Author Topic: a new Lupin pachinko game promotion video  (Read 12067 times)

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
Re: a new Lupin pachinko game promotion video
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 05:33:53 am »
Large eyes you say, eh? Well you should visit those official sites...they got quite annoying artstyle (well, I don't like it)
Personally, I think that, for the most part, the character designs look OK (although a little too "animesque", if that makes any sense whatsoever).  Better than what the TV specials are using these days.
Except for Fujiko.  She looks completely off, and not very "Fujiko-like".  And is it just me, or is her bust here a little larger than usual?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Sabutaatti

• [Member]
  • LUPIIINN!!!
    • MAL
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 06:13:04 am »
Large eyes you say, eh? Well you should visit those official sites...they got quite annoying artstyle (well, I don't like it)
Personally, I think that, for the most part, the character designs look OK (although a little too "animesque", if that makes any sense whatsoever).  Better than what the TV specials are using these days.
Except for Fujiko.  She looks completely off, and not very "Fujiko-like".  And is it just me, or is her bust here a little larger than usual?
Well her bust size is always getting larger and larger...like her sexy scene times (yeah this one was from previous pachinko game: Get Gold). Ahhaha now watching these videos it reminds me somekind of dating game ;D that's what we need...

but what we can expect they have more lots of fun and time to do pachinko games than doing good average TV specials (it wasn't so long time ago when the "Get Gold"was realished afterall)?

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 02:51:22 pm »

Oh, I don't mind any of the other characters. I thought the art style on them looked pretty ok. It's only Fujiko's style I'm worried about. And you know what? That's exactly the word to describe it! She does look a bit too "anime-sque". That look just doesn't suit her, imo. At least it's only in the Panchiko game. I wouldn't be happy if that artstyle for Fujiko returned in another TV special, though.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 01:59:30 am »
I personally don't get it. I mean the character designs have been changing like crazy for years. How are minor differences a problem? I really didn't even notice.

Gold Demona

• Queen of the Easily Amused
  • Part of the Gang
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 02:57:16 am »
Am I the only one that noticed that this "pachinko" machine is really a slot machine? ???

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 12:37:36 pm »
Yeah I kept wanting to mention that but I figured everyone would have ignored me anyway.

They technically call it a "pachi-slot" machine, or "pachinko-slot."  I think the only reason they have "pachi"/"pachinko" in the name is because they're similar in both being gambling machines.
-R. Nelson

Gold Demona

• Part of the Gang
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 02:18:23 pm »
Yeah I kept wanting to mention that but I figured everyone would have ignored me anyway.

Early on in this topic I mentioned a friend of mine having a Lupin slot machine similar in style to this one, but was ignored. :P

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 04:14:20 pm »
Well, like I said before, "at least it's only in the pachinko game" so I'm ok with it.

I usually don't mind any changes to the character designs or anything like that because it's what usually happens in the Lupin series. It's only this minor change to Fujiko's eyes that bothered me in this particular style. Overall, it's just a slot machine game (one I wish I can play like all the other Lupin pachinko games).

Gold Demona

• Part of the Gang
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 04:15:50 pm »
And just for good measure, here is a Lupin pachinko machine that actually IS pachinko. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n2cAvZZPXM

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 05:14:53 pm »
Well, like I said before, "at least it's only in the pachinko game" so I'm ok with it.

I usually don't mind any changes to the character designs or anything like that because it's what usually happens in the Lupin series. It's only this minor change to Fujiko's eyes that bothered me in this particular style. Overall, it's just a slot machine game (one I wish I can play like all the other Lupin pachinko games).
What exactly is it about her eyes that bother you? Too "cat like" (Best phrase I could come up with, lol).

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 09:24:38 pm »
What exactly is it about her eyes that bother you? Too "cat like" (Best phrase I could come up with, lol).

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. lol

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2010, 02:52:18 am »
LOL, I see. Guess it just doesn't bother me. But like you said, Fujiko is your favorite character. I guess I might be more irked if it were MY favorite character. Like I've always despised Jigen's design in the 1993 Special.

m-o

• [Member]
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2010, 05:10:56 pm »
i personally don't mind about the changes in characters. i like fujiko a lot and her look has changed along years, or jigen, look at him in the first series, then in second series, and in third series he looks like a different guy. but i understand people who doesn't like it because in some cases maybe results are not good at all.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2010, 07:53:03 pm »
LOL, I see. Guess it just doesn't bother me. But like you said, Fujiko is your favorite character. I guess I might be more irked if it were MY favorite character. Like I've always despised Jigen's design in the 1993 Special.

Really? How did he look in that one? I haven't gotten a chance to see that special yet.

Gold Demona

• Part of the Gang
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 11:25:11 pm »

*checks the wiki to see which one was the '93 special*
I agree. I held off buying Voyage to Danger the longest time for that exact reason.