Author Topic: Who are you, Guy? or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Some ???'s  (Read 28039 times)

blackcoated

• [Member]
  • the world is mine
Re: Who are you, Guy? or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Some ???'s
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 03:26:26 am »
What's your name?:  you can call me mr weber

Cash, check, or plastic?:cash and plastic plz,scrooge mc duck amounts of em plz

Place of residence?: at the frontier of  usa and mexico tijuana,one of the supposedly most dangerous cities of mexico
Any Pets?: not now,i wish i had a dog though.

The one thing you like most:  Freedom.from everything,censorship religion whatever

The one thing you dislike most: people who  administrate at forums  ;D im joking,all kinds oc censorship and control that  make peoples life more miserable,meaning,the uncontrolled capitalism united with some kind of dicatorship(im looking at you kid and you wall street)

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing:i guess the theme(was i speaking of the themes of fun or action or the music itself oh  ambiguosity)

Other anime you enjoy: Cowboy Bebop, Gunsmith Cats,  Battle Angel alita, Ghost in the Shell,code geass,battle royale.  The list could go on and on.

Thing you hate about anime:shitty endings,japanese sure know how to get you excited about the travel but when  you get to the finish line it always lacks force that and horrible cute handsome boys of clamp and   lucky star like designs(it was a miracle that i liked code geass)

Interests and hobbies: Writing, drawing, , listening to music, reading, videogames

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be:watch more anime or play more videogames

Sexual orientation:straight though sometimes i do think what would happen if i liked another guy of course this would be a miracle

Allergies: Pennicillin,supper ubber geeky people that look like cliches ,mayyonaise and wet socks,(if u put watered mayonnaise in my socks,i am going to go all zenigata on you,and make you wish that even your ancestors werent born)
Anything else you'd like to mention:Life is but a dream,where dreams end reality begins,and the two of the most beautiful things of this world are: cute women and music

Sweet or Sour: Sour and sweet,like a mexican coke, at first i can be hostile when i meet you but then i may be sweet and gentle

http://www.myspace.com/weberwound
my 1st uploaded and made by me video on youtube maybe ill do areview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVIu3Jssf7A&feature=channel_page

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 03:05:00 am »
What's your name, pal: Mike Lepore...No, it's NOT French =P

What do you do for the $$$:
I work Part-Time as a Cashier at an A&P (A Grocery Store). Can't really complain. It's an easy job. Just boring as hell, lol.

Where do you live: New Jersey

Any pets: Five. 4 Dogs (A Black Lab, Yellow Lab, Golden Retriever, & Maltese) and 1 cat...IT'S A ZOO!!!

The one thing you like most: THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, MICHELLE!!!

The one thing you dislike most: Anyone who hurts my Michelle.

Fav Lupin anything?: Simply put, the characters. Their personality. The way they interact. Their unique-ness. Everything about them.

Other anime you got the jones for: DragonBall, One Piece, Fruits Basket, & Dr. Slump.

Thing you hate about anime:
Most Online communities. I'm pleased to say that this Message Board is a refreshing exception. But most Anime Forums are full of annoying, egotistical, shit-heads who are just itching for a fight. Seriously, everything has to be a fight and no one respects other peoples opinions. The worst of the worst come out of the wood work simply because the internet is faceless.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Well, this is still sort of related to Anime. But I enjoy making this DragonBall parody series called "Alternate Reality DragonBall Z" that I've been doing since December 2006.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: Well, other Anime and Manga of course. But if I never got into any Anime/Manga period. I guess Sports. I'm a big NFL fan. But I'd likely get into other sports too if I wasn't into Anime/Manga.

Sexual orientation: Straight.

Allergies: LOL, strange question. But I guess just your typical Spring Time Allergies. Ya know, pollen and what not. Oh, and I can't eat Raw apples or my lips swell up >_>. Not too bad. It's not dangerous or anything. Just annoying.

