Author Topic: Hidden Homages  (Read 5315 times)

DDDINC

• Part of the Gang
Hidden Homages
« on: June 03, 2010, 05:59:29 am »
I just finished watching Harimao and I noticed something... In the scene where Touttsan goes to Lupin's hotel room he opens the closet and finds a green and pink jacket. If you blink or are in the wrong light you'll miss it. I wonder how many more things like that there are.....?
Is it wrong to steal Lupin merchandise or just hilariously ironic??

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
Re: Hidden Homages
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 06:00:42 pm »
Lupin has a green jacket in Fuma Conspiracy, he gives Murasaki some of his clothes for her to change in and she picks his red jacket.

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

Sad cactus

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 07:47:16 pm »
Fun, fun...: )

In "Lupin the Interred", Lupin opens up his closet and you can see several red jackets but there's also a green one in there, I think.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:11:13 pm »

In "Lupin the Interred", Lupin opens up his closet and you can see several red jackets but there's also a green one in there, I think.

You mean this scene, right? I noticed that he had a collection of different colored jackets in there the last time I watched it! He even has the pink jacket before the third series even started. lol!

(click to show/hide)

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 01:22:52 am »
You mean this scene, right? I noticed that he had a collection of different colored jackets in there the last time I watched it! He even has the pink jacket before the third series even started. lol!
(click to show/hide)
Hey nice! But can you imagine him orange? :-\

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

Jing

• [Member]
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 02:25:13 am »
This isn't in the actual Lupin franchise, but I just about fell out of my chair laughing when I realized that a school band in another anime I'm watching started playing the Lupin III theme song at a pep rally. :D

J B

• Part of the Gang
    • http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3154/65555664.jpg
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 03:15:58 am »
(click to show/hide)

Hmm, the orange coat is a bit long... maybe it's an imitation trench coat to disguise himself as Zenigata?  ;)

But for a new series, he should wear that blue one.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 03:58:56 am »
(click to show/hide)

Could possibly be a trenchcoat now that J B's mentioned it, but yeah....that would be an off color for Lupin in my eyes. I would like to see the black jacket for a new series, though.  ;D

Jing

• [Member]
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 08:40:04 am »
I'd just like to see a new series. :-\

Sad cactus

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 02:41:47 pm »
Hmm, the orange coat is a bit long... maybe it's an imitation trench coat to disguise himself as Zenigata? 

That has to be it. Yellows, oranges, and browns are Zeni's colors, anyway. XD

Thanks for posting the picture, Fujiko. : ) oO Wow, I never noticed the pink jacket there!

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 04:20:38 pm »
Hmm, the orange coat is a bit long... maybe it's an imitation trench coat to disguise himself as Zenigata? 

That has to be it. Yellows, oranges, and browns are Zeni's colors, anyway. XD

Thanks for posting the picture, Fujiko. : ) oO Wow, I never noticed the pink jacket there!

No prob! ^^ The moment you mentioned that scene, I knew exactly what you were talking about!

Me too...  :'(

m-o

• [Member]
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 01:16:14 pm »
i think everyone here would like this  :-[. let's pray....  ;)

J B

• Part of the Gang
    • http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3154/65555664.jpg
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 05:22:06 am »
While we're on the topic of Lupin's jackets/coats in the closet, I found this picture randomly looking for 100x 100x Lupin III avatars:

The source is traced from here, apparently:

http://www.fpsmagazine.com/newsletters/flicker/20060529.html

The picture seems to clearly be Lupin wearing a blue jacket with one of his yellow ties and black shirt combos. The animation or artwork looks rather pink jacket, or even Cagliostro, in style... Could this work for a (purely hypothetical at this point) new series? In other words, is blue the color to turn for, for the new series' color?

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 06:41:03 pm »
That pic is old, and it's most likely from the Fuma Conspiracy. Here's another Fuma pic to compare:

It did often look pretty blue-ish in that, even though it's supposed to be green.

So, pretty much, I don't think we'll be seeing Lupin go blue jacket, officially.

Unless we count Spike Spiegel. ;D

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 02:04:26 am »
Sorry for not replying sooner, but I actually got (more or less) the source of this image here....

It's just a differently-tinted version of this scene from Castle of Cagliostro. The clouds don't align with your picture, and I think that's because there was also a promotional version of this image released with the film that had slightly different character positioning. I tried to find a snapshot of it online through GIS, but to no avail.
-R. Nelson