Author Topic: Hi from Japan  (Read 3343 times)

Ulrika1120

• [Member]
  • 39-Year-Long Japanese Lupin Fan
    • Twitter
Hi from Japan
« on: December 12, 2011, 01:16:41 am »

Hi everyone,
I've just joined this forum as I got interested in communicating to Lupin III fans in other countries.
I'm a Japanese 38-year-long hard-core Lipin III fan since the 1st series (the one you call green jacket one) was rerun and never missed any episode since then.
Hope my English is good enough for you to understand (probably it's OK - I'm a professionl JtoE translator in Med/Pharm field).
I'm hoping I may be able to contribute the forum with information only available in Japan.

If anyone wants to talk to Japanese fan, please feel free to send me a message. ;)

Attached is a flyer of Lupin Jazz Live - opening show for the OST for Eternal Mermaid - held on Dec 2, 2011 by Yuji Ohno & Lupintic Five - the show was SUPERB!!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:28:47 am by Ulrika1120 »
Yasuo Yamada, the Eternal Lupin III, Forever!!

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
Re: Hi from Japan
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 01:47:30 am »
Welcome to the forums! I swear I get the oddest looks when I tell Japanese people I like Lupin III. It's always that long pause and then "........why?"

And I'm going to be completely abrupt and shamelessly invite you to proofread my scanlations if you ever have any free time~ Japanese grammar just irks me to no end!

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Ulrika1120

• [Member]
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 03:24:23 am »
Hi Jo,
Thx for welcoming me.

I get the oddest looks when I tell Japanese people I like Lupin III. It's always that long pause and then "........why?"

Probably, they get surprized to see someone in other country who not only knows Lupin III but also likes it.

Yes, I can proofread your Japanese when I've got time - and I may ask you proofread my English:p

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 10:03:49 am »
Hi and welcome! :D

It's me, or we're having lots of new members recently? :)

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 05:30:53 pm »
Hi Jo,
Thx for welcoming me.

Probably, they get surprized to see someone in other country who not only knows Lupin III but also likes it.
No problem! Yeah it always comes up randomly and it takes people by surprise. Lupin just isn't that popular among the younger crowds anymore haha. 

Yes, I can proofread your Japanese when I've got time - and I may ask you proofread my English:p
Deal.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Gold Demona

• Queen of the Easily Amused
  • Part of the Gang
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 03:21:04 pm »
Welcome! =D

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 11:06:50 am »
Welcome!

Never been to Japan, but I've had Japanese pen pals. A few were surprised I know of Lupin Sansei. One sent me some of those Japanese Coca-Cola figurines that came out I think in 2004/2005.

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Stealing Japan for a Year
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 03:51:39 am »
Hi Jo,
Thx for welcoming me.

I get the oddest looks when I tell Japanese people I like Lupin III. It's always that long pause and then "........why?"

Same with me. Same with me.

Amadys

• Chevalier errant cr
  • [Member]
  • Gunman's fan forever !
    • My blog about Lupin III (sorry, only in french)
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 12:01:08 am »
Too late to say welcome, but welcome XD

In my country it's sounds like this, if I try to talk about with people :  "You know Lupin the third ?"  * no reaction * "Edgar de la Cambriole !" "oh, yeah, the cartoon I've watched when I was a child !"

Really... frustrating.
[ Ta gueule, h

Ulrika1120

• [Member]
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 09:25:26 am »
Hi & thx  :)

Maybe you should come to Japan,
where almost the total population know (whether they like it or not, or know a lot or know just by name) Lupin III as a national iconic hero (or anti-hero). ;)

Amadys

• Chevalier errant cr
  • [Member]
  • Gunman's fan forever !
    • My blog about Lupin III (sorry, only in french)
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 07:51:31 pm »
It's one of my dreams, going to Japan *_*
I'm learning japanese only for that (and to be able to read the unpublished Lupin III mangas one day XD)
Wow, it's really impressive... I dream about the same in France and Belgium.
[ Ta gueule, h

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Stealing Japan for a Year
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 12:22:56 pm »
Most of the Lupin III mangas don't have furigana on it which is hard for me. I know a lot of Kanji, and I can get the general idea of the Kanji sometimes. I need to study some more during Spring Holidays here in Japan.  I can understand Lupin III on T.V. a little more now, (YAY!) just when the characters speak really fast and cut the words and sentences is where I get confused. And the vocabulary.