a lot more than they do other people, and it's also difficult to hear people in a crowded room full of other talking people. So loud noises and people who scream and holler a lot just for the heck of it really ticks me off; and actually harms me a little.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Well I'm sorry, but I can limit it to one thing, but I can limit it to 2 things, other than "The Castle of Cagliostro."

#1. at the moment, the coolest song for or related to Lupin the 3rd that I have heard to date is the Rap song made by SEAMO (I think). That song is so epically awesome that I swear there should be a super amazing music video made to go along with it, unless there already is. If not, I'd love to make it.

#2. and my 2nd favorite Lupin thing, is my Storyboards for the Castle of Cagliostro. I mean, I found the damn thing at EPCOT Center in Disney world. How could I have ever predicted I would find anything Lupin related there. It's so crazy. :o

Thing you hate about anime: Personally, I don't really hate anything about anime. I don't mind bad voice acting because it's often hilarious to listen to. And I only hate panty shots half the time, especially when the show in question is constantly showing them. But when panty shots are used sparingly, I don't know, I just find it cute and funny. Which is what it was supposed to be.

So I don't really hate much. At least I can't think of anything I hate terribly. Maybe I'll remember it later.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your pastime be: Well frankly my pastime is not Lupin Lupin Lupin, all day every day. Though it does serve a good chunk of my media consumption. I suppose I would be incomplete without "The Castle of Cagliostro," because that is the one movie I can definitively say is my most favorite.

But if I didn't have Lupin or my family weren't in my life, I'd pretty much be dead. I mean why would you even ask me what would I do if my family weren't in my life? I can understand the Lupin part, but who could ever live without their family (at least) during the earlier part of their lives?

I don't know, I guess I can't really answer this question. lol :P

Allergies: form of Antibiotics

Anything else you'd like to mention: If I have ever come off as stubborn, egocentric, a jerk, or a know-it-all; I humbly apologize for anything I have said that gave you that impression.  :-[

After being on this forum as long as I have, I find it increasingly very annoying that my words can never fully come across the way I'd like them to because I can't actually speak to any of you. I'm really a very pleasant guy to be around. I'm generally quiet in person, and I don't like to get into fights, verbal or physical; but I do enjoy a good discussion or debate. I can also certainly admit when I'm wrong or generally uninformed about something, as you've probably seen. At least when I've been shown that I'm wrong and I learn what's actually right, then I won't be wrong the next time. ;)

So I would just like to say thanks for letting me be part of this forum and for letting me contribute what I have. I want to be a bigger part of the fandom if at all possible in any way I can, and I want to get to know the rest of you more as we continue on through the year and following years. :)

Sincerely,
Jonathan (aka FilmmakerJ) 8)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:38:49 pm by FilmmakerJ »

trolltyg

• Part of the Gang
What's your name, pal: Emil

What do you do for the $$$: Collect Movies, Videogames, Cars and Motorcycles

Where do you live: Sweden

Any pets: Nope

The one thing you like most: My Wife

The one thing you dislike most: Dont really know

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: The Cultural references taking place all over the world and of course the attention to detail of real world stuff (The CARS :D )

Other anime you got the jones for: Berserk, Studio Ghibli, Cowboy Bebop, Dagger of Kamui, Ghost in the shell, Cutie Honey

Thing you hate about anime: how 90% of all anime today feels like the same school girl thingy

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Vehicles

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: Roadtrip around the world

Anything else you'd like to mention: I do draw alot

Gyt_Kaliba

• Green Jacket Pops
  • Part of the Gang
  • Lupin fought the law, and the law won!
    • I"s: Reaching for a Dream
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2014, 01:00:14 pm »
Well...I realize this thread hasn't been posted in in a while, but since it's stickied and all and seems like a good way to give more info about myself up front, I guess it can't hurt, right?

What's your name, pal: The name's Bond. James Bo - okay, not really. Name's Eric, but you guys can call me Gyt. Not like I go by my real name online a whole lot anyway really. Even friends I've known for years tend to refer to me by 'Gyt' more often than not.

What do you do for the $$$: Currently I work at a hotel. The same hotel I've worked at for the past...oh god, going on six years now. Someone should put me out of my misery (or at least try to. If you're rich, come hit me with your car!)

Where do you live: Arkansas. AKA the land that technology/sophistication forgot. Don't get me wrong, I like some things about the country, but there's a reason I spend way too much time online...

