Author Topic: If there was another Live Action Lupin Movie...  (Read 4386 times)

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
If there was another Live Action Lupin Movie...
« on: September 28, 2007, 02:09:36 am »
...who would you cast?  ;D

I was watching Utaban and I was just thinking that Taka-san (one of the hosts) would make an awesome Zenigata. He's got this over-the-top exaggerated personality and at times it just reminds me of Zenigata when he's all fired up. If they were to do it in Japanese again, I'd love it if they cast Rika Ishikawa >_>;;
(click to show/hide)
Her boobs aren't as big as Fujiko's but push up bras can do wonders these days xDD

Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone Japanese at the moment to play Jigen, Lupin or Goemon and the only person I'd cast right now for an American version would be Johnny Depp for Jigen ;D

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
Re: If there was another Live Action Lupin Movie...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 04:34:49 pm »
OK, I'm only going to list an American Movie. Since I don't know JP actors.

Lupin: Jonny Depp

Jigen: Jeremy Piven :P

Goemon: The guy who played Niles in Fraiser

Fujiko: I'm tempted to say Pamela Anderson...but she can't act. So I'll say Joely Fisher...she's got big knockers.

Zenigata: Robin Williams. He kinda looks like pops XD

mc_carter

• [Member]
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 05:18:41 pm »
Jigen: Jeremy Piven :P

What reason do you have for Jeremy piven to play Jigen he looks nothing like him and does not have the same attitude or could pull it off. But thats just my opinion. Johnny Depp could play Jigen but I almost wouldn't want him to because he's johnny depp and so well known it might detract from the character.

I have no recommendations at the moment its such a hard movie to cast.

Jd-

• [Member]
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 09:16:03 pm »
JoYi: She's hot, she could pull it off lol

Gozar: "The guy who played Niles from Fraiser" <---I lol'd

mc_carter: I don't like the idea of Johnny Depp playing any of them either, just because he's way too famous.

As for me, there's only one real Lupin: Romain Duris. He played Arsene in the French adaption of 813/Cagliostro's live action movie and was exactly how I pictured Lupin before I saw it. Now, when I think about Arsene, that's exactly who I picture.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anyone to play Lupin in an American film. You guys do know they're supposedly still making that American movie, I guess? IMDB lists it as 2009, dunno if there's been any developments since it was announced. I know certain people signed up for IMDBPro's trial to check it out, but that was all.

I really doubt that movie's going to happen, but that doesn't mean I don't want it to lol.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 03:39:35 am »
What reason do you have for Jeremy piven to play Jigen he looks nothing like him and does not have the same attitude or could pull it off. But thats just my opinion

In some of the things I've seen him in he can play the semi-dry guy.

Gozar: "The guy who played Niles from Fraiser" <---I lol'd

XD, I know, I know. But I was thinking propor and he came to mind.

thnikkaman

• [Member]
  • all up ons
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 10:00:42 am »
dunno if you've seen this one...

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/a/f/c/afc4d3b0385ff6864b60459cfbe33e67.jpg

I think it's fairly spot on, and Jason Lee is a good choice, but for Lupin how about Harland Williams...

I saw him on "Las Vegas", seems that he's got the sideburns for it!

btw, i didnt make the poster
and they're serving, like...chicken... in a pan...with some... salad...and a... glass of milk? To drink?

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 12:55:28 pm »
I'm excited about the idea of another live-action Lupin film, but at the same time I'm a bit worried. Hollywood hasn't exactly been putting out a lot of quality films lately and the series works so well in an animated state that the actors would really have to be able to pull off the physical comedy and characteristics perfectly.

With the right cast and script I think it could work well but I'm still a little concerned about how this could go.

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 04:32:16 pm »
thnikkaman - haven't seen that poster (although I have seen a few) and agh I nearly had a heart attack. Jason Lee looks exactly like someone I know >_>;; and no it doesn't bring back lovely memories. But Donnie Lee would make a great Goemon (except he's not Japanese). I LOVED him in Seven Swords. 

Personally I'd prefer seeing an American version over a Japanese version. Most Asian comedies tend to go overboard with the cheesiness and it just ruins everything. And the only thing I'd really really really want for the cast is for Fujiko to be played by a Japanese/Asian actress. Then again that probably wouldn't happen. She'd end up being some international thief from Europe~ T-T

And this really could happen... I mean a DBZ live action is in the works so why not Lupin =P? He's just as awesome and the series is considered among the first major milestones in Japanese anime and manga according to most books.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

mc_carter

• [Member]
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 03:26:29 pm »
So after seeing The Darjeeling Limited, which is a great film, Adrien Brody seems to be an excellent choice to play lupin in a live action movie.