Author Topic: So yeah.  (Read 2804 times)

Dragoon En Regalia

• Dill Pycal Salesman
  • Part of the Gang
  • Goes to the Discotek a lot.
    • Youtube Channel
So yeah.
« on: August 31, 2012, 08:17:45 pm »
I've been a regular anime poster on the forum NeoGAF for quite a while now, but I never bothered to register my account here.

I'm a North Texas Lupin fan
Gic.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
Re: So yeah.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:40:03 pm »
Welcome to our little corner of the Lupin fandom! Glad you could make it!
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Dragoon En Regalia

• Dill Pycal Salesman
  • Part of the Gang
  • Goes to the Discotek a lot.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 11:35:21 pm »
Seems to me like the biggest corner of the fandom, lol. The most active, at the least.

As I said: I'm going to go see Yamamoto and Sato at a local Dallas convention, which should give me plenty to talk about. Though I'm not expecting to see that much Lupin fandom there, I should be able to finally purchase the First Series box-set from Discotek. Another reason for me to go!
Gic.

lupinIIImusic

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 08:48:40 am »
Hey there  :D

Welcome to the forums. I'm pretty new here as well. Hope you enjoy it and have fun at the convention!

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 01:22:50 pm »
Welcome aboard. Nice to have a fellow GAFfer along for the ride.
-R. Nelson

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 02:14:22 pm »
Though I was first introduced to Lupin through the Manga dub of Cagliostro,

Wasn't every-(freaking)-body.  ;D :P

Naw, as you can tell from the poll we took, not everybody was; but it seems that that is always an in point, at least it will be now because it's the only film that is well known enough anymore in the franchise for people to get sucked in by. Especially since it's a Miyazaki work.

If you are a big Lupin fan, this is likely going to be the best place to situate yourself. We have the tip-top people currently in the Lupin fandom; including the two guys who run "Lupin Has 3 Jacket" Podcast. Reed Nelson, who has close ties with Discotek and helps them with much of what they do with setting up the Lupin releases with worthy content. And we have more than enough people running around looking for all the latest news from Japan on how the franchise is progressing with TMS. So this literally is the best corner of the fandom. I would suspect that the other 3 corners are populated by people who have no idea that this forum exists, and they should.  :D

Things actually felt a little like they were slowing down to an end there in the middle of 2011. No definitive news about new installments, no news that any new releases were coming from Discotek, just zip-zilch-natta. But when 2012 rolled around, things amazingly picked up. We got a new release of the original Green Jacket series, we got a new Green Jacket-type series, and we have many new domestic releases for the first time ever, on the horizon.

So all-in-all, this is a great time to join, -Dragoon.- Welcome aboard! 8)