Author Topic: Moving House - Forums Relocating!  (Read 10324 times)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Moving House - Forums Relocating!
« on: November 13, 2012, 10:58:41 pm »
Hello everyone, a substantial news update for all you forum-goers.

The Lupin the Third.com Forums will be migrating to the Lupin Encyclopedia (presumably to be renamed to something more locally appropriate). The forum relocation will take place this weekend (sometime Saturday or Sunday). Registration for new members is already disabled, and this weekend I'll be locking down the forum to new posts in preparation for a relatively smooth transition. Once the forum is up and running on sprak's servers this weekend, I expect within a day or two he'll introduce himself as your new forum administrator.

Of course, all of your private messages, posts, and login info should remain intact (unless something goes horribly awry in the transition, of course!).

If you have any further questions, feel free to post them here.
-R. Nelson

Mr. Foo

• Mr. Foo
  • Part of the Gang
  • Yes, that's my lung.
    • A.D. Living
Re: Moving House - Forums Relocating!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 05:19:07 am »
Is the URL for the forums gonna change?

Like lupinencyclopedia.com/forums ?  :o

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 08:23:12 am »
Hello everyone, a substantial news update for all you forum-goers.

The Lupin the Third.com Forums will be migrating to the Lupin Encyclopedia (presumably to be renamed to something more locally appropriate). The forum relocation will take place this weekend (sometime Saturday or Sunday). Registration for new members is already disabled, and this weekend I'll be locking down the forum to new posts in preparation for a relatively smooth transition. Once the forum is up and running on sprak's servers this weekend, I expect within a day or two he'll introduce himself as your new forum administrator.

Of course, all of your private messages, posts, and login info should remain intact (unless something goes horribly awry in the transition, of course!).

If you have any further questions, feel free to post them here.u

Gotcha Reed. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 10:21:35 am »
Is the URL for the forums gonna change?

Like lupinencyclopedia.com/forums ?  :o

Yes, this is a transition you can expect and you should see posted at the current URL (lupinthethird.com/forums and/or the main front page here) once it's finalized.

And you're welcome, LadyLupin!
-R. Nelson

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 04:07:59 pm »
Does this mean someone wants your domain again? Like TMS or FUNi?

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 04:54:09 pm »
Does this mean someone wants your domain again? Like TMS or FUNi?

Nope. Still holding onto all my "Lupin" domains for the foreseeable future.
-R. Nelson

Akai Shuichi

• Shottogun
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 09:37:35 pm »
Will you still be an administrator as well? And will the main site stay as it is?

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 10:03:59 pm »
That's up to Luis/sprak if he still wants me on as an admin. What Luis does with the Forums after it changes hands is entirely up to him.

I don't have a strong interest in remaining an admin, however. I'm planning on focusing my time on other "Lupin" projects (Discotek extras as appropriate, basically) and possibly actually beefing the main site up over time, getting all these random Lupin-related thoughts and observations out of my head and out on the web somewhere.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:05:11 pm by Reed »
-R. Nelson

sprak

• Cliff Hanger
    • Lupin III Encyclopedia
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 09:23:14 am »
This seems like a good time to step in...

This change has been in the works for awhile, but life and schedules have not lined up until now. The initial idea Reed approached me with was to host the forums in a read-only/archive mode. However, I (possibly foolishly) decided to host them but leave them open.

Mainly, things will stay the same; I'll likely shuffle things around a bit over time, but it will be business as usual. Other than a new URL, you should hopefully see no difference in your forum experience.

Mr. Foo

• Mr. Foo
  • Part of the Gang
  • Yes, that's my lung.
    • A.D. Living
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 07:41:06 am »
The only downside for me is that I can no longer access the forums outside of home, since my roaming network blocks lupinencyclopedia  :'(

sprak

• Cliff Hanger
    • Lupin III Encyclopedia
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 08:55:00 am »
The only downside for me is that I can no longer access the forums outside of home, since my roaming network blocks lupinencyclopedia  :'(

Could you provide more details -- what network, any error messages/reasons it gives for the block, etc. -- here or via PM? Might be something I can sort out and remove the block.