Author Topic: "Episode Zero: First Contact" DVD now available from Discotek/Eastern Star!  (Read 63384 times)

ultimateemail5000

• Part of the Gang
Re: Discotek licenses "Episode Zero: First Contact"!
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 04:11:47 am »
This new Lupin release since 2006 is going to kick ass!

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 02:51:09 pm »
I just wanted to thank ultimateemail5000 for trying his best to be Mr Positive in a see of trolls and troll food. And, valiant efforts on both Luis' and Geist's parts.
By the way, there was a Lupin DVD released in 2007: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/qD1gPuY-uuSvJfAMjs/browse/item/75696/4/0/0
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 03:34:49 pm by Lupin the Third »
-R. Nelson

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2009, 03:43:32 pm »
Indeed, positive is good. 8)

Speculation time, when in 2010 do you folks think this DVD will be released? I'll guess... July or August.

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 08:36:51 pm »
Huzzah. Nice to see we're still getting licensed Lupin here. Unfortunately I already own EP: 0, and probably won't pick it up if it's sub only (and considering all that's been said in this thread, it probably won't be dubbed). Or hey, maybe I might. I should be a good fan and own two copies.

And there's so much I want to reply to in this thread, but my foruming skills are rusty and I can't really be bothered to crop giant walls of text.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

ultimateemail5000

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2009, 03:14:20 am »
I just wanted to thank ultimateemail5000 for trying his best to be Mr Positive in a see of trolls and troll food. And, valiant efforts on both Luis' and Geist's parts.
By the way, there was a Lupin DVD released in 2007: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/qD1gPuY-uuSvJfAMjs/browse/item/75696/4/0/0

I honestly have to say, I litterly(in online terms) "lmao'd" hard when you replied to what I had to say. But now that I you updated it, I completely forgot about the Fuma release. So I am wrong, but all I could remember was Pioneer releasing their last DVD, and nothing else. Still can't though for this release, forget what the argument is about, the release is all I want.

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2009, 12:38:21 pm »
Hopefully the DVD cover ends up better than this one:

(click to show/hide)

Edgar. :D

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2009, 01:06:59 pm »
Oh yeah, "Edgar"...  that's how it aired in France thanks to legal reasons. I think there's one or two movies that were released as "Lupin III."

I don't think the cover art is bad at all, though. Except maybe all the text and junk at the bottom.
-R. Nelson

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2009, 01:15:24 pm »
The art is awesome, that's true. That wacky Edgar though. ;D

(click to show/hide)

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2009, 05:41:19 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Oh yeah, "Edgar"...  that's how it aired in France thanks to legal reasons. I think there's one or two movies that were released as "Lupin III."

I think the reason they've been calling him Lupin the 3rd in other countries now is because the copyright for his name usage has been expired as of now. So now everyone in every region can finally call him by his true original name. :)

And, thank goodness, things have calmed down here. It was really heated up to the point that I wanted to stay away from this topic for a while. I'm glad that's over with.

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2009, 10:34:16 pm »
See: RedTail's gif.

I can't!  It's not there anymore!!  I missed it!!!

(Also, this is some pretty exciting news about this special being released over here.)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2009, 03:42:24 am »

It was that animated GIF of the guy typing manically on his keyboard until his arms became bloody stubs and then pounding his face on the keyboard until his eyes and features flew out of his head. In the end, he's left a red-coated pulp with 4 holes in what is left of his face. It's cartoony but gruesome. It's been around a long time.

On-topic, I'm happy to report that I'll be once again contributing to Discotek latest Lupin DVD release. Not many details to share just yet, but I imagine you can expect something along the lines of the last disc or two. Sorry, still no word on if an English dub is planned (I tried!).
-R. Nelson

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2009, 08:17:54 am »
Lupin: So are you gonna point out on the commentary how Ep.0's not really canon with the manga, or something like that?  ;D You should slap the trailers for the other Lupin movies from DT as extras, too. As for the dub, or lack thereof, maybe you can just hire those William Winkler peeps? They might be cheap enough, if Toei's using them, cus that company loves cutting corners.

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2009, 12:15:39 pm »
On-topic, I'm happy to report that I'll be once again contributing to Discotek latest Lupin DVD release. Not many details to share just yet, but I imagine you can expect something along the lines of the last disc or two. Sorry, still no word on if an English dub is planned (I tried!).

Very cool. 8)

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2009, 02:33:27 pm »

It was that animated GIF of the guy typing manically on his keyboard until his arms became bloody stubs and then pounding his face on the keyboard until his eyes and features flew out of his head. In the end, he's left a red-coated pulp with 4 holes in what is left of his face. It's cartoony but gruesome. It's been around a long time.

Oh yeah, I remember that thing.  In fact, I think I have it saved on my computer for emergencies.

Jd-

• [Member]
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2009, 01:06:36 am »
I'm excited for this, at least. Subbed-only or not, anyone that can should definitely give this a buy. If subbed-only is the only way for us to get Lupin domestically, we should at least embrace it instead of holding out for the rest of all timez.

I'm just surprised FUNi's taking a chance on even Conan at this point, to be honest.

To note, FUNi is highly unlikely to do any further Conan. Their dubs of these last few movies they're releasing this winter were recorded during the initial run (aka, 3-4 years ago). They've only just now sorted out the release.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 01:10:34 am by Jd- »