Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE:Discotek licenses "Mamo," plans to include all 4 English dubs!  (Read 25878 times)

lupinthewolf

• Part of the Gang
Re: EXCLUSIVE:Discotek licenses "Mamo," plans to include all 4 English dubs!
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2012, 10:51:27 pm »
<<Wait, so the USA Blu-Ray of Arrietty has both the UK and USA dub, is this confirmed?>>

No, it's not.  The only thing the USA Blu-Ray has is the Disney dub.  The UK dub is not on there.  Not that I mind, though, I liked the Disney dub of Arrietty just fine, although I am curious about the UK dub.
I've seen both dubs and prefer the UK one. It feels like a more faithful adaptation than Disney's and the personalities of the characters aren't dumbed down. Arrietty herself is less stuck-up and more naive, and the motivations of the housekeeper (Haru) come off as less sinister. Also, Sho/Sean sounds like his age. The sound design and voice acting are a little weak, but it feels more authentic. It's too bad Disney didn't license it for the American release. 

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2012, 01:45:18 am »
Mamo's now officially available for pre-order on Right Stuf.

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2013, 08:25:49 pm »
Mamo's now officially available for pre-order on Right Stuf.

Well that was pretty darn early for Discotek, they don't even have a pre-order on their own website. Well I just pre-ordered it on Amazon since I know I'll be getting a good deal compared to RightStuf. Besides, Amazon will charge me less if they decide to make it cost less.