Author Topic: Details Announced: Lupin III Master File BD & DVD  (Read 25122 times)

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
Re: Details Announced: Lupin III Master File BD & DVD
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 07:22:10 pm »
When you write NEW Lupin, do you mean
"World's most wanted" ? Anyway, that's some
very good news !  ;D
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 12:24:23 am »
EDIT: Confirmed, the new OVA is a 10-minute adaptation of the first New Lupin chapter; and Goro Naya will be present in it.

Source: Amazon and VAP.
This is highly exciting news. I'll likely place a Pre-Order on this DVD once I get my financial aid refund check for this semester. Which if it coincides with last year, I should get it mid-February!

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 07:58:37 am »
This is quite unexpected, and I might actually spring for both the DVD and Blu-Ray since the latter is apparently region-free according to CDJapan and I regret not also getting the Blu-Ray when I bought Play the Lupin a while back.

Edit - I bit the bullet and decided to spring for both the DVD and Blu, and actually get some decent shipping this time around as well. $200 is quite the chunk of change, but that just gives me more motivation to watch everything on it and probably do a review of it on Youtube or something to get even more out of it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:14:47 am by MGFanJay »

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 12:45:21 pm »
A Lupin fan emailed this suggestion to me the other day, and I thought I'd share it  with you guys.

I have a theory about that "3DCG Pilot" that will be included in the Master File DVD.

It might be something among the lines of a CG pilot/trailer for an upcoming movie based on Captain Harlock, and Marza Animation Planet, the same studio behind both the pilot an the movie, is owned by the same studio as TMS, who produces animated Lupin III productions, so they could be involved in this one as well.
Oh, and did I mention the Harlock movie will be an international release?
So yeah, something among the lines of that.
If you go on YouTube and search "Captain Harlock CG", the trailer, which was screened at Tokyo Anime Fair 2012, will be among the results. Although the description will mention a release for this year, the film will be actually released the next.
If the possible Lupin CG movie gets a global release also, I'll anticipate it!

He's referring to this trailer.

My reponse: I think it's more likely that the trailer is something old and abandoned, not something new and actively developed. I will not, howeverm, rule out that possibility until we see or know more.

Speaking of knowing more, I asked my contact overseas about further details (Lupin VIII pilot dubbing, etc.), and he knows no more than we do.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:46:32 pm by Lupin the Third »
-R. Nelson

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 05:16:55 am »
Pics of the CG short.

Also, a bad translation of what I'm sure someone else will clear up:
News production is reportedly around 1982, such as magazine anime at the time, although the set material character pictures and scenes, and interviews participants were introduced, "Lupin 8" work co-production and French visionary was unaired.
  Complete recording of full scale in its pilot version.
  For the recording of the dialogue has not been unfortunately, the screen is displayed in the ticker subtitle the lines listed in the script dubbing, voice recording in the commentary but commentary.
  And sub audio, you can enjoy only the sound of the original sound effects, music and video attached to the existing.
  In addition, five story recorded in the video digest of existing non-pilot in Japan. Enjoy an overview of the world of "Lupin 8".
  5 minutes of talk here, because it does not sound effects and music also attached, please enjoy commentary on the commentary.

"Remarks commentary"
  Ryusuke Hikawa (animation critic)

(About 32 minutes recording time)

That have not been introduced anywhere so far, according to the video test of 3DCG "Lupin III".
  Future, what is also the emergence of such a work?
  Please witness the ambitious video to explore the possibility of "Lupin III".

(About 3 minutes recording time)

Lupin III is recorded as a character who was active advertising, the image of CM "Shick" "Esso oil".
  We understand your special recording the two companies and the parties concerned.

(About 2 minutes recording time)

That's just the last disc, though. Lemme "translate" Disc 2:

5 people cast gold, interviews have to talk about the feelings of each role. Also includes feelings for Lupin III Mr. Yasuo Yamada = eternal.
 Delivered along with the recording landscape "Lupin family array" a new short film audio interview.

