Author Topic: "The Complete First TV Series" DVD Pre-release Thread  (Read 26083 times)

FilmmakerJ

Re: "The Complete First TV Series" DVD Pre-release Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2012, 11:42:26 am »
My copy shipped today! It will be here in 5-10 business days. Suddenly I'm wishing I weren't so cheap on the shipping >.<

I'm curious who you ordered from; I ordered from discotek directly, but I haven't received any shipping confirmation. I'm more curious if Ryan's copy was shipped yet, since he's in Atlantic Canada as well.
A site called DVDPlanet.

But how can they ship your order already, when the series isn't even supposed to be out until tomorrow? If Discotek themselves aren't shipping out copies, how can a third party provider do that. I haven't even gotten another confirmation from Rightstuf in a while that they are still working on my order. So I'm a little confused.

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2012, 12:32:31 pm »
I find it odd that DVDPlanet has it on sale for $25, but nowhere else does.  :'(

Zilty

• [Member]
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2012, 02:17:42 pm »
Yeah, I guess ordering directly from discotek was a bad move. I should have just waited. :/

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2012, 02:35:46 pm »
My copy shipped today! It will be here in 5-10 business days. Suddenly I'm wishing I weren't so cheap on the shipping >.<

I'm curious who you ordered from; I ordered from discotek directly, but I haven't received any shipping confirmation. I'm more curious if Ryan's copy was shipped yet, since he's in Atlantic Canada as well.
A site called DVDPlanet.

But how can they ship your order already, when the series isn't even supposed to be out until tomorrow? If Discotek themselves aren't shipping out copies, how can a third party provider do that. I haven't even gotten another confirmation from Rightstuf in a while that they are still working on my order. So I'm a little confused.
Let us consider the possibility that DVDPlanet only shipped out their order early because they knew it wouldn't likely arrive before street date. Why can Amazon ship out video games a day early?
-R. Nelson

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2012, 02:51:42 pm »

A site called DVDPlanet.

Let us consider the possibility that DVDPlanet only shipped out their order early because they knew it wouldn't likely arrive before street date. Why can Amazon ship out video games a day early?

Well even then, how can they sell it for less than half of what they should? I mean I know each store can sell items as they wish, but they still have to get a certain amount back to Discotek, who in turn have to pay a certain amount back to TMS. So unless it was a sale, how can they make such a good deal?

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2012, 12:16:53 am »
Just depends on the number they ordered, their relationship with their distributor, their business' overhead, lots of factors.

DeepDiscount has it for a pretty low price, too, until the 30th (free shipping): http://www.deepdiscount.com/dvd/LUPIN-THE-3RD-COMPLETE-FIRST-SEASON-LUPIN-THE-3RD-COMPLETE-FIRST-SEASON-4

I've ordered from DeepDiscount in the past and had good experiences, but that hasn't been for many years now, so take that for whatever it's worth.
-R. Nelson

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2012, 12:42:31 am »
Got my copy today. Pristine condition. I haven't watched yet as I''m going to finish up a DVD set I'm in the middle of first. But I spot checked. The Video looks nice but what I'm more impressed with is how clear the audio sounds. For a 41 year old series, they cleaned that audio up so nicely.

Also, I'll admit, I couldn't help but have a huge grin when I saw my name on the Extras Menu!

SlackerWriter

• Stoic and Esoteric
  • Part of the Gang
  • There was a fish... in the percolator
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2012, 09:44:29 am »
My copy was shipped yesterday. Can't wait to get this set.

aalong64

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2012, 03:32:44 pm »
My copy came today. I haven't watched any of the episodes yet, because I've just been poring over the special features. You all did an amazing job with this set, it's beyond belief.

I love the occasional sarcasm and humour that keeps cropping up in the liner notes; they're not the dry sort you usually get on a DVD set. They are incredibly informative though!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:53:27 pm by aalong64 »

Zilty

• [Member]
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2012, 05:50:46 pm »
It Still hasn't even shipped yet.  I preordered a while ago, before I was aware of the third party discounts. Call me an idiot, but this is the first and last time I order from Discotek.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 05:53:20 pm by Zilty »

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
    • Lupin the 3rd Press
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2012, 06:35:46 pm »
Rightstuf has mine listed as processing, whatever that means.

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2012, 07:13:51 pm »
Mine shipped from Amazon yesterday - looking forward to going through some of it tomorrow afternoon.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2012, 08:53:34 pm »
Still looking for employment so I can buy this.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
    • Lupin the 3rd Press
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2012, 07:32:06 am »
Just got an email that mine has been shipped.