Author Topic: So Richard Epcar Appeared at Mechacon, and...  (Read 2345 times)

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
So Richard Epcar Appeared at Mechacon, and...
« on: September 09, 2012, 03:22:47 pm »
... I was unable to go this weekend. :( It's pitiful because I live in the state, but I couldn't get a ride. -__-

However, my 2 friends were able to meet him there and one of them had put him on the phone to speak to me! I couldn't believe it because even when he asked me why I couldn't make and I explained, he said in Jigen's voice, "Hey, Lupin! Get this broad over here!" LOL! I was almost speechless on the phone!^^

My other friend had my Lupin stuff for Epcar to sign for me along with a picture of Jigen drawn just for him. Today, I got a text from them saying that Epcar not only remembered that it came from me (since I told him about it on the phone the day before), he even thought it was great and was showing it off! SO. COOOL! Even an honor!<3

So, even though I didn't get to meet him in person, at least I had to honor to talk to him for the first time ever and to hear that he loved the picture is even a huge plus! Just wish someone had captured that on camera, but this made me SO UNBELIEVEABLY HAPPY!  :D I'll never look at Jigen the same way again when watching the 2nd series now.

By the way, if this is the wrong place to mention this, please move this thread. I just got too excited about this moment to contain myself. Thanks!

victorystar

• Part of the Gang
  • I happen to be very knowledgeable at this!
Re: So Richard Epcar Appeared at Mechacon, and...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 03:28:34 pm »
Wow Epcar is as cool as he is on interviews and in acting in real life! That's an awesome story and I envy you for it so much. Thanks for sharing!

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 03:28:55 pm by victorystar »

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 03:37:47 pm »
Yeah! He's a really nice guy, too! He said he wish I was able to make it there to see him and if I was unable to by the end of this weekend (which I almost did get a ride today, but unfortunately couldn't), he said he'll most likely be around next year. So I'm hanging on to the possibility of going next year. Besides, my friends keep urging me to go, but something always pops up around the time of the event.

And, you're welcome... Though, I'm sorry I made you envy me. ^^u
lol

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 04:38:37 pm »
Yeah! He's a really nice guy, too! He said he wish I was able to make it there to see him and if I was unable to by the end of this weekend (which I almost did get a ride today, but unfortunately couldn't), he said he'll most likely be around next year. So I'm hanging on to the possibility of going next year. Besides, my friends keep urging me to go, but something always pops up around the time of the event.

And, you're welcome... Though, I'm sorry I made you envy me. ^^u
lol

YEEEHAW!!!

That truly is spectacular news, Fujikogirl.  ;D 8)

I'm still hoping that some time in the next year I can get all the Lupin voice actors to sign a copy of the upcoming "Green VS Red" DVD." But I'll also want Richard to sign something because I do like many of the other things he's done. And his voice is very fun to listen to. In fact, I wouldn't mind getting both Epcar and Sabat to sign something as the two major English Jigens. Wouldn't that be awesome. =)

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 11:02:22 pm »
I met Tony at Matsuricon a few weeks back. I got a photo with him and some signatures. Mr. Oliver signed both my Green Jacket and Master File. I explained to him why the Master File was dear to me. He actually opend it up and checked out all of the goodies inside. After our meeting he said, 'Catch you later!' as Lupin. Oliver is very nice himself, although a bit on the quiet side.

Of course I got Sonny to also sign both sets. It was fun seeing my boss again and having a drink at the Hyatt bar. He gave me solid advice about breaking into the 'biz and agreed to be one ofmy references.

Both Lupins are stellar and I would love to meet Epcar. He sounds incredible.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 03:17:43 pm »
That's so cool, LadyLupin!

I'm still hoping for the day I finally get to meet Tony Oliver. He really does seem like a cool guy to talk to; especially when looking at the interview Gozar made with him about a year or so ago.