Author Topic: Glad to be here  (Read 2009 times)

Jing

• [Member]
Glad to be here
« on: February 24, 2010, 04:54:06 pm »
I'm usually not one for introduction posts, but this already seems like a really friendly community and I'm trying to get some of my thoughts down today while I'm stuck at home with strep throat (no need for pity, I'm feeling better already).

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who checked out Kaitou's fansub of the Last Job! IMO, it was everyone's best work so far, and we hope to continue that sort of quality in each individual episode release from all three Lupin series.

With that out of the way, I'll tell you a bit about my experience with Lupin and how I got into fansubbing. I first saw Case Closed and Lupin III together on Adult Swim, and was immediately hooked on them. Actually, when I was young, a certain episode of Conan scared me enough that I had to watch whatever was on next to get some of it out of my mind, and that happened to be Lupin! I'd wake up every morning at 5 AM to watch both shows, even though it made me tired enough to miss my alarm every day and end up late for school (it was either elementary or middle, but neither really matter >.>). I downloaded and watched the second series of Lupin at least twice after it got taken off the air. Geneon's Lupin dub is definitely my favorite of any dub I've ever heard--I honestly like their English cast as much as--if not more than--the Japanese cast.

In December of '08, I searched around for Detective Conan fansubs and stumbled upon DCTP, where your friendly neighborhood Jd- used to work. After I earned his trust, I joined his group with the eventual goal of taking it over--just kidding~! ...Or am I?

Anyway, I found out that he was a Lupin fan as well, and that another old group of his, Kaizou, had worked on the third series before. I met some of those guys, and we all came together to make Kaitou, a new group devoted to subbing Lupin in high quality and, in time, high definition. Jd- told me about these forums after we made the group, so here I am. It's truly nice to meet everyone--like I said, I can already tell that this is a truly unique and friendly community, and I hope to stick around for quite some time!

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
Re: Glad to be here
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 02:28:32 am »
I'd wake up every morning at 5 AM to watch both shows
Wow, sounds just like me. Except I would be UP UNTIL 6 AM so I could watch both Lupin & Conan at 5 and 5:30 during the Summer of 2005.

But welcome to the Forums man. This is truly like you said, a very friendly and wonderful community. I think you'll find everyone here to be a pleasure to know like I do.

And thank you so much for all your hard work on the Last Job and any future Lupin work you do.