Author Topic: Call for Help: Lupin TV airings in LA/San Diego Area!  (Read 27235 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Re: Call for Help: Lupin TV airings in LA/San Diego Area!
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2010, 02:58:34 am »
I don't need his contact info. I just want him to KIT on the ML once in a while. Anyway, I guess I'll either try to fit it in Monday or ship it Tuesday.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2010, 03:22:24 am »
I watched all of episode 90 and part of episode 94. Both include Lupin in costume as Superman. #90 even shows Lupin going to the theater to see "Superman the Movie" with the actors' names listed on the banner (Christopher Reeve, et al), a tall poster of Superman proper, and several secondary characters in costume as various comic book characters - Wonder Woman, The Hulk, Spider-Man and even a variant of Mickey Mouse. Episode 94 goes hardcore with the Superman costume/parody thing. The "Superman" character in this episode has blond hair and a "$" instead of an "S" in his crest, but other than that, it's a near-carbon copy of the DC Comics character.

Gatsu: I was talking to tiki_rob about Dale, by the way.
-R. Nelson

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2010, 08:29:31 pm »
LTT: Well, hell, if they can mention the Beatles and Star Wars thus far, I don't get what difference the DC/Marvel stuff makes. As for the lettering, like I said earlier, just tweak the font into a parody thing. South Park had a far more offensive Reeve "cameo", and no one got sued over that. And Family Guy didn't even pretend it was making fun of a different movie.

Update: Should be there in a few days.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2010, 10:25:14 pm »
Thank you sir. I'll keep an eye out for it and hopefully get some progress done on the project.
-R. Nelson

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2010, 01:15:05 am »
WTF? This ep has a costume party where someone wears the friggin' Superman cape, but they can't air those episodes?

djcj

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2010, 10:16:40 am »
WTF? This ep has a costume party where someone wears the friggin' Superman cape, but they can't air those episodes?
Lol, nice. And that in the country of boundless possibilities.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2010, 04:46:50 pm »
So lemme get this straight. Dressing up as Hitler to make fun of Hitler is "offensive", but saving ex-nazi war criminals from getting killed in revenge would've been fine with Geneon?   Plus, it looks like another idea Quentin Tarantino ripped off.

So did you get it, Reed?

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2010, 05:17:00 pm »
So lemme get this straight. Dressing up as Hitler to make fun of Hitler is "offensive", but saving ex-nazi war criminals from getting killed in revenge would've been fine with Geneon?   Plus, it looks like another idea Quentin Tarantino ripped off.

I don't know about the rest, but
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
1-888-SPY-HARD

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2010, 09:32:45 pm »
Yeah, I'm aware of Hogan's Heroes. But bringing the nazis together to be blown up wasn't a plot device I'd heard of before. Though I imagine Lupin's Hitler spoof probably takes after those American WW2 toons.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2010, 11:41:10 pm »
So did you get it, Reed?

Thank you, sir, I did. I'll be transcribing the subtitles TO-night :)
-R. Nelson

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2011, 04:08:29 am »
It looks like TMS occasionally misses translating lines of dialogue, but hopefully not conversations. Anyway, I guess it was "tv writer foreign exchange week" in Japan, and TMS got stuck with someone who worked on Superfriends, as this is the most ridiculous Lupin episode I've ever seen.   Though it was sort of amusing in a "bad-good" way. I'm just surprised Dale considers the Superman episode to be the "jump the shark" one for the rest of the series, since this seems pretty close to one to me.

Guess I had to update, as this ep was clearly inspired by someone doing drugs while watching that monkey thing from Faces of Death.

So this ep suffered from subs which went by too fast. Reed or Luis would be helpful here, as I'm still confused about those leaf notes. Tot-san proves he can be cool, and Jigen decides to break canon by using the Zantetsuken. Holmes got misspelled a few times. Anyway, better than the last one, but still a bit of a narrative mess. This ep is the most Monkey Punch-esque of the series thus far. The bad guy reminds me of   ;D Plus, they were obviously inspired by Enter the Dragon at the end.

Update: I'm guessing this guy was watching the UTB subs. It's been a while, but it looks similar to their scripts.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 04:09:19 am by GATSU »