Author Topic: Lupin 2007 Fansub Released!  (Read 6119 times)

Jd-

• [Member]
Lupin 2007 Fansub Released!
« on: August 18, 2007, 12:02:43 pm »
The 2007 TV Special, "Kiri no Elusive", has finally been released! :O :O

It took a lot of work, but we finally finished it. It's out now and can be downloaded via torrent here:

http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-Kaizou%5D_Lupin_the_Third_-_Kiri_no_Elusive_%5BF13B36D9%5D.avi.torrent

(If, for some reason, one of you can't download it via torrent, I can give you a direct-download link from our ultra-fast FTP. However, the owner will kill me if we run him out of bandwidth, so let's reserve it for those who absolutely need it >.>)

The first thing you'll notice is we used the title "Kiri no Elusive" and I'll tell you why: It doesn't translate well to English :P.

The alternate titles considered:

The Foggy Elusive
The Elusive Fog
Elusive of (the) Fog
Elusiveness of the Fog

In essence, we went with "Kiri no Elusive" to capture all of those meanings since none of them in English really made sense from every angle; even if it worked from a few vantage points.

This was fansubbed by my group, KaizouFansubs, as a joint with Shinsen-Subs. It wouldn't have been possible without them, so much thanks to 'em :P.

Also much thanks to the world-renowned Reed-chan for his input and crazy shenanigans. I hope you all enjoy it!

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
Re: Lupin 2007 Fansub Released!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 06:47:33 pm »
*tears in eyes*...I've never been so happy in my entire life. :P

This is awesome, I cannot wait to Download this baby.

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 12:38:29 am »
Please forgive my ignorance, but how exactly do I download a torrent and make it work? It never seems to download for some reason. ???

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 03:52:05 am »
Wow, that was really fast!  Thanks for your efforts; they're much appreciated.

I spent the whole day downloading it, and though I won't watch it tonight, I did check out the obligatory opening chase.  Looks pretty cool, except I'm miffed that they seem to be using a slightly altered version of "Lupin the Third '78 (2002 version)" with extra horns playing near the end-- But this version isn't on the soundtrack! (which, incidentally, I plan to write a little review of when I have the time)

How come no one's done last year's special yet?  There's now a hole in my TV special collection!

Jd-

• [Member]
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 05:51:49 am »
Please forgive my ignorance, but how exactly do I download a torrent and make it work?

You'll need a torrent program, such as uTorrent. Here's a link: http://download.utorrent.com/1.7.2/utorrent.exe

How come no one's done last year's special yet?  There's now a hole in my TV special collection!

Heh, well, subtitling movies (especially with exceptional quality) is a very trying process. Perhaps we'll get around to it someday, but for now, I can just say "enjoy 2007".

If anyone needs a direct-download link after trying the torrent, just PM me. I only ask you don't spread the link around :P.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 03:30:53 pm »
The download was pretty darn fast. Only about 5 Hours. A Lupin Movie normally takes me 10-12 hrs.

But anyway I have yet to watch the Movie (I'm going to tonight) but just like Fujko Lover I did watch the Opening Chase. Very cool chase, though I wish Fujiko didn't cover herself up in the scenes right before it started :P. As for the Music, I was kind of hoping that they'd use the same version as in the 2006 Special since I've never seen that version actuially used in the Opening Chase. I've only heard the song. But oh well, the 2002 Version is probably my favorite version.

Nick Loc

• [Member]
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 05:25:09 pm »
wow this is great , downloading it right now !!

and its even fansubbed ! nice !!
<br />

Fujiko Lover

• Part of the Gang
    • Not A Hoax! Not A Dream! (my blog)
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 11:03:39 pm »
Heh, well, subtitling movies (especially with exceptional quality) is a very trying process. Perhaps we'll get around to it someday, but for now, I can just say "enjoy 2007".

Oh, I wasn't trying to sound ungrateful or anything.  As I said, I'm really appreciative of your efforts, and the fact that you got it out so soon.  I was really just trying to express my surprise that this one came out so quickly, while no one seems to have gotten to last year's special yet!

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 12:51:21 am »
i downloaded it last night and i watch it today it was awesome it had some good funny parts  :D
thanks for your hard work KaizouSeizo and Shinsen-Subs

Jd-

• [Member]
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 06:47:21 am »
i downloaded it last night and i watch it today it was awesome it had some good funny parts  :D
thanks for your hard work KaizouSeizo and Shinsen-Subs

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've watched it three times now and liked it more each time.

Oh, I wasn't trying to sound ungrateful or anything.  As I said, I'm really appreciative of your efforts, and the fact that you got it out so soon.  I was really just trying to express my surprise that this one came out so quickly, while no one seems to have gotten to last year's special yet!

Yep, I knew what ya meant. It's cool :P.

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 08:10:46 pm »
This is quite unexpected - thanks!  I expected the next Lupin torrent to be an S3 ep, but this is even better.

Jd-

• [Member]
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 06:02:53 pm »
Heh, I hope everyone enjoyed it, dunno what else to say.

If you have any comments on anything on the fansubbing side, please lemme know as I'm always open to feedback from the actual fans :P.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 11:58:00 pm »
Just wanted to say, I was very pleased to see that your Sub used "Pops" as opposed to "Old Man". That made me happy ^_^