Author Topic: Lupin the 3rd - Pandora's Legacy speedrun  (Read 5215 times)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Lupin the 3rd - Pandora's Legacy speedrun
« on: December 28, 2006, 06:38:29 pm »
Check it out on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2octlJ9E-c

Having played this game, I kind of enjoyed it. But now that I've seen that final stage, I think I'd change my tune if I had to review it from beginning to end. It really bothers me when games kind of leave you without any real clue where to go or where you are. Too many NES/Famicom games were culprits of this act. And Pandora's Legacy almost doesn't even have an excuse because they have speaking characters. Their information is so vague that it's useless for the player.

The actual gameplay is kind of a fun romp, though. Progressing through it can get frustrating, though, with all characters dying after one hit (except for Lupin when he has that vest thing).
-R. Nelson

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 02:28:18 pm »
hmm... i never played this game but i have playe the SNES one "Lupin the Third - Densetsu no Hihou o Oe!

Juno_Loire

• NO LONGER HERE
  • [Member]
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 08:08:54 pm »
The SNES game (Densetsu no Hooha, or whatever) is fun in it's own right, but it's not what I imagine a Lupin game to be. Then again, my ideal Lupin game is a topic in and of itself....

On topic, that speed run is bloody amazing. It took me several hours and much frustration to even get the hang of the game itself, let alone a proficiency with the controls and game. It's a pretty solid game itself, and undoubtedly (in my mind at least) the best Lupin game to date, although the new PS2 one looks damn fine. How that guy or gal managed to perfect the timing of every level to the point of pinpointing when exactly to jump and when not is just awe-inspiring. Tons of trial and error...man, that's dedicated fandom if ever a thing existed.

Cliff

• Part of the Gang
    • Bionic Monkey
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 01:34:07 am »
Wow...  after watching that, I'm glad I didn't try to get any further than I did.  I found the first level near-impossible, and the maze like qualities later on would have really frustrated me.  Oh well.  At least i got to see it. :)  Now if only someone would translate...  ;)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 02:59:47 pm »
Well, there IS an English ROM patch....

If only there was an easier way to read the ending. My very loose interpretation was that Clarisse was helping Fujiko all along. The last screen with Clarisse I couldn't quite follow. I'll have to watch it again.

They lost the bird-thing Fujiko was after anyway. haha :P
-R. Nelson

Cliff

• Part of the Gang
    • Bionic Monkey
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 08:21:00 pm »
Quote from: "Lupin the Third"
Well, there IS an English ROM patch....

even with that, I still couldn't make it past the first level.  :)

Nick Loc

• [Member]
Re: Lupin the 3rd - Pandora's Legacy speedrun
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 02:41:58 am »
wow i had trouble getting to the boss on the second level !

this guy rocked at this game hard ... musta took a lot of practice ... or a save rom emulator for quick loading

HOLY CRAP there is a car level !!?

im gonna have to beat this game now ...
<br />