Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE:Discotek licenses "Mamo," plans to include all 4 English dubs!  (Read 25879 times)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:44:13 pm by Reed »
-R. Nelson

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
OMG, I hope it's true! That was the edition I want absolutely for 'Mamo' and I hope that one day, the same edition will be edited in France for the two dubs (especially the 1981) and the Cagliostro French dubs (1982, 1996 and 2005)!
But why Miyazaki was so obsessed to draw this horrible fringle to Jigen in EVERY Lupin anime he did?
-----------------------------------------
I decided to strike for the recognition of Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko's sacrifice in The Castle of Cagliostro

Cliff

• Part of the Gang
    • Bionic Monkey
Secret of Mamo with all 4 English dubs included.

Details here: http://lupinthethird.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=94:exclusive-discotek-licenses-qthe-secret-of-mamoq&catid=1:latest

Thanks for the shout-out Reed!  But seriously, all the praise should go to you for pushing me to finally finish this project.  :D  If anyone caught the screening at the C/FO last month, the '78 dub you saw there is the same work that will be here. 

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
sprak: Yeah, we know there's a lot of 'em, but no "definitive" version of Mamo in R1. Though if Mamo does wind up on Blu-Ray here, I imagine they'll add the commentary to give you a reason to get it. Anyway, this is the one we should've gotten ten years ago, so I got no problems double-dipping on it.

victory: I'm totally confused about the status of Mangle and Cagliostro. They said they lost the rights, but their parent company, Starz, is still streaming the film. And red jacket is a pain in the ass to invest time and resources in to put out a release like the green jacket. So it's not happening soon. But yeah, anything else with a dub will probably take priority, and then Babylon, because the script's already been done by Animeigo.

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
  • I happen to be very knowledgeable at this!
Yay I was right! I can't wait to pick this up and hear a HQ version of the 78 dub finally! I'm probably going to do something crazy and watch all four english dubs in a week to be able to call out the differences and see what each one does differently (because I'm a nerd like that)  ;D.

Porchops

Ok, I'm totally buying this now.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:54:37 pm by Porchops »

sprak

• Cliff Hanger
    • Lupin III Encyclopedia
Details here: http://lupinthethird.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=94:exclusive-discotek-licenses-qthe-secret-of-mamoq&catid=1:latest

*sigh* While the four dubs are cool, I really don't need another copy of this film on my shelf. Can't we license something else for once?

That said, kudos for someone finally doing this.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
sprak: Well, I'm hoping Lady Liberty's next.

FilmmakerJ

OMG this is glorious. If they release this on Bluray with all four English dubs I will near crap my pants. I hope its not more than $40 though. But ill buy it either way. Cause I've tried to get all three available dubs, but the UK dvd had to screw that all up. So thank u Discotek for being awesome.

And yes, I want Lady Liberty next too, because I want to have that goofy William Dufris performance in my official collection. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:17:44 am by FilmmakerJ »

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
Outstanding news. I'm still blown away by how clear Pioneer's DVD is, but I'm hoping they get an even cleaner print for this. What a great way to start a birthday. Super-definitive R1 version of my favorite Lupin movie.

TheLiberator

• [Member]
This is an American Lupin fan's wet dream.  ;D I was thinking that if Discotek released Mamo on DVD, they would only include the Streamline and Geneon dubs. And I'm quite impressed there actually is going to be a restoration of the JAL dub. I noticed on the front page of this site that the main source of the audio is an edited Italian DVD. Why does the Italian DVD have the JAL dub on it?

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
I noticed on the front page of this site that the main source of the audio is an edited Italian DVD. Why does the Italian DVD have the JAL dub on it?

Because this DVD has also the second Italian dub from 1986 which was broadcasting on TV with a important lot of censorship; this Italian dub is the most prefered from the fans in Italy, especially because we can hear the famous voice casting with Roberto del Giudice. The translation is supposed to be based from the JAL dub, even if I think it's probably most from the first French dub from 1981. The dialogs are very close to this French dub (which is already adapted from the JAL dub).

That's why the publisher DeAgostini proposed this second Italian dub with the JAL dub (but not the first French dub, because this one is prohibited). I don't know from where comes this JAL dub version on the Italian DVD, because I don't have a copy. The only good copy I have from the JAL dub is the Swedish tape from 1985...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:43:16 am by veggie 11 »
But why Miyazaki was so obsessed to draw this horrible fringle to Jigen in EVERY Lupin anime he did?
-----------------------------------------
I decided to strike for the recognition of Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko's sacrifice in The Castle of Cagliostro

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
sorry but even as a big fan having already owned the madman pressing on dvd i doubt il get this again on dvd, blu ray on the other hand hint hint !

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
Yes please! I want all four dubs. Awesomesauce.

FilmmakerJ

Yes please! I want all four dubs. Awesomesauce.

Has any foreign production or anime had this many English dubs?

On top of that, does anyone know if Lupin holds the prize for the most dub actors and dubbing teams playing the same characters in a single language?