Author Topic: Movies that seemed like Lupin plots  (Read 3734 times)

Meitantei Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
Movies that seemed like Lupin plots
« on: August 17, 2009, 11:53:44 pm »
Ever see a promo for a new movie about finding a lost treasure or pulling off a big robbery and think of Lupin III? The thought crossed my mind with movies like Sahara and National Treasure. Anybody else got one?

Sad cactus

Re: Movies that seemed like Lupin plots
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 01:13:59 am »
The Oceans series, The  Pink Panther, Indiana Jones, The Road to El Dorado, The Great Mouse Detective, Disney's Aladdin, The Thief And the Cobbler, Curious George, Shrek, Disney's Inspector Gadget, Chihuahua, Legally Blonde, Disney's Mulan, Back to the Future, Moulin Rouge (old and new), Sunset Boulevard (old), The Animal, The Hot Chick, The Longest Yard, The Lives of Others, Death Race --hell, almost everything I watch either reminds me of some aspect of Lupin--whether there may be a character that might remind me of Lupin himself, and/or his partners, or the presence of a caper, or a theft, or its wackiness, its realism,  its boundlessness of creativity, its irresistible charisma--  or I might mentally categorize a movie as the absolute opposite of Lupin. But my frame of reference for watching every movie after I watched Lupin has been Lupin. Ever since I laid eyes on Strange Psychokinetic Strategy, I look at everything with Lupin-tinted eyes.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 02:47:39 am »
After the Sunset.

rpguidry

• [Member]
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 04:05:44 am »
The Thomas Crown affair and I suppose some of the stunts of the new Ocean's films had some Lupin like tactics to their stealing.

lupinthe3rd1

• [Member]
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 08:25:15 pm »
Curious George, Shrek, Disney's Inspector Gadget, Chihuahua, Legally Blonde, Disney's Mulan, Back to the Future, Moulin Rouge (old and new), Sunset Boulevard (old), The Animal, The Hot Chick, The Longest Yard, The Lives of Others, Death Race --

????? explain ??????

blackcoated

• [Member]
  • the world is mine
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 02:38:25 pm »
george reminds me of lupin cause sometimes hes too monkey ish

http://www.myspace.com/weberwound
my 1st uploaded and made by me video on youtube maybe ill do areview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVIu3Jssf7A&feature=channel_page

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 06:31:19 pm »
The Thomas Crown affair and I suppose some of the stunts of the new Ocean's films had some Lupin like tactics to their stealing.
The heists in the second (remake) version of The Thomas Crowne Affair are incredibly Lupinesque. Especially the final heist, where Crowne uses a strategy straight out of a Green Jacket Lupin episode. ;-)

Honorable mention to the original version of The Italian Job, especially its wacky robbery chase sequence.

Sort of more tangential because it's not a crime caper flick, but does involve tons of over-the-top adventures and escape sequences--plus a relationship between the male and female leads that bears a whiff of the Lupin/Fujiko combativeness, would be The Great Race. Plus, I've only seen snippets of "Napoleon's Dictionary" but that antique auto race seemed to bear more than a passing resemblance to this movie's period-auto race.
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html