Anything else you'd like to mention: I've been a dedicated fan of Lupin for almost 5 years now. I realize that that's nothing compared to guys like Reed and Luis but none the less, just like them I want to do my part to contribute to the Lupin community. I remember when I first became a fan there was a Lupin Forum called "Thieves in Paradise", but that Forum shut down. Luckily, this one popped up shortly after and I found my way to it. Like I mentioned above, I hate most Online Anime communities. But this Forum, and, well, the Lupin Fanbase in general has always been an elite one in my mind. We can have debates without it turning into a Flame War. Which cast someone prefers or which version they watch makes no difference to us. I think we can all agree. Whether you like Yamada, Oliver, Strait, or any other. We're all Lupin fans. So many Fanbases lose sight of that in their silly squabbles over Japanese Vs. English. That is why I say the Lupin Fanbase is elite.

Sweet or Sour: I love Sour things. Especially candy =)

blackcoated

• [Member]
  • the world is mine
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 02:58:37 am »

Thing you hate about anime: [/b]Most Online communities. I'm pleased to say that this Message Board is a refreshing exception. But most Anime Forums are full of annoying, egotistical, shit-heads who are just itching for a fight. Seriously, everything has to be a fight and no one respects other peoples opinions. The worst of the worst come out of the wood work simply because the internet is faceless.

This is so true,but usually thos eother forums discuss about something besides anime and manga and they got random nonsensical timewasting spam areaas

http://www.myspace.com/weberwound
my 1st uploaded and made by me video on youtube maybe ill do areview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVIu3Jssf7A&feature=channel_page

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 01:58:51 pm »
Yeah, but it's the Anime that causes the fighting. Who's stronger? Which Voice is better? Just flame war after flame war over the exact same stuff.

Ersatz

• [Member]
  • *mwah*
    • Taffy Typings
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 07:36:45 am »
What's your name, pal:
Rhian Evans. No middle name – parents evidently didn’t want to upset the balance of bland.

What do you do for the $$$:
Was gainfully employed for several Hellish years, now a full-time student mooching off the charity of others.

Where do you live:
The land of Dylan Thomas, red dragons, and unpronounceable place-names, aka Wales. Howl of Moving Castle fame was Welsh, y’know. In the book, anyway. Wonder if that’s why they cast Welshie Christian Bale to dub him in the film…huh, never thought of that before.

Any pets:
Two squirrel-obsessive West Highland Whites. I dream of owning an Axolotl. And a pig. And a goat.

The one thing you like most:
The natural world, which clashes a little with my love of shiny things.

The one thing you dislike most:
The idea I should be automatically obsessed with popping out sprogs because I have chesticles.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing:
The characters – they’re a perfect blend.

Other anime you got the jones for:
Lupin III fulfils all my anime needs.

Thing you hate about anime:
Hate’s a strong word, man. Can’t we all just, like, get along?

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank:
Classic horror like Evil Dead II and The Thing –Saw, Hostel and all that ‘gorn’ shite can eff off. Animal welfare and behaviour, insects, red wine, olives, my delightful Other Half (not neccesarily in that order!).

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be:
Gleefully chasing every insect that crossed my path.

Sexual orientation:
That one condoned by society, a shame as society often pisses me off and I’d like to return the favour.

Allergies:
Pretty hardy, me, though I did hallucinate on antibiotics once. Yowza, that was an experience.

Anything else you'd like to mention:
Did you know Platypus have poisonous spurs?

Sweet or Sour:
Sweet, then sour (raaawr).

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
What's your name, pal: Andie D.

What do you do for the $$$: Between jobs right now

Where do you live: Back in my hometown, Shawinigan-Sud, QC, Canada

Any pets: Yep, a cat, Nietzsche (the vets all go WTF?)

The one thing you like most: Movies

The one thing you dislike most: Religion

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Jigen, what a babe!

Other anime you got the jones for: Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Cromartie High School, Akira (fav animated flick) and many other films

Thing you hate about anime: Cutsyness with no plot and being reduced to things like Pokémon by the non-connaisseurs!