"Cast Interviews"
 Makio Inoue / Kiyoshi Kobayashi / Kan'ichi Kurita
 Goro Naya / Eiko Masuyama
 (Recording director) Satoshi Kato, Monkey Punch /

(About 25 minutes recording time)

San and Yuji Ohno Korezo had been in charge of the music in the work of most of the later 2nd Series, including the theme song of the familiar! "Lupin III", in charge of the music in the 1st series of 40 years ago with impressive striking a "Lupin III" Mr. Takeo Yamashita. Explores the charm of the "Lupin sound" of two people.

"Cast Interviews"
  (Son Takeo Yamashita) Toru Yamashita / (voice) Yuji Ohno
 / Charlie Kosei Masaaki Osumi

"Narration"
  Miyuki Sawashiro

(About 25 minutes recording time)

By interview testimony to chronicle the history of 40 years at a stretch overhead view "Lupin III" Anime. Recording the main opening, ending, and also Shinesuko pilot film version.

"Order of appearance / screen cast interview"
  Masaaki Osumi Gisaburo / Monkey Punch / Sugii
  Management people Matsumoto / Tsukasa Yoshikawa Sou / Koji Takeuchi / Junichi Iioka / Yasuo Otsuka
  Yu Garden Kiyoshi / Toshio Nakatani / Furuse Noboru / Masaharu back side

"Narration"
  Koichi Yamadera

(About 90 minutes recording time)

And then disc 1, with anime stills:

Based on the "! Array Lupin family" Monkey Punch's original manga, draw a new short films to the reunion of five thrilling.
  Please enjoy them thoroughly sorry for the ear, the "last session" of the cast of five that has been supporting the Lupin III!

Dubbing of this work is carried out two separate days. Mr. Otsuka set the first day of the role of man in the iron mask Chikao Kurita, Kobayashi, Mr. Inoue, Mr. Masuyama. Monkey Punch also appeared teacher of authorship, was presented a bouquet of thanks and words of thanks to those who supported the 40-year surface of the cast of "Lupin III" Anime. Naya's just another day at the convenience of recording schedule. Producer is now also presented on behalf of bouquet from Mr. Monkey.

STORY

Fujiko Mine was invited to the mansion of the island is the primary invitation to know and Lupin III. The mansion that is the mystery man was covered with a mask of iron had been chained. Soon, but appear separately gate five ~E Ishikawa, Daisuke even-dimensional, two people are in conflict, begin the mortal combat. What has happened to us on earth Lupin? Led by Inspector Zenigata that time police had been on the island ... approaching.

CAST
  Iron Mask as Inspector Zenigata as Goro Naya Chikao Otsuka Eiko Masuyama as Fujiko Mine as Makio Inoue Daisuke Ishikawa Gate ~E five-dimensional as Kiyoshi Kobayashi as Lupin III Kan'ichi Kurita

STAFF
  Monkey Punch Original:
  (Published by official magazine Works Lupin III MP)
  Kodama and Shinji Director:
  Hirayama Satoshi Character Design:
  Yuji Ohno: Music
  Satoshi Kato Sound Director:
  Kiyoshi Suzuki: Music Director
  Aoki Ryusuke producer:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:22:38 am by Lupin the Third »

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 11:31:16 am »
Apparently they went for the one I considered unlikely: leaving it undubbed. Go figure.

At least those stills allay my concerns about the video using a fan-circulated source. Those are some nice, clean images. Sign me up!

I like that it includes "digest" versions of 5 additional episodes. Even if they are extra short.
-R. Nelson

Bob2000

• [Member]
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 06:05:24 pm »

Based on the "! Array Lupin family" Monkey Punch's original manga,

What happens in this manga?

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 06:43:03 pm »
Basically, it is a chapter which includes a lot of plot-twists.

I don't want to make any spoilers. I think it would be better if you wait until some fansub edits it, if that ever happens.

Ulrika1120

• [Member]
  • 39-Year-Long Japanese Lupin Fan
    • Twitter
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 09:56:17 am »
Basically, it is a chapter which includes a lot of plot-twists.

I had an impression they chose this episode to let fans enojoy an act by the old casts
(I think you know what I mean if you have read the original manga episode),
as they mean a lot to Japanese fans
(you see they are referred to as "the golden five" - though the one who was/still is loved most is missing, sadly)
and the episode is supposed to let us say proper "good-bye" and "thanks" to them.

b.t.w.
They announced they'll release a deluxe package
incl. this Master File DVD + 40th Anniv. Book + Exclusive merch
They say they'll announce more detail in the link below as soon as they're ready:
http://tms-goods.shop-pro.jp/
Yasuo Yamada, the Eternal Lupin III, Forever!!

