Author Topic: penguintruth arrives  (Read 2685 times)

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
penguintruth arrives
« on: March 20, 2012, 02:26:26 pm »
Hello.

I'm penguintruth, and I love Lupin III. He's my favorite manga/anime character.

I also frequent ANN, DaizenshuuEX (DBZ forums), and Funimation's forums. I even have my own anime blog and sprite comics.

My favorite jacket is red, my favorite Lupin is Yasuo Yamada, and my favorite English language Lupin is Tony Oliver.

All this recent ruckus (a new Lupin III TV series, Discotek releasing series 1) has drawn me to these forums.

Gold Demona

• Queen of the Easily Amused
  • Part of the Gang
    • My DeviantArt
Re: penguintruth arrives
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 04:08:19 pm »
Welcome to the forums, penguintruth.  :)
Hope you enjoy your stay.  8)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 05:59:03 pm »
Indeed, Ms. Demona. Penguin [of] Truth, we welcome you.

And I salute you too. I don't think your rant on the abysmal Tenchi OVA3 can be beaten. (Should we expect AstroNerdBoy to sign up just to contest this?)
-R. Nelson

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 07:14:01 pm »
My blood still boils thinking about that third OVA.  >:(

Er... but back to Lupin, I did an article some time ago about his exploits called "Sideburns and Stealing: Lupin III, The World's Greatest Thief". Unfortunately the people who go to my website don't seem to care much about Lupin III. Alas.

Oh, and Mr. Nelson, your commentary tracks for Fuma Conspiracy and Episode 0: First Contact were top notch.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:16:13 pm by penguintruth »

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 12:39:20 pm »
My blood still boils thinking about that third OVA.  >:(

Er... but back to Lupin, I did an article some time ago about his exploits called "Sideburns and Stealing: Lupin III, The World's Greatest Thief". Unfortunately the people who go to my website don't seem to care much about Lupin III. Alas.

Oh, and Mr. Nelson, your commentary tracks for Fuma Conspiracy and Episode 0: First Contact were top notch.

OVA3 is SO awful. I believe I shared my own thoughts with you about it in blog form on the ANN forums some time ago. But you broke it down so much more thoroughly than I could. (I like to think my article is what got you worked up enough to write the rant.)

I'll need to check out the "Lupin" article. Thanks for that info.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm enjoying working on the TV Series right now, although it is a time crunch to be doing so while in school and working. Don't expect a lot in the commentary department this time--recording an hour and thirty minutes is a lot different from...HOW many minutes is Part I in its entirety, now? I think there will be commentary but only on select episodes (i.e., the ones I personally liked best), and they may not be very episode-specific comments anyway. We'll just see how that pans out.
-R. Nelson

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 03:50:12 pm »
Any commentary at all will be appreciated.

Considering Lupin and all their other releases, Discotek is going to own me this year.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 03:56:24 pm »
I just know you've preordered both versions of Samurai Pizza Cats.
-R. Nelson

RedTail

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 05:43:45 am »
There are people who actually liked the third Tench OVA? Wow...