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Watching movies, drawing and wasting way too much time on the internet!

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: I'd draw a lot more!

Sexual orientation: 90% straight

Allergies: Nothing, luckily!

Anything else you'd like to mention: I love answering stuff!!

Sweet or Sour: Sour I guess, what does that make me? A bitch? ;)

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

BetweentheWorlds

• [Member]
  • (Insert Theme Song Here)
What's your name, pal: Got a thing about keeping my secret identity; just call me BtW. XD (Get it…cuz it’s my username but it also means “By the Way”. HA! I didn’t realize that before!) :D

What do you do for the $$$: Well right now I’m a college student who works hard to clean their parents house and cook the food and make sure to feed the pets in order to keep room and board free as well as my college tuition.

Where do you live: Washington State. West side to be exact.

Any pets: Two. A cat and a dog. The cat is an old Spock/Goemon-like girl who seems to despise the ever-lovin’ heck out of the loud and extremely hyper McCoy/Lupin Toy-Fox Terrier-Puppy. At least they’re not board when the family has to go out for the day.

The one thing you like most: My iPod. My escape into a world in which any song becomes part of the soundtrack to my imagination. Good music means everything and when there’s a good song, don’t bother me, less you interrupt my day-dream and unleash the horror of Venti-Sized proportions.

The one thing you dislike most: Just one? Let me think….Ummm…I tend to dislike the mundane and almost boring life I live. Yes I know I have a good life but don’t you ever wish for something INTERESTING to happen? Just once? :( :-[

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Just one? Seriously? I don’t think I could narrow it down to just one thing.

Other anime you got the jones for: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is good. I also like Digimon (the first and second season; none of that third and forth series junk) and I’m a real Sailor Moon fan. I’ve even got an old Sailor Moon doll that speaks…In ITALIAN! (Yes, I was in Italy when I got it. I lived there.)

Thing you hate about anime:  I’ve actually got two things. The first are the really obsessive fans who dress up like the characters and do horrible jobs impersonating them. Or even worse; wear their costumes in broad daylight to work or school and take really lame obviously posed pictures of themselves. (But a good, not-over-the-top-staged pose is good with me) The second thing is the constant bickering between the Dubs and Subs. In my opinion, we all have an opinion and that’s the way we like it. We shouldn’t have to “conform” to anything we don’t want to. (Sometimes it seriously sounds like the friggin’ Republicans and Democrats arguing about Abortion.  >:(Grumbles) (BTW: Kind of wish we had a Jigen emoticon right now.)

Aside from the ol' Asian pictures, what turns your crank: “Turns Your Crank”, I don’t think I know that phrase but I think it means “What do you like”? Ummm…I don’t really know. I like mystery stories and puzzles. But other than that I can’t say that I have much else. I’ve been an Anime fan since I was three years old.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your pastime be: Writing. I write to escape and place myself in a more interesting and less predictable life. I write for a hobby.

Gender: Don’t you wish these keyboards had one of those little gender symbols sometimes? Female.

Sexual orientation: I don’t really have a preference. I see myself never getting married and having the world at my feet; no kids, no husband or anyone else to tie me down.

Allergies: Not quite sure right now. But when ever spring comes I’m feeling bad and I know it’s not pollen.

Anything else you'd like to mention: Well kind of. I’m a writer by hobby (as said above) but in my spare time I watch Anime. Lately I’ve been searching the internet and trying to find any kind of information on anything Lupin-related. I hope that this site has what I’m looking for. If not, then I’ll have to figure out what to do here…Hmmm…

Sweet or Sour: Sour. Love it!
Without the possibility of failure there can be no success.

Aegievs

• [Member]
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 02:04:27 am »
(If anyone doesn't mind, going to give this a try)

What's your name, pal: Chris (if you are curious about the last name, get to know me better first or pay-up! :p )

What do you do for the $$$: Returned to school recently, already hold a degree. Work part-time for an afterschool program teaching sports & various academic subjects.

