Author Topic: Details Announced: Lupin III Master File BD & DVD  (Read 25155 times)

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
Re: Details Announced: Lupin III Master File BD & DVD
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 01:58:43 am »
So how many people have ordered this?

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 03:02:45 am »
I bought it, 'cause I relatively understand good spoken Japanese and I read Lupin manga in original language (and databook too).

I will talk a lot about this when I receive it!
But why Miyazaki was so obsessed to draw this horrible fringle to Jigen in EVERY Lupin anime he did?
-----------------------------------------
I decided to strike for the recognition of Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko's sacrifice in The Castle of Cagliostro

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 08:48:48 am »
the way i figure it is because there is so Little content i will simply refer to the translation sheet ....

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 10:38:11 am »
I don't have the funds to order from Japan, but I can usually get the gist of what is spoken in raws. Out of curiosity, how much is this set going for in Yen?

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 11:49:56 pm »
I'm considering ordering myself a copy of this. Though I don't understand the language, I feel that unlike DVD's for the yearly Specials, these won't be around forever. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think these will linger around CDJapan and what-not for years. I'm just not sure if now is the right time for me to put down that chunk of change. I'm only a part-time cashier making my way through college.

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Stealing Japan for a Year
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 10:42:29 pm »
I would buy it, if I had a blu-ray player...

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 12:00:54 am »
I would buy it, if I had a blu-ray player...

Sam, it's also on DVD. I just can't imagine anyone WITH Blu-ray access wanting to buy it on that format.
-R. Nelson

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 12:02:34 am »
What about patronizing a site that, more or less, tells you everything you need to know about how to obtain a fansub?

To be fair to Luis, that thread is probably in serious disrepair and often plays host to more dead links than active ones. Missin' you, Geist!
-R. Nelson

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 12:05:54 am »
I'm assuming you're still grabbing the raw online from an unauthorized source like the rest of us though.
Actually, there are legal alternatives to catch a RAW. You can watch it live using a legal server like KeyHole TV.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:44:03 am by Gozar »

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 12:09:14 am »
I'm assuming you're still grabbing the raw online from an unauthorized source like the rest of us though.
Actually, there are legal alternatives to catch the a RAW. You can watch it live using a legal server like KeyHole TV.
I hadn't even considered that or I would've proposed it myself. Good call.
-R. Nelson

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2012, 01:21:56 am »
I calculated the blu-ray price. I may order this if I have the funds soon. I'm still up in the air. I opt for blu-ray due to it being an easier (but more expensive) format that I can watch on my computer. I don't have region free specifications on neither my DVD player nor my computer.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:26:54 pm by LadyLupin »

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2012, 12:22:56 pm »
Just got my DVD and BD sets. This was my first CDJapan order and I'm very pleasantly surprised at how well-packed everything was. The sets have a nice high-quality feel to them. The boxes are made of a pretty thick cardboard stock with a construction paper-ish feel, and unfold kind of like a jewelry box. Inside there's a ton of pamphlets and stuff.

Here are a couple pics of the sets -
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/lupinmasterfilesets.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/lupinmasterfileunfolded.jpg/

And an unboxing video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO3ZMXyTRgE

Some impressions of disc 1 -

I really like the original short - it's got some fine comedy, a great twist, and it looks outstanding in HD. The Lupin VIII pilot looks fantastic, although it's hurt a bit by Japanese subtitles being on the animation itself and not optional. There's also a commentary track, although I'm not sure who is in it. The 3DCG animation reminds me a lot of the Treasure of the Sorcerer King PS2 game cutscenes - the style used is about as perfect as you're going to get as far as staying true to the animation style and character designs in 3D. Well, outside of Fujiko - not a fan of her design in this. The voice acting featurette is pretty good, even without being able to understand Japanese. The only sad part was hearing Goro Naya - his voice is beyond shot and it sounded like it took everything he had to even record his voice for this. There's a really sweet part at the end where they hand the cast a bouquet of flowers at the end of the recording session and show a photo gallery of everyone with their flowers while a peaceful piano tune plays. It's an incredibly classy thing will definitely warm your heart a bit.

Disc 2 -

The left-most options brings up a history-of feature, which includes an interview with Monkey Punch and some photos of original storyboards. The pilot is shown, and there are clips of the first series that look outstanding - they really went all out to remaster that for HD. The chronological look at the franchise is pretty thorough and covers the three shows, the Fuma, Pycal, and Green vs. Red OVAs, and all the specials and movies. Then there's an OP/ED section and a preview for the Fujiko series showing off a ton of designs. It appears that Lupin will also be wearing a green jacket along with the blue one, and there will definitely be some nudity for the series judging by some of the drawings they showed.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:53:24 pm by MGFanJay »

sprak

• Cliff Hanger
    • Lupin III Encyclopedia
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2012, 01:45:57 pm »
Just got my DVD and BD sets. This was my first CDJapan order and I'm very pleasantly surprised at how well-packed everything was. The sets have a nice high-quality feel to them. The boxes are made of a pretty thick cardboard stock with a construction paper-ish feel, and unfold kind of like a jewelry box. Inside there's a ton of pamphlets and stuff.

Here are a couple pics of the sets -
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/lupinmasterfilesets.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/lupinmasterfileunfolded.jpg/

And an unboxing video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO3ZMXyTRgE

Mine is in theory out on the delivery truck; might be able to play with it tonight. Huzzah!

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2012, 02:18:48 pm »
That is some really nifty Monkey Punch artwork on the box.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2012, 04:11:22 pm »
The art behind the discs is nice as well, and I just noticed that the BDs have green trim where the red trim is on the DVD discs, so they really went all-out with the color coordination. Also, the little bags both came shipped in are godsends since they'll easily protect the set...as long as you're really careful putting in the bag with the wonky slip cover thing.