Author Topic: [Rumor] Live Action Lupin III (Japan)  (Read 29990 times)

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
Here we go again.
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2011, 11:33:12 pm »
Yikes. Recently decided to check Lupin up in the news and apparently the rumors are flying around again because of a rumored "Lupin the Third" photo book that's supposed to be released as part of the 40th anniversary commemoration of the anime.

Erika Sawajiri is supposedly modelling as Fujiko, but speculation has it that this photo book is part of the promotional goods for the live action film. Also - there's been a change in cast xD This just killed me because I've been in love with Satoshi Tsumabuki for who knows how long.

It's been 8 months and nobody's really denied being attached to this project yet, so I'm starting to feel a bit hopeful. And thank GOODNESS the guy who played that guy in Death Note no longer has anything to do with this.

From Left to Right: Oguri, Sawajiri, Tsumabuki, EITA (Lupin, Fujiko, Jigen and Goemon)

Sauce

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
Re: Here we go again.
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2011, 03:21:39 am »
Yikes. Recently decided to check Lupin up in the news and apparently the rumors are flying around again because of a rumored "Lupin the Third" photo book that's supposed to be released as part of the 40th anniversary commemoration of the anime.

Erika Sawajiri is supposedly modelling as Fujiko, but speculation has it that this photo book is part of the promotional goods for the live action film. Also - there's been a change in cast xD This just killed me because I've been in love with Satoshi Tsumabuki for who knows how long.

It's been 8 months and nobody's really denied being attached to this project yet, so I'm starting to feel a bit hopeful. And thank GOODNESS the guy who played that guy in Death Note no longer has anything to do with this.

From Left to Right: Oguri, Sawajiri, Tsumabuki, EITA (Lupin, Fujiko, Jigen and Goemon)

Sauce

I'm not a fan of the 70's live action, I don't even own it. If this project takes off, I'm sure it won't be as bad. They all look great but 'Jigen' looks a bit too young for my taste.

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

Gold Demona

• Queen of the Easily Amused
  • Part of the Gang
    • My DeviantArt
Re: [Rumor] Live Action Lupin III
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2011, 11:31:16 am »
If we're looking at these photos as reference, I personally think the "Lupin" and the "Jigen" should trade places. =/

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2011, 02:30:52 pm »
If Oguri is playing Lupin I get the feeling that this Live Action will be on the more serious side. The only thing I find slightly odd about him accepting this role is that this guy never takes the lead. It's not that he isn't high in demand or a terrible actor (quite the opposite), but he tends to prefer supporting roles.

And the first thing that comes to mine when I think of Eita is Nodame and Water Boys. They're perma-burned into my brain so it's beyond my mental capacity to accept him in any other roles. LOL

I waaaaaaaannntttttt confirmaatiiooonnnn! Gragh.

EDIIT;

Oh my. "confirmed" by Sawajiri.

http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/06/sawajiri-erika-confirmed-that-she-will-be-starring-in-a-movie/

« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:37:53 pm by JoYi »

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2011, 11:31:28 pm »
I'm not a fan of the 70's live action, I don't even own it. If this project takes off, I'm sure it won't be as bad.

I've never been especially fond of Japanese acting technique. It's far too over-the-top and ... it's like they try too hard to drive home the point. Like, they have to drive home the point with not just their words, but with every fiber of their body. It's too much. There seems to be an aversion to "acting naturally" in Japanese film.

That's kinda why I liked the 70's film. It's like they recognized their strengths and ran with it. Outside of when he got upset, I actually really liked the guy who played Jigen because he wasn't too over-the-top except in the occasional called-for-in-the-script situation (gun tricks, etc.).

I know not everyone will agree with me, especially not in a forum based around Japanese creative works, but there you have it.
-R. Nelson

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2011, 06:25:31 pm »
I'm not a fan of the 70's live action, I don't even own it. If this project takes off, I'm sure it won't be as bad.

I've never been especially fond of Japanese acting technique. It's far too over-the-top and ... it's like they try too hard to drive home the point. Like, they have to drive home the point with not just their words, but with every fiber of their body. It's too much. There seems to be an aversion to "acting naturally" in Japanese film.

That's kinda why I liked the 70's film. It's like they recognized their strengths and ran with it. Outside of when he got upset, I actually really liked the guy who played Jigen because he wasn't too over-the-top except in the occasional called-for-in-the-script situation (gun tricks, etc.).

I know not everyone will agree with me, especially not in a forum based around Japanese creative works, but there you have it.

I love Japanese cinema and I'm able to adapt to whatever I watch but this was too much, it felt more like a cartoon than the actual cartoon. Lupin III is very campy, yes but with no superpowers or anything like in so many animes. The most 'supernatural' is Goemon and they cut him out! :(
It wasn't TERRIBLE but Zenigata got on my nerve real quick. I don't know, maybe I'll give it another shot if this one project takes off.

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

taka

• Part of the Gang
  • lovely~
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2011, 09:33:05 am »
Erika Sawajiri is supposedly modelling as Fujiko, but speculation has it that this photo book is part of the promotional goods for the live action film.

I sincerely hope it turns out to be animated.  The 70s film was kinda an amusing one-off: despite being so over the top it was still entertaining considering all the niche from the decade.  Honestly, I'm not really a fan of live action manga/anime adaptions, especially the made for TV variety..