Where do you live: Los Angeles, California

Any pets: None. Don't plan to either.

The one thing you like most: Good question...hmm... a woman with a nice smile :)

The one thing you dislike most: Just one? Assholes lol They ruin the fun!

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: The seemingly never-ending adventure.

Thing you hate about anime: Two things. Definitely cosplayers. Never understood the idea and sometimes seeing them wander about randomly for the sake of being "seen" just makes my eyes roll. Second has to be the many that complain about the lack of english subtitles. Many youtube links of anime material almost cannot escape the usual lame comments of "(insert whiny-cry-for-english-subtitles)." Maybe just take the time to learn Japanese? No need for anime to be persecuted for it lol

Aside from the ol' Asian pictures, what turns your crank: I have interest in many things. So a few cranks so to speak. Sports, culture, food, books, vinyl records collecting, coffee shop discussions, and gaming. (I game only on PS3 & PSP)

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your pastime be: CEO of my own company. Working one day a week and traveling several times a year.

Sexual orientation: Straight.

Allergies: Negative.

Anything else you'd like to mention: Don't be shy. I'm a people person ;D

Sweet or Sour: Sweet :)

MsNydroj

• [Member]
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2010, 04:50:10 pm »
What's your name, you beautiful thing: Jordyn Cheslock. I know, it’s a boring name lol.

What do you do for the $$$: Um…well, I’m going to college full-time so my parents are paying for everything. Yes, I’m a spoiled and lucky child, I know.

Where do you live: Washington, the state I've lived in for all of my life. So much rain, not that I'm complaining. In an apartment near the community college I go to. Just a 5-7 minute drive. During the holidays I stay with my family who live 2 hours away.

Any pets: My parents have two cats. They have a calico named Pumpkin and a black cat named Talouse (sp?) Yeah, my little sister named him after one of the cats in Aristocats…who was orange lol. As for me though, I WISH I had a pet at my apartment but alas, I can’t.

The one thing you like most: Other than Lupin III, Jazz music and singing it, definitely. I love Ella Fitzgerald and Armstrong baby!

The one thing you dislike most: Complete and total assholes that are the scum of the earth…yeah.

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: The characters and their interactions with one another. Funniness always ensues when the dialogue is written well in Lupin.

Other anime you got the jones for: Cowboy Bebop, Baccano!, Trigun, Hetalia: World Series, and others that I don’t remember right now.

Thing you hate about anime: Fan-girls who make yaoi pairings of characters that aren’t even yaoi to begin with, in my opinion. I don’t mind if the original creator of a series intended them to be together (Gravitation for example), but if it’s made up like SasuNaru (which I see a lot of nowadays) or even LupinxZenigata, I just have little tolerance for. Even characters like EdwardxMustang are put together when they both clearly like women! This goes for Lupin and Zenigata too! It just peeves me a little.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: RPG’s (I just re-beat Earthbound recently), Pixar movies, cooking(I made tempura recently), japanese (a littel bit), singing, listening to music, and rarely, I read.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your pass-time be: I’d probably get obsessed with something else. I don’t know what it would be, but it would be something hahaha.

Gender: (Looks at chest) Yep, I’m a Woman. (Seriously though, I AM a woman).

Sexual orientation: I’ve never dated anyone but I know I’m Straight.

Allergies: Hmm…my spring allergies (pollen) go off and on depending.