Any pets: At the moment, no. My girlfriend has a bunch though, so whenever we get married I'm gonna be swarmed by da animals.

The one thing you like most: Hmm...it feels like cheating to say my best friend/girlfriend since that's already been answered a few times, but it's true. If I had to pick something else so as not to cop out though...pizza. Mmm. Pizza.

The one thing you dislike most: That's a toughie. Lots of social things like bigotry, racism, etc. really grinds my gears, but if I had to roll all that up into one thing...people that don't let others just live the way they want to, without judging them. That whole 'judgment' mentality I greatly dislike.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Hmm...the characters, namely their interaction. Even in an episode or a special that I'm not particularly crazy about, I can always count on enjoying the way the core cast interacts with each other and their surroundings. It's not always used to it's greatest effect, but it's always there, and that's what I love about this franchise.

Other anime you got the jones for: Now you're just opening the floodgates. WAAAAAYYYY too many to list outright. Some core favorites off the top of my head though (and this would also be including manga)...Dragon Ball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist, Rurouni Kenshin, I"s, Video Girl Ai, Zetman (anything by Masakazu Katsura, really), and Digimon.

Thing you hate about anime: The fandom at large can be a pretty ugly thing to behold. If someone's not judging you for liking a dub, they're discrediting you for the show or genre you like to begin with. It's insanity. My only small comfort is the fact that not EVERYONE is like that, and that I've learned from time in some non-anime fandoms that this is just how fandoms are, anime or otherwise.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Entertainment in general, to me entertainment is life, really. If I like a story, I'll take it however I can get it, be it in anime or manga form, or if it's a movie, or a TV show, or a book. I really love to read and write though, and my pipe dream is to eventually finish writing some of my original story ideas and become a published author. Oh, and since this seems like as good a place to mention it as any, my chief fandoms outside of anime and manga would be TMNT and Animorphs.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: ...This probably seems weird to say, but honestly, I think it'd be roughly the same (without Lupin, I mean). I love Lupin, it's one of the 'pillars' of my fandom as it were...but really, it's not like it's changed my life or anything. Given me a few story ideas, but beyond that, I'd still be doing what I'm doing anyway, which is being a nerd into way too many things for my budget to ever let me keep up with it all. If my family/friends weren't in my life though? I'd go mad, especially on the friend's side.

Gender: Last time I checked, I are a dude. Been a bit though, so one sec - ...yup. Still a dude. Not 'The Dude' though. I'm not that cool.

Sexual orientation: Straight, but I'm a big defender of equal rights for everyone.

Allergies: Well, I was allergic to orange juice when I was a kid, and I never really cared for it enough to see if I grew out of that or not. Also used to be lactos intolerant, but that thankfully went away.

Anything else you'd like to mention: Hmm...nothing comes to mind at the moment, I think it's all already been mentioned. Anything else you wanna know, just shoot me a question!
My Fanfiction
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2014, 05:35:56 am »
What's your name, pal: Guillaume. You can call me Will or RD. I go by many names. ;)

What do you do for the $$$: Currently, I'm a student at University some I'm pretty much broke but I do some part-time jobs like home teaching for children, reading tales at holiday parties or translation work for professionals.

Where do you live: In Switzerland.

Any pets: Used to have a cat. Died years ago. Poor fellow.

The one thing you like most: The joy and surprises life can put on my path. :D

The one thing you dislike most: Intolerance. Suffered from it my whole life.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: The wacky graphic style of Monkey Punch.

Other anime you got the jones for: Detective Conan, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Bakemonogatari and others
I don't remember the title.

Thing you hate about anime: The current uniformity of the industry and the need to please otakus.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: Drawing, singing, acting. Pretty much like now actually. :)

Anything else you'd like to mention:
I am usually a very mild-mannered person, not prone to go into a fight. I consider myself a dandy and an outsider. Still, I suffer from extreme lack of organization in my life and I'm pretty lonely despite having more and more good friends that keep me sane.

I do many artistic activities and I find myself conflicted between the need to get a diploma and my hobbies.

I like to listen to people's problems and help them when I can.
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

SweLupan

• Part of the Gang
  • Nu ska vi allt sno lite guld eller annat fint.
What's your name, you beautiful thing: You can call me Wade ;3

What do you do for the $$$: Working on that...

Where do you live: On the lost continent, where snow is a part of our diet and there are more trees then humans. That's right, Sweden.

