Author Topic: Lupin III Part II TV Series Streaming on HULU  (Read 12851 times)

Jackson_H

• Part of the Gang
    • BehindtheVoiceActors
Lupin III Part II TV Series Streaming on HULU
« on: August 15, 2012, 05:52:46 pm »
http://www.hulu.com/lupin-the-third-part-2

6 episodes so far (somebody, maybe Discotek has the license?)

Americans only unfortunately

Originally posted in Lupin the links thread but FilmmakerJ convinced me to make a separte thread.  ;D

Newsworthy enough? :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:38:54 pm by Jackson_H »

FilmmakerJ

Re: Lupin III Part II TV Series Streaming on HULU
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 06:00:40 pm »
Yes, lol, thank you Jackson. :)

I figured something like this shouldn't go under the radar since not everyone on this forums has seen the Red Jacket series, or at least hasn't seen all of the English dubbed episodes. So since someone, likely TMS themselves, has kindly offered to provide a Streaming version of it, this would give fans an opportunity to finally check out the quint-essential Lupin series.

Let's just hope they don't stop adding episodes after #25 or something.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 06:56:14 pm »
OMG! Are you serious?! 0_0

First, I'm JUST finding out about the Geneon "Secret of Mamo" dub being on the site (when looking at the thread) and now this?! ...This has been a good week so far. :D I do hope we get to see all the first 79 episodes that were dubbed. I've only gotten to see up to at least 64.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 07:00:49 pm »
Figured it would happen eventually. Most likely, it'll just be whatever's already been subbed. I hope we don't get stuck with those godawful UTB disasters, but it wouldn't surprise me, if TMS did it.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 07:11:51 pm »
@Jackson_H:

First off, THANK YOU for the news!

Also, to answer the question you asked under "Lupin the Links", I just checked since I already had an account on the site (you'll have to sign/log in, in order to see the series) and it's only the English dub by Geneon. To me, that's a plus.

But, I'm really glad that you had brought the news to us about this. Now my friend who is a newcomer to Lupin can finally watch the episodes. :D

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 07:18:25 pm »
They'll make money either way, but I wouldn't be surprised if TMS wasn't trying to offload those excess Lupin discs already in Region 1. I wonder if FUNi will follow up with the '93-2000 specials on Hulu.

Edit: BTW, can someone forward TMS the dubbed Miyazaki episodes from Streamline, so those can be uploaded, too? I'd personally love to find an address to send my copy of the UK dub of Goodbye Lady Liberty.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:45:18 pm by GATSU »

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
  • I happen to be very knowledgeable at this!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 08:55:47 pm »
Yay! Maybe TMS will upload the ghost dubs at some point. If I didn't have all of series 2's dub already I'd be super excited now.

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 10:13:58 pm »
I wish the rest of the show had been dubbed (hopefully with fewer localizations).

Who wouldn't want to hear the Phuuz cast in all the glorious episodes of utter nonsense in the middle of the series, like the penguin episode?

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 10:16:10 pm »
I wish the rest of the show had been dubbed (hopefully with fewer localizations).

Who wouldn't want to hear the Phuuz cast in all the glorious episodes of utter nonsense in the middle of the series, like the penguin episode?

I'm sorry, "Phuuz cast?" ???

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 10:19:17 pm »
Phuuz is who Genenon paid to dub the show J. Come on man you gotta know these things!  :P

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 10:26:02 pm »
Phuuz is who Genenon paid to dub the show J. Come on man you gotta know these things!  :P

Well I would think if I don't already know it, this is the most likely place where I will learn about it. Cause some of you guys have contacts in the business and channels to go through that I would never get myself.

But, now I know, so thanks. :D

I just always referred to them as the Geneon cast or the Pioneer cast. Once you guys start referring to them by a company that's not even mentioned on the box-art, some people might start getting confused.

So what's the story on Phuuz anyway? What else have they done?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:28:49 pm by FilmmakerJ »

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 10:48:50 pm »
I know they did the Bobobo dub but other than that...I don't really know.

Fake edit : Oh look here's a wikipedia page for them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unbound_Creative,_Inc.

penguintruth

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 04:06:36 am »
A simple scan of the ANN Encyclopedia page for the show will reveal things such as ADR Production for the dub. You're never curious as to who played who in a dub or who directed it and such?

I mean, Hellsing box art doesn't say that it was dubbed by New Generation Pictures and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex doesn't say it was dubbed by Animaze (well, in the credits it probably does). I make it my business to know these things as an anime fan.

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 12:05:16 pm »
A simple scan of the ANN Encyclopedia page for the show will reveal things such as ADR Production for the dub. You're never curious as to who played who in a dub or who directed it and such?

I mean, Hellsing box art doesn't say that it was dubbed by New Generation Pictures and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex doesn't say it was dubbed by Animaze (well, in the credits it probably does). I make it my business to know these things as an anime fan.

Well the thing about it is: I am not just an anime fan, I am a fan of everything.

I'm a Film Buff, a Film Snob, a Cartoon fan-boy and an Otaku rolled into one. I do have an interest to learn information about all of these thing all the time because I want to become an extremely well rounded Film Director someday; but that doesn't mean I actually spend every day thinking about it, trying to figure out who did what. I will only do that if I'm really curious about it and it's worth my time investigating.

I regularly spend my time working on dozens of personal projects from artwork to videos to photography, as well as trying to watch at least one movie I have never seen before every day or every other day. These things are more important to me at the moment than figuring out what independent company did the actual grunt work of dubbing something that Pioneer distributed. But if the mood strikes me, I will look it up because I'm curious.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:28:22 pm by FilmmakerJ »

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 03:11:31 pm »
Guys, I would be immensely surprised if any dubs exist past 79.

Secondly, odd that they're uploading them in DVD release order; the episode numbers are all skewed now (Episode 3 has been omitted and will probably show up as 27, like it did on the DVDs, at which point all further numbers should be correct (I hope).
-R. Nelson