But more importantly.. Erika Sawajiri...?!  Oh goodness.  That tabloid girl has way too much drama & stupidity attached to her shoulders for me to roll off -___-;;; 

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2011, 09:11:26 pm »
But more importantly.. Erika Sawajiri...?!  Oh goodness.  That tabloid girl has way too much drama & stupidity attached to her shoulders for me to roll off -___-;;;
Whoooa whoa whoaa. She's pretty dramatic but she's anything but stupid lol (And I just so happen to be one of those people who enjoys her scandalous escapades!)

Honestly this girl is just the victim of the ridiculousness that is the Japanese entertainment industry. Personally I like how outspoken she is. The Japanese are hardcore bent on blending in/not being disruptive, so it takes some serious balls to stand up for yourself and make a comeback. She's honest about who is and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

taka

• Part of the Gang
  • lovely~
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2011, 09:52:09 pm »
Whoooa whoa whoaa. She's pretty dramatic but she's anything but stupid lol (And I just so happen to be one of those people who enjoys her scandalous escapades!)

Honestly this girl is just the victim of the ridiculousness that is the Japanese entertainment industry. Personally I like how outspoken she is. The Japanese are hardcore bent on blending in/not being disruptive, so it takes some serious balls to stand up for yourself and make a comeback. She's honest about who is and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I definitely applaud someone being honest and standing up for herself especially to the media, but some of her comments regarding what happened at the press conference (after the fact) seemed incredibly self centered and a little outlandish.  Part of being a talent/actress/idol is based on presentation: it's one thing if she apologized for her initial immaturity and left it at that, but actually taking it back a year or two after as if she were a victim isn't the brightest way to keep yourself in the limelight.  Granted I'm sure plenty of things were blown out of proportion but having to deal with exaggerations and rumors gracefully come with the job description.  (Imagine one of us "lowly" peeps carried a bad attitude on the job to that extent.  I'd be booted out the door faster than I could count to 3 lol)  I don't mind the tabloid fun but otherwise I can't say I'm much of a fan for her acting (or singing: this is before any of that drama even started).

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2011, 12:03:33 am »
I definitely applaud someone being honest and standing up for herself especially to the media, but some of her comments regarding what happened at the press conference (after the fact) seemed incredibly self centered and a little outlandish.  Part of being a talent/actress/idol is based on presentation: it's one thing if she apologized for her initial immaturity and left it at that, but actually taking it back a year or two after as if she were a victim isn't the brightest way to keep yourself in the limelight.  Granted I'm sure plenty of things were blown out of proportion but having to deal with exaggerations and rumors gracefully come with the job description.  (Imagine one of us "lowly" peeps carried a bad attitude on the job to that extent.  I'd be booted out the door faster than I could count to 3 lol)  I don't mind the tabloid fun but otherwise I can't say I'm much of a fan for her acting (or singing: this is before any of that drama even started).
I feel like a total Erika-Stan at the moment (I swear I'm not), but I didn't really think it was wrong of her for retracting her apology considering she was forced into giving one and didn't mean it. I completely understand where you're coming from about maintaining a certain public image, but the Japanese entertainment industry is literally crap. Often their talents are played a monthly salary (nothing glorious - it's usually along the same lines as the management) and only get a minimal percentage of the endorsements that they do. On top of that they work horrid hours with little sleep - can't really blame 'em if they do end up snapping. People have off days and if her PR agency thinks that her attitude was enough to suspend her for two years and then drop her without notice, that's a pretty clear sign that it's them not her. (Well to me at least) It was a pretty bad idea on their part though. Despite her attitude, this girl is bankable. And well... as for her level of talent - she's one hell of a model and she isn't a bad actress. Those Takano Yuri ads were freaking amazing.

OH but I have to agree with you on her music. Yikes. A friend sent me recordings from the TGC last year and it took me a good 3 minutes to realize she was singing in English.

taka

• Part of the Gang
  • lovely~
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2011, 09:07:01 am »
OH but I have to agree with you on her music. Yikes. A friend sent me recordings from the TGC last year and it took me a good 3 minutes to realize she was singing in English.

LMAO I remember when Leah Dizon had mad haters and suddenly everything kinda.. died down.  (Eek.. embarrassing.. I actually like her lol)  I definitely agree though concerning the industry: I've read some -horrific- stories about the treatment of idols/talents... it's alarming.  That and the standards that people are often held to are not realistic.  (Are you familiar with the whole EE Jump/Yuuki thing years ago?  Granted what he did in later years was his own choice as an adult but the first incident that started it all was handled pretty.. harsh.  Now he's thuggin it lol)  Mainly with Erika, I think it's the wording she used that just rubs me in the wrong way.  I can't recall exactly what it was, but after reading the interview I couldn't help but think her apology retraction could have been handled a little differently.  (Sorry if this isn't coherent: it's way too early lol)

When her first single came out, wasn't it really popular for a brief moment?  I can't even remember the comments specifically: I just recall everyone buzzing about it. lol

lilluther

• [Member]
  • Hunger makes a thief of any man
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2011, 05:30:05 pm »
So what are the chances this is all just speculation and this movie is not happening?
as alot of times fans post things that turn out not to be true like live action strawberry panic

I'd be intrested in seeing it providing it has a good plot