Anything else you'd like to mention: I’m autistic if that matters. I'm happy and content with my existence in this world, even if I'm different from everyone else around me. I'm happy not to fit in :). I tend to remember things like a computer, which comes in handy every now and then. For instance, I’m working on the "Love Theme" from Lupin and I’m singing it in English (aka: Stolen Moments). I’ve worked on it for two days, and I’ve already memorized the lyrics. Now I just need to get a Bass player and a Drummer. I did get a Guitar player and I gave him the sheet music for it. Once I get the other two, we’re gonna rock!
Oh! and remember, Fuzzy Pickles :)

Sweet or Sour: I’m pretty sweet for the most part. However, if you screw with me, I’ll be sour for a little bit, and then turn sweet again...This is how to answer the question right? lol.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 04:56:13 pm by MsNydroj »

Aegievs

• [Member]
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2010, 08:22:38 pm »
The one thing you like most: Other than Lupin III, Jazz music and singing it, definitely. I love Ella Fitzgerald and Armstrong baby!

Very nice. Appreciating the classics of jazz. I'm a huge jazz fan myself. Ella's voice is timeless.
RPG's too huh? Any other rpg games in particular?

Also noticed how popular Cowboy Bebop is to the faithful here. Another great, great anime.
Glad I found this website!

MsNydroj

• [Member]
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 02:30:29 am »

Very nice. Appreciating the classics of jazz. I'm a huge jazz fan myself. Ella's voice is timeless.
RPG's too huh? Any other rpg games in particular?

Also noticed how popular Cowboy Bebop is to the faithful here. Another great, great anime.
Glad I found this website!
When it comes to jazz, I'm really digging Yuji Ohno. My autistic-side really likes him right now lol. Not that I don't take the time to listen to other stuff.

As for RPG's, Well Chrono Trigger, I'm just started Mother 3, Oblivion (Both of my brothers broke my Xbox360 version. They are SOO getting me another one for Christmas lol), Dragon Quest VIII (I beat that one too story wise!), Dragon Quest games in general some titles I've missed due to not having a Playstation when I was a kid, Zelda starting with Link's Awakening for the GBC (When I was a kid, I was more of a handheld kind of person until Windwaker, the first console Zelda I beat...so many good memories :)), Fallout 3 (coming from the crowd "never played the others because she was too young" side), Breath of Fire 1 and 2, Golden Sun 1 and 2, and so many others.

When I was 18, I wanted to beat Zelda: Ocarina of Time as my goal before I graduated from high school. And I had never done it before. When I was a kid, the furthest I ever got was the Water Temple (Isn't always the freakin' Water Temple that's the hardest in Zelda games?) so it was a really cool experience to play through areas I had never been in before. To try and take in these characters and places for the first time ever. I feel bittersweet that now, after all these years I could finally do it. I freaked out at Gannon's Castle when the time-limit started, though I did get down my first time. I remember seeing Gannon transform into the very face of evil that comes from nightmares and saying to myself "...holy shit! I better get this right the first time!". When I finally beat the game, kicking the ass of Gannon and seeing that last cutscene, I felt like I completed my childhood in a way, going through the door to adulthood, but never quite shutting it. It was a great experience for me. Brought a lot of nostalgia that I missed out on. I might tell my older brother to play it again, because I completed the game by myself when he had a friend to help him lol.

Sorry that I went off topic lol. Just thought I'd share.

Aegievs

• [Member]
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 12:09:45 am »
Not a problem, its ok :)

I actually sent you a lengthy reply through private message.

And Yuji Ohno is super.

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
What's your name, pal: Alvaro Martinez

What do you do for the $$$:  I´m still studying, so... But I hope to be a comic artist in the future, apart from being a spanish teacher.

Where do you live: In the strech line that keeps Spain and France separated.

Any pets: One fish. The classical orange fish, btw.

The one thing you like most: Kindness.

The one thing you dislike most: Freddy vs. Jason, ( facepalm ). Its a fact that I like bad movies, but that was... Anyway, if film director James Wong had seen the fight scene between J and Freddy, maybe he could have made a good Dragon Ball live action adaptation ;D

Fav Lupin anything? Please limit to one thing: Great character quality. All of their personalities created an archetype on posterior manga works.

Other anime you got the jones for: Cowboy Bebop, Space Adventure Cobra, City Hunter, Golgo 13, Higurashi No Naku koro Ni, Lucky Star, One Piece, anything related to Haruhi Suzumiya, Steins;Gate ( my favourite ), and etc. etc. etc...

