Author Topic: Call for Help: Lupin TV airings in LA/San Diego Area!  (Read 27234 times)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Call for Help: Lupin TV airings in LA/San Diego Area!
« on: March 22, 2010, 03:46:23 pm »
We STILL have had no one willing or able to record these episodes (airing subtitled weekday nights on UTB Hollywood - 18.2), and by the beginning of next month (that's less than 2 weeks away, guys) they'll be airing untranslated-by-Geneon episodes.

ALL WE NEED is someone who can record the episode SOMEHOW. This may include any or all of the following:
-VCR (yes, seriously)
-Camcorder facing the TV(!)
-DVD recorder*
-TiVo-type setup (if you know how to get video off of it and onto a computer)*
-Digital Broadcast PC Capture Card*

*-Ideal, but not required

We just need the words on the screen. We're looking for scripts and a general idea of the timing, so we have translations for these episodes. Sadly, we don't have any money, but if you anyone you know loves Lupin or anime who can help us with this, we would be most grateful.

If you can do any of these things or can set us up with someone who can, please PM me or Email me. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 04:08:28 pm by Lupin the Third »
-R. Nelson

Jing

• [Member]
Re: Call for Help: Lupin TV airings in LA/San Diego Area!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 05:51:56 pm »
I was actually about to request the same thing!

If we're able to get our hands on those translations, and if they're actually good, we can go ahead with Blu-ray releases of the Red Jacket series.

RedTail

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 05:50:49 pm »
Reed, I may be able to hook you up with someone who can help.  I'll ask him if he's on tonight.

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 07:17:14 pm »
LA/San Diego gets all the fun stuff

RedTail

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:07:27 pm »
Forgot he doesn't have an HDTV.  Sorry...

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 11:02:09 pm »
I can get that channel, and have a vcr, but I dunno how to record with it, and it doesn't seem to work at the same time as my box. [I have to route the wires to get the VCR to play separately.]  :'(

Jing

• [Member]
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 11:21:52 pm »
I can get that channel, and have a vcr, but I dunno how to record with it, and it doesn't seem to work at the same time as my box. [I have to route the wires to get the VCR to play separately.]  :'(

Can you explain your setup in gruesome detail? Someone (including myself, hopefully) may be able to help.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 11:38:05 pm »
Well, I got one of those old-ass teevees which don't have more than three sockets, and one has to connect to the digital converter box, while the others are reserved for a/v shit for my ps3, which also has to be connected directly to the teevee with its own wires. The DVD player can be connected to the box, but the VCR has to at least be connected to my antenna and teevee to work.

Jing

• [Member]
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 11:52:21 pm »
Well, I got one of those old-ass teevees which don't have more than three sockets, and one has to connect to the digital converter box, while the others are reserved for a/v shit for my ps3, which also has to be connected directly to the teevee with its own wires. The DVD player can be connected to the box, but the VCR has to at least be connected to my antenna and teevee to work.

By three sockets, do you mean that there's one set of sockets for an A/V device, or is one of them a coax (like for cable TV) socket with another for an antenna?

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 12:08:49 am »
The former.

Jing

• [Member]
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 12:16:59 am »
The former.

That's actually a good thing. At pretty much any electronics store, you can find a splitter that includes coax and A/V cables that'll allow you to plug in all of your appliances at the same time. I assume that your VCR has A/V sockets and a coax socket for both input and output, right? If that's the case, you should be able to plug your VCR into everything.

tiki_rob

• [Member]
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 12:27:03 am »
I will be recording every single missing episode myself with a dvd recorder like it was religious prayer. I will inform you on my progress throughout the year. (Because im sure everyone hates the english subs on the Hk dvds of series 2)

Jing

• [Member]
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 12:34:00 am »
I will be recording every single missing episode myself with a dvd recorder like it was religious prayer. I will inform you on my progress throughout the year. (Because im sure everyone hates the english subs on the Hk dvds of series 2)

That's fantastic! Do you have plans to upload them?

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 01:11:32 am »
Thanks, tiki!

Jing: How much do they go for?

Jing

• [Member]
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 01:18:32 am »
Thanks, tiki!

Jing: How much do they go for?

I got one for around 20 bucks a while back, but one that includes coax and A/V might cost you closer to $40-50. It's been years since I bought it, so I can't give you the most accurate estimate, unfortunately.

If there's a local place you know of, you might want to check their website, since small electronics stores are more likely to have cheaper stuff. I remember comparing a local place with Best Buy for the same product--big difference.