Author Topic: Lupin III films/specials /OVA/  (Read 11480 times)

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
Lupin III films/specials /OVA/
« on: September 25, 2009, 03:05:43 pm »
hi just wondering  if some could list all lupin related media that has never been dubbed ( if its been fan-dubbed please list it ) id also like to know of any fan related media that might be worth checking out  :) thx

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
Re: Lupin III films/specials /OVA/
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 03:43:55 pm »
right here
http://www.lupinencyclopedia.com/anime

just click on the links on the left

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 03:50:23 pm »
 thx but iv been to that site ages ago , id sooner someone just list them point to point  .
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 03:51:04 pm by mikezilla2 »

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 04:12:12 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean, but that website has the series and specials that are dubbed listed. You can also just browse through the forums since people made discussions threads about some of the specials that came out over the last few years.
Les temps sont durs pour les r

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 04:16:43 pm »
well like this
http://www.lupinthethird.net/forums/index.php?topic=47.0

cept that list is incomplete ( at least i think its what im after if those have never been dubbed ) ?

need a complete listing

just want someone to list all lupin related media that has never been dubbed and any fan projects that you might know of  ;)

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 02:12:31 pm »
Well, when you say projects, do you include subs there, too? Dubbed work is

-Geneon's version of Part II, starring Tony Oliver and Dick Epcar {Red Jacket}

-FUNimation's Final and First Haul box sets, with FUNi mainstay Sonny Strait in the lead, which include:

~~Dragon of Doom

~~Dead or Alive

~~Island of Assassins

~~Tokyo Crisis

~~To Hell with Nostradamus

~~Voyage To Danger

~~The Secret of Twilight Gemini

~~The Columbus Files

~~Missed By A Dollar

~~The Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure

-The old made-for-airing-in-flight dub of Mystery of Mamo, and later Geneon's dub cast reprising their roles {as well as a dub by a group I don't recall}

-Castle of Cagliostro, dubbed by Manga Entertainment and initially by Streamline Studios with the inimitable Bob Bergen as the title character

-Plot of the Fuma Clan

I believe there are more I'm forgetting, but those are the biggest, to be sure. Again, I'm not sure what the request for your list is, so did you just want a list of all work, all dubbed work, all dubbed & subbed work, or what? Lemme know and I'd be happy to help.
1-888-SPY-HARD

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 04:20:35 pm »
thx but  i pretty much just mean a list of all lupin related media that has never been dubbed in english by any one that and im interested in unofficial / fan projects ( big ones ) of well just something that might be worth checking out ....

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 10:02:20 pm »
There's the Pink Jacket series a.k.a. "Lupin III Part III" (Though, Jd has already fan subbed episodes 1-7)

Green Jacket series (but some people are starting to fan dub a few episodes though.)

Try some of the new TV specials and OVA's between 2001 -2008 or '09

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 10:03:37 pm »
thx but  i pretty much just mean a list of all lupin related media that has never been dubbed in english by any one that and im interested in unofficial / fan projects ( big ones ) of well just something that might be worth checking out ....

Well, if dubs are all you're after, the above list is pretty complete, I believe. Notable fan projects include JoYi's adaption of the Lupin World's Most Wanted that failed to get released due to Tokyopop's poor sales and possible loss of license. There's also the fan dub that's getting its feet wet over in Fan Works, and that's pretty new {I believe you can put in an audition, if interested.} Finally, there's J.D.'s ongoing subtitling, but other than that Lupin projects are pretty few and far between in terms of consistency.

There's the Pink Jacket series a.k.a. "Lupin III Part III" (Though, Jd has already fan subbed episodes 1-7)

Green Jacket series (but some people are starting to fan dub a few episodes though.)

Thing is, though, those aren't dubbed in the least, only subtitled by fans.
1-888-SPY-HARD

alljackets67

• [Member]
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 10:36:41 pm »

I know, I just felt like putting that out there.

I agree with Geist; there is rarely a consitent Lupin project anywhere on the web. All ready from the difficulty the current pilot film fandub s having, it is a consitent trait. Hopefully the TV speicals and OVA's would draw more interest.

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 11:55:46 am »

Well, if dubs are all you're after, the above list is pretty complete, I believe. Notable fan projects include JoYi's adaption of the Lupin World's Most Wanted that failed to get released due to Tokyopop's poor sales and possible loss of license. There's also the fan dub that's getting its feet wet over in Fan Works, and that's pretty new {I believe you can put in an audition, if interested.} Finally, there's J.D.'s ongoing subtitling, but other than that Lupin projects are pretty few and far between in terms of consistency.

basically im just wondering a list i mean i prefer dubs but i dont mind if its not  , but have a list would mean i dont have to bother looking for dual audio , links to fan projects thx ? , and who is JD tho ? is there any chance of the whole 3rd series being subbed ---- and iv haerd the red jacket show was never fully subbed is that true ?   

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 06:23:01 pm »
All righty, here is a list of Lupin anime that has not been dubbed or subtitled in English by companies or fansubbers:

Lupin series 2 (red jacket) episodes 80 through 155.

Lupin series 3 pink jacket (except for the first 7 episodes which have been fansubbed).

Then there are these which have been fansubbed but not dubbed.

Hemingway's Dictionary
Napoleon's Dictionary
From Russia With Love
Alcatraz Connection
Episode 0: First Contact
Operation Return the Treasure
Stolen Lupin
Angel's Tactics
Seven Days Rhapsody
Elusiveness of the Fog
Sweet Lost Night
Lupin III vs Detective Conan.

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 05:45:51 am »
thx but howd this cover come about ? http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee35/murad_hj/04TvSpLupinIII-FromRussiaWithLove19.jpg

and what are the chances of the rest of the eps being subbed ? i mean   its been quite a wili , also looking for links to fan projects ...

All righty, here is a list of Lupin anime that has not been dubbed or subtitled in English by companies or fansubbers:

Lupin series 2 (red jacket) episodes 80 through 155.

Lupin series 3 pink jacket (except for the first 7 episodes which have been fansubbed).

Then there are these which have been fansubbed but not dubbed.

Hemingway's Dictionary
Napoleon's Dictionary
From Russia With Love
Alcatraz Connection
Episode 0: First Contact
Operation Return the Treasure
Stolen Lupin
Angel's Tactics
Seven Days Rhapsody
Elusiveness of the Fog
Sweet Lost Night
Lupin III vs Detective Conan.

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 07:22:51 am »
Well, that's actually a DVD volume of episodes of the second series, they just titled the volume From Moscow With Love. It's not actually the 1992 special From Russia With Love.

Hopefully the rest of series 2 is subbed someday, either professionally or by fans.

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 07:32:56 am »
Well, that's actually a DVD volume of episodes of the second series, they just titled the volume From Moscow With Love. It's not actually the 1992 special From Russia With Love.

Hopefully the rest of series 2 is subbed someday, either professionally or by fans.

thx fpr clearing that up , so did the live action film ever get a dub  or just a sub ?