Author Topic: Greetings from Robert (and my history with Lupin)  (Read 1961 times)

RobertTheGamer

• A Lupin fan from that land of Fosters and Bruces.
  • Part of the Gang
    • RobertTheGamer
Greetings from Robert (and my history with Lupin)
« on: July 19, 2012, 11:08:33 am »
Hello my name is Robert, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been a big fan of Lupin The 3rd, ever since I saw The Castle of Cagliostro on the free to air multi-cultural channel SBS in the late 90s. My family would usually watch or record anime on SBS, every since the nation-wide airing of Evangelion made it the new hot thing.

It was the first anime feature film I ever saw and was blown away by the fact that an animated film could have action and plot on par with a Hollywood blockbuster.

But because I was 7 or 8 when I saw it, my young mind couldn't wrap around the idea of Lupin saving the Princess, but not having an relationships with her afterwards. I still remember asking my mother "Why doesn't he marry her?" and my mother replied "Do you think a guy like him wants to be tied down by a woman."

Unfortunately being a Lupin The 3rd fan in Australia is quite difficult, since outside The Castle of Cagliostro, Secret of Mamo and Goodbye Lady Liberty, there hasn't been any other Lupin The 3rd content localised. As former Prime Minister Paul Keating once said "(Australia is at) the a**e end of the world".

But thanks to the internet, my region free DVD player and the Australian dollar now being stronger than the USA dollar. I've been able to aquire just about every Lupin the 3rd DVD sold in Europe and America. Expanding my enjoyment of all things Lupin The 3rd.

Anyway, I hope to be a fun contributor to this forum.
"A stranger, is just a friend you haven't exploited yet" - Bob Monkhouse

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
Re: Greetings from Robert (and my history with Lupin)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 11:39:56 am »
Hi and welcome!! Nice story!

What DVDs do you own, btw?

RobertTheGamer

• A Lupin fan from that land of Fosters and Bruces.
  • Part of the Gang
    • RobertTheGamer
Re: Greetings from Robert (and my history with Lupin)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 08:21:40 pm »
From Australia -

- The Castle of Cagliostro - Special Edition DVD (Streamline Dub)
- The Secret of Mamo DVD (Pioneer Dub)

From UK -

- The Castle of Cagliostro (Manga USA Dub)

From Spain -

- Goodbye Lady Liberty (Manga UK dub, unfortunately no English subs)

From USA -

- All of Discotek's releases (currently waiting for my copy of the Part 1/Green Jacket collection to arrive from the States)
- All of the Funimation specials and movies (individual cases, not the Haul packs).
- I only have one of Pioneer's Part II DVDs, the first volume. I'm divided on whether I want to make the shelf space for the other 14.
"A stranger, is just a friend you haven't exploited yet" - Bob Monkhouse