Author Topic: Lupin III Part II TV Series Streaming on HULU  (Read 12881 times)

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
  • I happen to be very knowledgeable at this!
Re: Lupin III Part II TV Series Streaming on HULU
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 08:23:48 am »
there are quite a few eps that are 2 parters - 3 parters and even 4 parters.
Except there aren't any 3 or 4 parters bud. The only two parters we have are Kooki Kabuki and Lupin, Whom I loved. I mean seriously just check any episode list guide and you'll see that. Or ask anyone who has seen every episode (like me) and they'll tell you there are no 3 or 4 parters. There's not even a continuous story in Red Jacket so you can't even technically say these things are 3 and 4 parters because they were being built up for that long. I mean come on man.

Well unless you've been watching some new Lupin show the rest of us haven't seen yet which in that case. Why aren't you sharing?  :'(
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:11:35 am by victorystar »

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 03:51:31 am »
i just recall seeing overlapping story arcs  when i last watched the red jacket ( late last year)

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
  • I happen to be very knowledgeable at this!
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 10:21:40 am »
Well just rewatch it again and you'll see there aren't any. I wished the show had some story arcs and such too (even though I can't see how Lupin would manage such a thing unless it's like a movie except split into four parts) but we just have to live with the fact that they don't exist in Red Jacket or any of the three original series.

FlippytheMaster

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 11:17:33 am »
Looks like there's 35 episodes now! According to Hulu it's got all of seasons 1 and 2 and part of season 3.
I'll be glad when they get all of the dubs up there. Wonder if they'll release the rest sub-only--I personally doubt it, but it'd be better than just stopping I guess.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 04:18:52 pm »
If they wanna release the rest, they gotta pay someone to give it proper subs, or, if we're lucky, use the ghost dubs. And the former ain't likely to happen unless there are DVDs planned.

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 06:48:57 pm »
They could just use the subs from when it aired on TV in California.
That's pretty much what they gave Discotek for the first series.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 11:37:37 pm »
Those subs have really bad grammatical errors. Discotek may have used 'em as a reference, but they also had to correct 'em to make sense.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2012, 05:11:11 pm »
OMG!!! This becoming a miracle!

WE'RE UP TO 52 EPISODES, GUYS! :D They even have my absolute favorite on there, "Cruisin' in Drag"! Looks like we're going to see that 79 episode count after all if this keeps up! I'm so psyched!  ;D

Besides, I've always wanted to watch "Baton Death March" in English. I only got the last few episodes that were released on DVD in Japanese since I got it from a Japanese import store in Georgia a few years back. So, I'm definitely happy to see this happening. Not to mention, all fans and casual watchers who haven't seen the series for so long on [Adult Swim] can finally enjoy it and those others who never seen/knew about the other episodes past the same re-aired 26 can experience the best of Part 2.

2012 has been a great year to be a Lupin fan. :')

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2012, 05:56:36 pm »
Yea, Hulu is getting a lot of good and obscure content recently. They have the whole first series of Monster Rancher up on there, and hell that never seen a DVD release past episode 5 and aired way back on fox kids in the early 90's.

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2012, 08:23:19 pm »
OMG!!! This becoming a miracle!

WE'RE UP TO 52 EPISODES, GUYS! :D They even have my absolute favorite on there, "Cruisin' in Drag"! Looks like we're going to see that 79 episode count after all if this keeps up! I'm so psyched!  ;D

Besides, I've always wanted to watch "Baton Death March" in English. I only got the last few episodes that were released on DVD in Japanese since I got it from a Japanese import store in Georgia a few years back. So, I'm definitely happy to see this happening. Not to mention, all fans and casual watchers who haven't seen the series for so long on [Adult Swim] can finally enjoy it and those others who never seen/knew about the other episodes past the same re-aired 26 can experience the best of Part 2.

2012 has been a great year to be a Lupin fan. :')

You bet yer ass it has!  ;D and 2013 looks even better.

I knew it was a good call to make this news it's own thread.