Author Topic: Upcoming Richard Epcar Interview: GET YOUR QUESTIONS IN!!!  (Read 5592 times)

Jing

• [Member]
Re: Upcoming Richard Epcar Interview: GET YOUR QUESTIONS IN!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 05:14:37 pm »
After looking at his page on the Anime News Network, I noticed that he hasn't really been that busy on the anime front as of late.

I know that he directed the ADR production for Lupin III when he worked with Geneon, and it doesn't look like he's been involved in much ADR production since then.

So, my first question is: Was ADR Director a role you'd want to repeat in the future, perhaps even with Lupin if it gets picked up again?

Also, building upon that: It's clear that the second series is the most accessible to American viewers, but even that got shafted by Adult Swim by being moved to the 5:30 AM timeslot. Why do you think Lupin wasn't very well-received by an American audience?

And I've got one more: How did Jake Martin get the role of Zenigata? He's had very few anime roles, and it doesn't look like he went on to pursue any more after losing Zenigata.

More to come, possibly~

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 03:55:35 am »
Early on, before the Fuse/Phuuz Entertainment dub was released, I understand Pioneer had recorded a sort of "test dub" of the first several episodes of Lupin TV. This dub had much more literally translated dialogue and a different actor in the role of Jigen. Do you know who played the role of Jigen in that version? Did you contribute to this "test" dub at all? Thanks!

(For those playing along at home, check out the next-episode preview Tony Oliver recorded for the "Curse of the Jumbo Juju" episode. You'll notice it is a very close match to the subtitle track - down to the Episode title "Great Adventure in the Caribbean Sea." I believe this is a remnant of this preliminary dub.)
-R. Nelson

desperate4loopin

• [Member]
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 03:22:01 pm »
bump.

hey. is this still happening?

SlackerWriter

• Stoic and Esoteric
  • Part of the Gang
  • There was a fish... in the percolator
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 12:01:56 am »
bump.

hey. is this still happening?
Yep it's still happening. As mentioned on the podcast, we are looking at recording in May so if you have questions, feel free to submit them