Author Topic: Hello! New member from Atlanta, GA here!  (Read 2183 times)

Luna Selene

• Part of the Gang
Hello! New member from Atlanta, GA here!
« on: August 13, 2012, 10:30:12 pm »
Hi everyone!

I'm Luna Selene, or Rachel, and I'm new to the Lupin the Third forums. I'm not entirely new to Lupin, as I watched random episodes of red jacket when it was on Adult Swim, but really only started on the movies/OVAs/Specials this year, as well as Discotek's green jacket release and The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. I still need to see all of the red and pink jacket series and some of the TV specials, so I might not be as knowledgeable as the rest of you! While it seems to be a very unpopular opinion around here, my favorite character is Fujiko.

I've been an anime fan for nearly 13 years now, with Cowboy Bebop, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (or any of the UC series, really), Maison Ikkoku, and Ranma 1/2 being some of my favorites for years. New favorites include Cutey Honey, Higurashi/Umineko no Naku Koro ni, and Tiger & Bunny. I'm also into sci-fi TV series, Harry Potter, comic books, and lots of other geeky things.

My main hobby is cosplay, and so Lupin III cosplay is inevitable. I have Fujiko's catsuit and her red coat outfit from The Woman Called Fujiko Mine planned for Anime Weekend Atlanta this year (they're also having a 45 years of Lupin III panel. If you're going, check it out!). I'll be at Dragon*Con as well, but won't have Lupin III outfits there. If you're attending either of these conventions, let me know! I'd love to meet more Lupin fans, both here and in person.

I'll go ahead and leave you with some cosplay photos. Julia from Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorite costumes to wear: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s720x720/582342_846640224070_523950905_n.jpg . I also have a work in progress shot of my red coat Fujiko, located here: http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/528155_877178195730_150568765_n.jpg . I've got a lot of work on altering the jacket and styling my wig to do.

Anyway, I'm eager to meet all of you!

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
  • I happen to be very knowledgeable at this!
Re: Hello! New member from Atlanta, GA here!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 10:53:07 pm »
Yay another GA fan! That makes three including you me and J. But I live further north.

Anyways nice to meet you! Great Cosplay btw!

Luna Selene

• Part of the Gang
Re: Hello! New member from Atlanta, GA here!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:48:10 pm »
Oh, wonderful! I didn't know there were more of us here in GA. I guess we must only turn up for Anime Weekend Atlanta. I mill over the Lupin movies for rent in my local comic shop but they don't seem to be checked out much. I'd rent them, but it's a bit of a drive for me to return them.

Nice to meet you too! And thanks for the compliment. I haven't really gotten into any merch yet as I really wanted to do at least two Fujiko costumes this year (and probably two more of her dresses next year...) but there's always DVDs, manga, and figures I hope to acquire and share here. My costumes are pretty much my way of representing the fandom.