Author Topic: FUNimation licenses "The Woman Called Fujiko Mine" (BD+DVD pack out Aug 20,'13)  (Read 100627 times)

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
I never liked Spike Spencer's Shinji Ikari. He's a wild exaggeration, a garish parody of the character. But I guess Oscar is pretty over the top.

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
Blu-ray would be awesomesauce. I kind of already knew about this, but I kept it to myself until FUNi made their announcement to protect Sonny's job. FUNi is particular about things like that.

Wait Sonny told you they picked up the show? Man you have some awesome connections!  :P But if that's true then it should be obvious who is going to be voicing him in this dub.

Can't wait to hear more of his awesome -not nerdy- Lupin voice then. I really don't think you guys would have this problem if you would stop hearing Krillin whenever he spoke. I love DBZ as much as anyone but I don't think Picollo when I hear Funi's Jigen...well at least not all the time. Just as you shouldn't with his Lupin.

No, but he strongly hinted it to me. I know Sonny personally because I run several websites for him. Basically, I told him I figured it out, but would keep quiet until FUNi made the official announcement. Had I said anything before and they caught wind of it, Sonny could have lost his job.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:03:30 pm by LadyLupin »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
It was pretty obvious FUNi had the home vid license, because if they didn't, we would've seen the show streamed online a lot sooner. Though I imagine the actual news wasn't declared until TMS decided a date which was in line with its aversion to reverse-importation.

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
YeP. I too expected that to happen, Gatsu. Didn't something similar happen with Panty and Stocking?

hardware

• Part of the Gang
    • BryanRollins.com
kinda wish they'd had gotten the broadcast rights as well
Adult Swim could have used some help with their new fake Toonami
my upcoming comic: http://mgrnts.tumblr.com/

Mr.Lupin

• Old-school Superfan
Good I can finally watch it , if it's as nicely done as Panty Stocking and Garterbelt box set, we all will have something to look forward to.  Oh and did anyone catch the Cagliostro homage in one of the episodes?

Jackson_H

• Part of the Gang
    • BehindtheVoiceActors
kinda wish they'd had gotten the broadcast rights as well
Adult Swim could have used some help with their new fake Toonami

Probably wouldn't be picked up since Part II's ratings were bad IIRC. Plus they'd have to censor all those nipples. If the new Toonami was cool with airing a censored version they probably would've picked up High School of the Dead, Sekirei or Freezing.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Nothing new, but I notice FUNi likes to give exclusive omake through Right Stuf for people who pre-order. So I'll try to give you a heads up if that happens.

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
  • I happen to be very knowledgeable at this!
Way to plan "a year until we get new info" ahead. Seriously I don't expect to get it anytime soon because the Japanese release has to make it's sales before the much cheaper US edition comes and from Japan begin reverse importing it.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
I'd say a U.S. release date should be known within the next six months, because again, TMS wants Lupin to succeed in America.

Mr.Lupin

• Old-school Superfan
Just got my weekly PlayAsia email store update.  AWCMF Blu Ray box is going for $241.00 american .  Pretty expensive for 13 half hour episodes , no?

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
By Japanese price-gouging standards, it's pretty normal.  8) And don't forget S+H and tax.  ;)

FlippytheMaster

• Part of the Gang
By Japanese price-gouging standards, it's pretty normal.  8) And don't forget S+H and tax.  ;)
Ah yes, the wonderful business practices of anime studios. Remind me why I'm a fan of this stuff again?
At least I'll never have to import anything... I hope.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Flippy: Only if you're not a Macross Frontier fan.

FlippytheMaster

• Part of the Gang
Flippy: Only if you're not a Macross Frontier fan.
Crap. That's on my list...