Author Topic: A fan of Miyazaki  (Read 1606 times)

JTurner

• Part of the Gang
A fan of Miyazaki
« on: October 21, 2012, 05:10:48 pm »
My first experience of Lupin III was The Castle of Cagliostro.  It's one of my favorite animated films of all time, directed by one of my other favorite animation directors of all time, Hayao Miyazaki.  I became a fan of the latter after renting Kiki's Delivery Service at a video store in 1998, back when Disney was releasing it.  Afterwards I became eager to learn more about this director and his output, and my search led me to Cagliostro.  It's a fast, funny, clever, and engaging little adventure story with just enough humor, mystery, and terrific action set pieces -- just the ingredients for a classic.

Aside from that, my exposure to Lupin has been limited.  Sure, I WAS fortunate enough to see a few episodes of his and I DID see another of his movies, but Cagliostro could very well be my fave.

I mainly owe my introduction to Cagliostro because of my fascination for Miyazaki's work.

Oh, and I happen to have a blogspot dedicated to reviewing dubs:  one of them is Manga's recent dub of The Castle of Cagliostro, not written by myself, but by my other administrator, Fighting Dreamer.  Check it out:  http://animeenglishdubreviews.blogspot.com/2010/08/lupin-iii-castle-of-cagliostro-manga.html