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 10:30:07 am »
b.t.w.
They announced they'll release a deluxe package
incl. this Master File DVD + 40th Anniv. Book + Exclusive merch
They say they'll announce more detail in the link below as soon as they're ready:
http://tms-goods.shop-pro.jp/

Is it weird that I don't care too much about Lupin merchandise?

I think it's because there's just so much of it that I know I could never have a complete collection.

I believe I do, however, have a complete collection of US Lupin merchandise (minus the black Lupin T-shirt sold by Hot Topic)....
-R. Nelson

Amadys

• Chevalier errant cr
  • [Member]
  • Gunman's fan forever !
    • My blog about Lupin III (sorry, only in french)
Re: Details Announced: Lupin III Master File BD&DVD:
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 10:07:47 pm »
Surprised they didn't release the Lupin VIII pilot already. Were the rights tied up with that European company?

I'm pretty sure the issue with Lupin VIII was that they (the European production company, but not the Japanese) were using the Arsene Lupin name without permission. They were only half-authorized or something along those lines and paying the Leblanc Estate was beyond their budget - which is why production was halted. But now that the name has entered public domain, there's nothing preventing this pilot from being released.

You're right.  Some rumours about a restart of the project have been mentionned, but actually... no more information. I doubt really about that.
I want a dubbing,  I want this OVA, I want this Master File ! \o/ But I have no money for that now  :'(
[ Ta gueule, h

Ulrika1120

• [Member]
  • 39-Year-Long Japanese Lupin Fan
    • Twitter
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 08:45:41 am »
Is it weird that I don't care too much about Lupin merchandise?

I think it's because there's just so much of it that I know I could never have a complete collection.

I totally agree with you. Especially, in Japan, we say, "you must choose the type of merch you want to buy (CDs, figures, stickers, postcards, watches, apparel, etc), or go bankrupt."
Yasuo Yamada, the Eternal Lupin III, Forever!!

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 11:39:29 pm »
Surprised they didn't release the Lupin VIII pilot already. Were the rights tied up with that European company?

I'm pretty sure the issue with Lupin VIII was that they (the European production company, but not the Japanese) were using the Arsene Lupin name without permission. They were only half-authorized or something along those lines and paying the Leblanc Estate was beyond their budget - which is why production was halted. But now that the name has entered public domain, there's nothing preventing this pilot from being released.

Here's the timeline as far as I've been able to figure it out/speculate:

-TMS and DiC toss around a "Lupin III" variant for Western TV
-"Lupin VIII" is the result, possibly to be renamed "Arsene & Cie" for Western broadcast (Pilot episode's title card has this in the background)
-Monkey Punch makes up some character designs based on the manga
-DiC gives design suggestions to make it easier to animate, most of which are ignored.
-Japan sends back some refined designs which become final.
-Japan and DiC begin full production.
-Progress is made and some unaired episodes are broken down scene-for-scene in various animation enthusiast magazines.
-Partway through production, after several episodes are largely completed, someone realized they hadn't cleared the Leblanc rights in the West (not sure if it's mostly Europe or North America they wanted it for).
-They checked on securing Leblanc rights with the West and the price was out of their range, so the project was abandoned.
-Project went unreleased even in Japan because it was a coproduction with DiC. Who really "owned" the rights of the show in its unfinished state was unclear.

Leblanc rights were never an issue in Japan: are you telling me the companies who got away with "Lupin III, grandson of Arsene Lupin" in Japan for decades just suddenly couldn't do a "Lupin VIII" because the Leblanc estate stepped in? As far as I can tell, "Arsene Lupin" has been fair game in Japan for a long time. It's other regions that were the real problem, as the series was VERY likely planned to be released abroad.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:46:50 pm by Lupin the Third »
-R. Nelson

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 08:20:22 am »
thxs reed

btw wtf is up with CDjapan - signed up - got no email , not in junk folder - in my safe list etc

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 02:39:43 am »
Hope someone subs that OVA short.

Agreed, always happy to hear about new Lupin III anime.