Author Topic: Lupin minor news shorts thread  (Read 1882 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Lupin minor news shorts thread
« on: June 01, 2012, 11:12:00 pm »
Ulrika brought up a good point about having a thread for non-stories related to Lupin, but which count as news items. So I decided to create one, and Reed can pin it up.

Ulrika1120

• [Member]
  • 39-Year-Long Japanese Lupin Fan
    • Twitter
Re: Lupin minor news shorts thread
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 04:45:54 am »
Hi,
Thx.
I'll post small news not worth creating an independent thread here, next time I come up with one. :)
Yasuo Yamada, the Eternal Lupin III, Forever!!

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 04:52:11 am »
Just remember to remove old posts and then bump new additions, since double posting is frowned upon here.

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 10:44:27 pm »
Just remember to remove old posts and then bump new additions, since double posting is frowned upon here.

Definitely. And also keep all of the rules in mind, especially when sharing media. =D

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 01:07:18 am »
I've actually banked on this for a while, but there is now a good confirmed chance that Bennett the Sage, from That Guy With The Glasses, will review the original Lupin the 3rd movie releases.

He has a review series called "Anime Abandon," where he has been reviewing tons of crappy anime releases from the 1990s; like Vampire Wars, Mad Bull 34, Doomed Megalopolis, and now Devil Hunter Yohko. He is also a confirmed "Lupin the 3rd" fan. So there is a good chance he'll get to some Lupin, and maybe even some Dirty Pair, which I am also personally looking forward to. ;D

Likely he will not review "The Castle of Cagliostro" unless he reviews the Streamline copy as opposed to the early Manga version, even though his cutoff date for reviews is 2003. Because then he could complain how the terrible dub by Carl Macek made it a completely annoying mess for those of us who have seen the later dub.  :o :P

More likely than that though, he will review "The Mystery of Mamo" because of how bat-$#!t crazy it is. And so picking up the VHS for the first time might be a really crazy adventure. I can't see him reviewing "Gold of Babylon," however, because everything he has reviewed thus far has been dubbed, he'd have to do all the talking and hope that everyone reads the subtitles for the entire review if he did comment on it. And lastly he could also talk about "The Fuma Conspiracy" and it's terrible dub. So maybe if he gets around to Lupin, he may even do a month of Lupin so he can review all three/four. But that's just a high hope. ;D ;D 8)

I have a feeling he will do it though and he should get around to the original "Dirty Pair: Project Eden" movie, which I'm sure has many wonderful things to make fun of. I own two copies of it, and it is some crazy bull I'll tell ya.  ;)

Here's the recent Q+A he had at FanimeCon, where the very first question concerns Lupin : http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/the-sage/specials/35444-fanimecon-2012-qaa
(there is also apparently someone dressed as Lupin in the back of the room)