Author Topic: Hidden Homages  (Read 5303 times)

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
Re: Hidden Homages
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 01:40:00 am »
Not sure if this is the right thread, but the second episode of the original Fist of the North Star has Bat stating that he's a thief, claiming that he's up there with Lupin, although he's not specific on which Lupin he's talking about.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

DDDINC

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 12:05:09 pm »
When I started this thread I was looking for subtle nods to earlier incarnations of Lupin within itself... but it would be nice to see how many references other shows make... Like ep 5 of FLCL!!!
Is it wrong to steal Lupin merchandise or just hilariously ironic??

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 05:55:33 am »
By the way, I found the ACTUAL source of that Cagliostro image. As I said before, it's a promo version of that Cagliostro snapshot, so it looks a bit different. I've included a webcam snapshot of it in the Cagliostro program book, which I happened to thumb through tonight. Enjoy.

EDIT: On closer inspection, it appears that the character art between the two (the actual movie still and the promo art) is nearly identical (save the lighting highlights on their backs), but the environment is completely redrawn. Not just the sky - the plant life and the stones around them have differing details. Crazy, huh? My guess is they wanted a more "rich" and "ominous" look to the promotional artwork. Just a theory, though.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:00:58 am by Lupin the Third »
-R. Nelson