Thing you hate about anime: Too many perversion.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank: Watching films, writting, reading and drawing ^^.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be: hard to know... must think of that.

Gender: I think this had to be the second question  :P. Male.

Sexual orientation:  Straight.

Allergies: Nothing to mention here, thank God!

Anything else you'd like to mention:[/b]  Apart from Lupin, I love acting and roleplaying;( I´m playing Anima at the moment, very good role-game btw, I strongly recommend it ). As I mentioned before, I´d like to be a comic artist, so my main hobby is reading all I´ve got access to, and trying to learn as much as I can of all types of artists. Maybe I´m working too hard at that  :-\

Sweet or Sour: Sweet, I think...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 07:04:25 am by SSJ3_Goku345 »

taka

• Part of the Gang
  • lovely~
What's your name, pal:  Appropriately named.  Ms. Dietrich ain't got nothin' on me!

What do you do for the $$$:  Financial advisor/OL..it's very.  very.  dull.  I was a legal assistant prior and honestly preferred that.

Where do you live:   East coast for realz.  Livin in the ocean state!

Any pets: A miniature black panther (bombay cat) who is beyond evil.  He'd give Lupin a run for his money (he's put my car keys down the toilet, stolen $5 bills that never reappeared & will gladly take anything I put down for more than thirty seconds).

The one thing you like most :  .....money.  J/K (partially).  I love "retro" games, jazz music, walks on the beach and disgustingly enough, unnecessary designer make-up.

The one thing you dislike most:  Stupidity.  Mayonnaise.  Bad drivers.  Watery iced coffee.

Fav Lupin anything?  The green jacket series and the manga.  ....and vinyl records.  I totally cannot choose.

Other anime you got the jones for:  Maison Ikkoku (LOVE), Kimagure Orange Road, Dangaio (the original, unfinished one), Cowboy Bebop, Urusei Yatsura, Mazinger GOOOOOOOOO~ (lol) and the original Cutey Honey.  It's probably a bad thing I wanted to BE her when I was a kid.. ....yeah.

Thing you hate about anime:   The fans.  I'm sorry.  Nothing frightens me more than some 40 y/o dude dressing up as a 10 year old girl.  (That and recently, too much moe.)

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank:  I'm rather boring.  I like to read, especially history.  Anything Soviet Union/Russian Revolution or Korean War related, I. Love.  Some TV occasionally.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be:  Fashion and art.  My mother was a fashion designer and I hate myself for not perusing the same.  I also like to play tennis.

Sexual orientation:  It depends on how gorg the gal is. 

Allergies:   Seasonal and avocado/watermelon/apple makes my throat close.  ...and yet I eat it anyway.

Anything else you'd like to mention:   I love Lupin.  I'm a former bad girl settled into a dull working life.  It's fun to dream.

Sweet or Sour:  BOTH! <3

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
Where do you liveEast West coast for realz.  Livin in the ocean state! (I, too, live on an island)

Any pets: A miniature black panther (bombay cat) who is beyond evil.  ...will gladly take anything I put down for more than thirty seconds).

The one thing you like most :  .....money.  J/K (partially).  I love "retro" games, jazz music, walks on the beach and disgustingly enough, unnecessary designer make-up.

Fav Lupin anything?  The green jacket series and the manga.  ....and vinyl records.  I totally cannot choose.

Aside from the ol' asian pictures, what turns your crank:  I'm rather boring. awesome. I like to read, especially history.  Anything Soviet Union/Russian Revolution or Korean War related, I. Love.  Some TV occasionally.

If Lupin and family/friends weren't in your life, what would your passtime be:  Fashion and art.  My mother was father is a fashion designer
You are some sort of alternate universe me. It's sort of really creepy. But I <3 S.U./Russian History too! I'll be in St. Petersburg University next summer for three months molesting the campus and city with my horrid Russian.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]