Author Topic: Lupin the Trivia - April Edition  (Read 26736 times)

Robotech_Master

• Part of the Gang
Re: Lupin the Trivia - April Edition
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 10:07:18 pm »
Question IV:

Only one feature-length animated Lupin III adventure (nb: that I know of, but I've seen all of them except the most recent and one other, so I'm pretty sure) does not make any use whatsoever of a version of Yuji Ohno's signature Lupin theme (Lupin '78, '80, '89, etc.).

Which one is it?

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 02:49:35 am »
Question IV:

Only one feature-length animated Lupin III adventure (nb: that I know of, but I've seen all of them except the most recent and one other, so I'm pretty sure) does not make any use whatsoever of a version of Yuji Ohno's signature Lupin theme (Lupin '78, '80, '89, etc.).

Which one is it?

I'm pretty sure it's The Fuma Conspiracy.

Robotech_Master

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 10:41:37 am »
Correct! It was back when they were still in the habit of using a Bond-style vocal OP song (which they did for three films: Cagliostro, Babylon, and Fuma) and putting the Lupin tune somewhere else in the film, before they'd come up with Lupin '89 and started using it as the OP and the vocal song as the ED.

Fuma was kind of the "Never Say Never Again" of Lupin films, being made on such a cheap budget that it had neither the original voice actors for the Lupin gang, nor any Ono Yuji music at all.

The next question is yours!

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 09:46:32 pm »
Boy, coming up with a question is harder than I'd thought.  But how about this:

Whenever Lupin's second series character design is used in a production today, there is one minor change to his wardrobe.  What is it?

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 11:00:24 pm »
Boy, coming up with a question is harder than I'd thought.  But how about this:

Whenever Lupin's second series character design is used in a production today, there is one minor change to his wardrobe.  What is it?

His tie is yellow instead of pink.

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 12:52:29 am »
His tie is yellow instead of pink.

That's the answer I was looking for!  Personally, I don't see why they changed it.  It looks fine to me in pink, especially since they alternate that outfit with the Mamo combo, which also features a yellow tie.

You're up, Zoo Station.

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 01:01:17 am »
You're right Fujiko Lover, coming up with a question really IS hard!

What FUNimation Lupin film features a joke about their mispronunciation of the characters' names?

thnikkaman

• [Member]
  • all up ons
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 02:41:59 am »

What FUNimation Lupin film features a joke about their mispronunciation of the characters' names?

That has to be Fujiko's Unlucky Days, A.K.A. The Columbus Files
and they're serving, like...chicken... in a pan...with some... salad...and a... glass of milk? To drink?

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 12:41:40 pm »

That has to be Fujiko's Unlucky Days, A.K.A. The Columbus Files

Correct! ;D

Your turn thnikkaman.

thnikkaman

• [Member]
  • all up ons
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 05:57:30 pm »
Here's a tricky one: What do Lupin III and the anime Captain Tsubasa share in common? I'll narrow it down: has something to do with the TV series (Pink jacket)...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 06:25:40 pm by thnikkaman »
and they're serving, like...chicken... in a pan...with some... salad...and a... glass of milk? To drink?

Robotech_Master

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 06:18:12 pm »
Both of them were manga that have spawned multiple separate TV series, the second of which was called "Shin" ("New") Series Name in both cases.

thnikkaman

• [Member]
  • all up ons
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 05:44:34 pm »
Sorry, the correct answer is: In the Italian versions, they both share the same opening song, as evidenced in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owHEEVv5zi4

Next question...

Robotech_Master

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 06:15:58 pm »
Oh, come on now. You should have phrased your question better, as I did indeed come up with something that both series share in common, even if it wasn't the answer you were looking for.

RedTail

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 11:52:50 pm »
Oh, come on now. You should have phrased your question better, as I did indeed come up with something that both series share in common, even if it wasn't the answer you were looking for.

He specifically mentioned the pink jacket series, which unless I'm mistaken, was not titled "Shin Rupan Sansei: Part III".  I'm giving him the 3 points.

Anyway, in as per your question via PM regarding who goes next, it's covered by Rule 4:

"4. After 24hrs, if no one answered the question correctly, the person posting the question earns three points.  He must then give the correct answer and furnish some sort of proof to collect the points.  Anyone may ask a question then."

As for whether or not that rule will continue to stand, I don't know.  For now though, anyone can ask the next question.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:56:27 pm by RedTail »

Robotech_Master

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2007, 12:03:26 am »
All right then…

Question 6.0: What Miyazaki/Takahata character (not counting Lupin and the gang, of course) appears very briefly in The Fuma Conspiracy?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:13:40 am by Robotech_Master »