Author Topic: Video Game Samples in Punch the Monkey  (Read 1693 times)

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
Video Game Samples in Punch the Monkey
« on: November 04, 2010, 12:01:40 am »
So, earlier today, I was listening to Punch the Monkey (a Lupin remix CD released to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the green jacket series, for those who don't know.)

I got to "Lupin III '78 (CLUB ESCAPE MIX)" when I heard something that caught my ear.  At about 24 seconds into that video, you can hear Scorpion from Mortal Kombat yelling "Come here!".  And then at about 1:13, Raiden's trademark yell, followed by some yells made by the female characters, all from Mortal Kombat as well.

And then, at about 2 minutes into Funny Walk in Old Fashion you can hear a coin from Super Mario Bros., later followed by the familiar 1-up jingle.

Not really important or anything, but I just thought it was really interesting.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Re: Video Game Samples in Punch the Monkey
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 12:19:05 am »
The Super Mario coin SFX and the 1-up tune definitely caught my ear, as a big Mario fanboy myself. However, I think they pitched them a little higher or something. They're a little bit off....
-R. Nelson

Camjo-Z

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 07:46:55 am »
I've listened to Funny Walk a lot of times before, and it seems to me that it has a wide variety of samples. I only knew the Mario ones though.

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 02:37:41 am »
I got to "Lupin III '78 (CLUB ESCAPE MIX)" when I heard something that caught my ear.  At about 24 seconds into that video, you can hear Scorpion from Mortal Kombat yelling "Come here!".  And then at about 1:13, Raiden's trademark yell, followed by some yells made by the female characters, all from Mortal Kombat as well.
me being a MK player (the oldskool 2D version, no 3D) these are voice samples from Mortal Kombat II (Scorpion's Spear, Raiden's Flying Attack and Mileena, Kitana and Jade voice samples)

for some reason the guitar riffs remind me of Led Zeppelin's Communication Breakdown