Any pets: Yessiree bob, my fluffy cat, Lupin
(click to show/hide)

The one thing you like most: Food.. and dressing up as Lupin :D

The one thing you dislike most: Crazy people. Not "Ha ha" crazy, but "I don't know what feelings are" crazy... *shivers*

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Other then the animations... The music and the two toys I have <3

Other anime you got the jones for: Space Pirate Captain Harlock :D

Thing you hate about anime: Ouh... That's a hard one That some get super hyped and like a billion ppl cosplay them?
Naw that's not true.. But the hype thing is true, not the cosplay one.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Random and odd facts, history and small things that go "Ting"

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: Panting, working out.. crying in a corner.

Sexual orientation: Idunno *shrugs*

Allergies: Regular grass.. my sin goes ballistic if it touches it Q_Q

Anything else you'd like to mention: I think Lupin and the gang has stolen that missing plane, since it was really filled with gold or something.

Sweet or Sour:... Owl.

willhnsly

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2015, 12:30:11 am »
What's your name, pal: Will

What do you do for the $$$: Boss kids around at a movie theater

Where do you live: Kentucky. In the part with buildings and concrete, not coal mines and hollers.

Any pets: I don't have any pets personally, but I do take care of my sister's cat and my friend's dogs from time to time.

The one thing you like most: a good story

The one thing you dislike most: Hot humid weather, and Quinoa. I can't stand quinoa, It makes me feel like I'm eating unhatched tadpoles.

Fav Lupin anything? Just about any Lupin product from the 60s or 70s is pretty cool to me. I love the espionage and criminal elements.  I also like anytime you get to see one of his secret gizmos, this is especially entertaining in the manga.

Other anime you got the jones for: Astro Boy and Mazinger Z for sure (I love my robots). Add to that list: Robot Carnival, Akira, Miyazaki's filmography, FLCL and Space Dandy

Thing you hate about anime: The stigma attached to being a fan of anime. People love to jump to conclusions and assume any fan is a straight up otaku, and that's unfortunately the public perception of the industry's fanbase.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: I really enjoy drawing silly cartoony pictures and reading comics of all varieties.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: I'd be putting out a lot more content, If I had all the time in the world I'd love nothing better than to make one of the most painstakingly detailed stop motion films I could ever imagine.

Allergies: uhh, ragweed?

Anything else you'd like to mention: I like all sorts of movies. Good movies, bad movies, cheesy movies, comic book movies, monster movies, foreign movies, cult movies; Doesn't matter, so long as I'm entertained, I'm in.

Sweet or Sour: chicken?

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
What's your name, pal: Well, my Middle name is Rhys (see username) so there you got one name. Names are power, I shall not yield more.

What do you do for the $$$: Extort the elderly.

Where do you live: Iowa, not exactly in the middle of a corn field, but close.

Any pets: Nope, I had a fish once, it died.

The one thing you like most: Breathing.

The one thing you dislike most: Not breathing?

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: The "feel" of it all.

Other anime you got the jones for: Baccano!, Steins;Gate, Fairy Tail.

Thing you hate about anime: Wanting to show family awesome series but deciding against it because of fanservice.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Hellboy Comics and the Dresden Files books.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: Anime still XD.

Sexual orientation: Straight as an arrow.

Allergies: Cats, and some type of weed

Anything else you'd like to mention:I've been 4' 10" since I was 14 and the lenses in my glasses are about 10 mm thick

Sweet or Sour: Apple Vinegar <3

SurrealBrain

• Part of the Gang
  • Hello there!
What's your name, pal: Online, that's a secret to all but my most trusted of friends.

What do you do for the $$$: Work in a canning factory, doing whatever needs doing

Where do you live: Michigan.

Any pets: Cat and dog

The one thing you like most: Amitie from the Puyo Puyo series. I adore her, hence my avatar.

The one thing you dislike most: There's a lot to dislike, but if I could only pick one...assholes who harm people.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Lupin's quirky personality.

Other anime you got the jones for: Azumanga Daioh, Dragon Ball.

Thing you hate about anime: Filler, story arcs that take forever to finish.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Comic books, video games.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: Same as it is now, I guess.

Sexual orientation: I'm not entirely sure, actually. I just don't think of it too much, since I don't want to be in a relationship.

Allergies: Can't recall.

Anything else you'd like to mention: No, not really.

Sweet or Sour: Yes.