Author Topic: Looking to Buy Lupin manga's  (Read 2787 times)

7thchamber

Looking to Buy Lupin manga's
« on: April 21, 2012, 10:02:12 pm »
Hi, Im wondering if anyone is looking to sell their lupin manga's?
I would like to buy vol 1-14, and wmw 1-? volumes.
Thanks  ;D

FilmmakerJ

Re: Looking to Buy Lupin manga's
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 01:39:54 am »
Hi, Im wondering if anyone is looking to sell their lupin manga's?
I would like to buy vol 1-14, and wmw 1-? volumes.
Thanks  ;D

I'd be a little skeptical about anyone on here willing to sell them back. Some vols. are actually not hard to come by, and yet others are. If someone was willing to sell, I can't say for sure that they'd be cheap.  :-\

A better bet for you is to do what I've been doing, because you will likely not get all 14 for quite a while. Amazon.com still has a few dozen copies of each manga, and at least 7 of them are below $10 if bought 'Used' (don't worry, they usually don't come in bad condition), not including the $3.99 for shipping on each. At least to get started, that would be a better bet.

7thchamber

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:41:04 am »
I see, thanks for heads up. Do the mangas go in a linear story or each vol random stories? Wondering if it matters if i start at vol 1.?

What is the difference of worlds most wanted to the ones without that title?

Do you suggest ones to start with?

Thanks

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 11:27:29 am »
Most chapters are self-contained, and there's not much of a continuity.  There are the occasional 2-3 part story arcs, though. Volume 1 is good for seeing the franchise's origins, and there's some classic stories there, like Lupin's prison escape and the debut of Pycal. But volume 2 is where it starts to find it's feet and gives more time to Jigen and the various Fujikos.

Lupin III is the original series. Lupin III: World's Most Wanted is the sequel. It has a more refined art style, features Lupin trotting all over the globe (as opposed to just mostly Japan) Fujiko's been distilled into a single character, and Zenigata gets a new partner in the form of Melon Cop. On the other hand, the stories aren't as experimental, there's more sexual content, and (and this is just my personal opinion) the overall quality isn't as consistent (but then again, I've only read up to volume 5).

Hope that helps.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

7thchamber

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 05:51:42 pm »
Very helpful info!
Thanks alot !  :D

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 03:38:48 am »
Ain't we all?

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 04:30:20 pm »
Ain't we all?

Ain't we all what? I can't tell what you're referring to.

If you're referring to nearly all of us wanting all the mangas, then yeah, at least I know I do. Which is why I was trying to warn 7thchamber that it would be a bit hard to get other die-hard fans to sell their mangas back. Not likely going to happen.

7thchamber

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 10:28:14 pm »
Ain't we all?

Ain't we all what? I can't tell what you're referring to.

If you're referring to nearly all of us wanting all the mangas, then yeah, at least I know I do. Which is why I was trying to warn 7thchamber that it would be a bit hard to get other die-hard fans to sell their mangas back. Not likely going to happen.

true, but was worth a shot. ;) 
Never know who is needing to make room or need extra cash and sell some of their collection..

djmasturbeat

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 02:02:37 pm »
well, I am guess even a lot of other people are  in my shoes.
Been wanting to start reading the manga, but wasn't sure what to do since so many are rare it seems
atleast now I think I will plunge for the ones that are available since they are mostly self-contained

was it just the first 2 manga series that were licensed and released in the US?

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 08:22:49 pm »
well, I am guess even a lot of other people are  in my shoes.
Been wanting to start reading the manga, but wasn't sure what to do since so many are rare it seems
atleast now I think I will plunge for the ones that are available since they are mostly self-contained

was it just the first 2 manga series that were licensed and released in the US?

Yes, because it started right before or right after Geneon put the Red Jacket series on Adult Swim. After that series went off the air, a few more volumes were licensed (I believe), and then eventually they just stopped around volume 10 of "World's Most Wanted." So those are the only two manga series to be released in the US.