Author Topic: Lupin III Part II TV Series Streaming on HULU  (Read 12852 times)

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Re: Lupin III Part II TV Series Streaming on HULU
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 03:30:23 pm »
Reed: Why are you surprised about the episode order? They don't want to sort 'em out. They do enough of that in Japan. They just want their Hulu ad money.  8)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:33:22 pm by GATSU »

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 04:05:04 pm »
Guys, I would be immensely surprised if any dubs exist past 79.

Secondly, odd that they're uploading them in DVD release order; the episode numbers are all skewed now (Episode 3 has been omitted and will probably show up as 27, like it did on the DVDs, at which point all further numbers should be correct (I hope).
Reed: Why are you surprised about the episode order? They don't want to sort 'em out. They do enough of that in Japan. They just want their Hulu ad money.  8)

Besides, there's no ongoing story between any of the episodes as far as I've seen. And if episode 3 did turn up as episode 27 on the DVD releases by Geneon, I never noticed; and I usually do when something is out of order. So in the grand scheme of things, it's not going to hurt anyone's enjoyment.

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 06:40:49 pm »

I'm not surprised, just disappointed. And yeah, I imagine your tongue-in-cheek assessment isn't too far off from the truth.
-R. Nelson

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
  • I happen to be very knowledgeable at this!
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 07:03:25 pm »
Guys, I would be immensely surprised if any dubs exist past episode 79

Hey have faith in the power of the dub! I don't think Epcar was lying about there being more episodes I mean there's been a lot of times where there are more episodes dubbed than they had released.

@J All of Red Jacket sans two two parters are standalone.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 10:31:08 pm »
Those could be dubs which didn't take, and Geneon deleted 'em. Though if they did exist, I'd imagine finding them would require a lot of basement-raiding.

FlippytheMaster

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 07:49:13 pm »
Really hoping they upload more episodes! I wonder why only 6 have been put up. What could be the reasoning for that?

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 09:25:48 pm »
They either don't have the DVDs on them or they're seeing if it's worth the trouble [I.E., are enough people watching it on Hulu?] to look for the remaining DVDs. Another factor is they appear to be using the R2 masters with the English dubs, and since that To Be Or Nazi Be ep was released out of order, it makes it a lot more difficult to keep track of episodes.

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 09:51:46 pm »
They either don't have the DVDs on them or they're seeing if it's worth the trouble [I.E., are enough people watching it on Hulu?] to look for the remaining DVDs. Another factor is they appear to be using the R2 masters with the English dubs, and since that To Be Or Nazi Be ep was released out of order, it makes it a lot more difficult to keep track of episodes.

Well at the very least, there is a chance they will put up a fair amount of episodes so that people don't have to start paying through the nose to check it out. The Pioneer/Geneon DVDs are starting to get very hard to buy, except maybe the first 3 through Rightstuf.

FlippytheMaster

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 10:35:32 am »

Well at the very least, there is a chance they will put up a fair amount of episodes so that people don't have to start paying through the nose to check it out. The Pioneer/Geneon DVDs are starting to get very hard to buy, except maybe the first 3 through Rightstuf.
I certainly hope they do that. It seems to me more likely than somebody else releasing the rest of Red Jacket on DVD... It would be pretty spectacular if Discotek got the license, though, since I was really impressed with their Green Jacket set.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 07:47:03 pm »
Not sure if you guys have noticed, but just in case it wasn't mentioned, I wanted to say that I just recently went back to the Hulu page and they now have up to half of Season 2! Looks like people are watching after all or something. Either way, I think this is good progress. :D

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 09:02:15 pm »
Not sure if you guys have noticed, but just in case it wasn't mentioned, I wanted to say that I just recently went back to the Hulu page and they now have up to half of Season 2! Looks like people are watching after all or something. Either way, I think this is good progress. :D

WELL, this IS good news.
Guess there are more casual fans out there than we may have anticipated. It could also be many of the new "Fujiko Mine" fans checking out the older titles in the franchise.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 10:08:55 pm »
Wasn't sure "To Be Or Nazi Be" would make it.

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
  • I happen to be very knowledgeable at this!
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 11:52:02 pm »
Wasn't sure "To Be Or Nazi Be" would make it.

You guys keep acting like that episode is super edgy and offensive when it's really not that bad. I don't think it will leave a bad impression on people anymore than Lupin yelling "Heil Hitler!" in Mamo.

And besides, screw censorship.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:52:36 pm by victorystar »

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 04:24:40 am »
True. There are more tasteless Nazi-related jokes in South Park than there ever were in that episode, and SP gets a pass. But Geneon wanted to sell Lupin to the DBZ/YuGiOh crowd, so that ep got axed. But it could be worse. Imagine being the person assigned to these shows to American audiences.

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 06:48:46 am »
there are quite a few eps that are 2 parters - 3 parters and even 4 parters.