Author Topic: "Lupin III" donates millions of yen to tsunami relief  (Read 2031 times)

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
"Lupin III" donates millions of yen to tsunami relief
« on: March 16, 2011, 12:21:42 am »
People have been making generous donations in Lupin's name. Two men came to Wakayama city hall and donated 2 million yen in cash, only leaving a letter signed by Lupin. Shortly after another mysterious middle aged man only identified as "Lupin III" donated 1 million yen ($12, 200 CAD). Definitely an amazing thing.

Source//Source

The situation is pretty dire over there, so if you are able to donate check this site out. It has a number of ways to send relief funds. There's also quite a few places selling t-shirts and sending proceeds to Tsunami relief. (This one is a personal favorite)

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Jenko

• Part of the Gang
Re: "Lupin III" donates millions of yen to tsunami relief
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 11:52:58 am »
Awesome! ;_; Poor people over there
BROKEN PASSWORD LINKS OH MY GOD WHAT THE F**K PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:32:00 pm »
Awesome! ;_; Poor people over there

I know! I felt devastated about the whole thing for about a whole week right now. I wish there was something I could do to help them.

Is there any word on the VAs as well? I hope that they and their families are also okay, too; especially Goro Naya. :(

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 07:39:44 pm »
That is by far the greatest/coolest news that could come right after a natural disaster =D