Author Topic: Ideal Lupin III Closure  (Read 6262 times)

FilmmakerJ

Re: Ideal Lupin III Closure
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 05:37:09 pm »
Lupin marries Fujiko, everybody gets what they want, and nobody dies. The end.
I like this one

Except it can't happen.

How can Lupin live happily with Fujiko in marriage if Zenigata is still around?

Zenigata want Lupin arrested! Lupin can never settle down like that!

Sometime I think Monkey Punch specifically made the characters so it is impossible for them all to be happy at once.

Mr. Foo, it is entirely possible for two people to be married and not be obligated to live in a suburban home with a bunch of kids the rest of their lives. If Lupin and Fujiko got married, they could continue to do what they've always done, they would just now be a couple. And they've had sex multiple times, so I don't think the possibility of having unexpected children would be an issue either.

Mr. Foo

• Mr. Foo
  • Part of the Gang
  • Yes, that's my lung.
    • A.D. Living
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 08:27:20 pm »
I like this one

Except it can't happen.

Sometime I think Monkey Punch specifically made the characters so it is impossible for them all to be happy at once.

Mr. Foo, it is entirely possible for two people to be married and not be obligated to live in a suburban home with a bunch of kids the rest of their lives. If Lupin and Fujiko got married, they could continue to do what they've always done, they would just now be a couple. And they've had sex multiple times, so I don't think the possibility of having unexpected children would be an issue either.

Apologies on that note. My Welsh\Australian traditions must've kicked in.

But it still leaves the question that Zenigata won't be really happy unless Lupin is locked up in a cell. I don't think it's really possible for Lupin and Zenigata's interests to be fulfilled at the same time.

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 01:39:49 am »
I like this one

Except it can't happen.

But it still leaves the question that Zenigata won't be really happy unless Lupin is locked up in a cell. I don't think it's really possible for Lupin and Zenigata's interests to be fulfilled at the same time.

That part is true. I would not be possible for "everybody" to live happily ever after. The whole excitement of the show comes from the adversity and one person always being less than happy.

Gold Demona

• Queen of the Easily Amused
  • Part of the Gang
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 06:20:35 am »
I like this one

Except it can't happen.

That part is true. I would not be possible for "everybody" to live happily ever after. The whole excitement of the show comes from the adversity and one person always being less than happy.
I don't think Zenigata would be happy even if he did manage to put Lupin in prison for good. I think he'd get bored and depressed cuz his only challenge in life is gone. =/

Mr. Foo

• Mr. Foo
  • Part of the Gang
  • Yes, that's my lung.
    • A.D. Living
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 06:23:04 am »
I don't think Zenigata would be happy even if he did manage to put Lupin in prison for good. I think he'd get bored and depressed cuz his only challenge in life is gone. =/

I guess Zenigata is one very depressing fellow when you think about it.

djcj

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 06:37:11 am »
I once wrote a fan fiction short story about a closure:
http://www.lupinencyclopedia.com/forums/index.php/topic,2728.0.html

I think it'd be neat if the anime ended the same way the original manga with, by Lupin and Co. escaping Zenigata by switching places with a group of astronauts and then cutting to a space shuttle taking off with a furious Zenigata on the ground screaming Lupin's name.
Could it be that the Voyage to Danger/Assasinate Lupin TV special ending was inspired by this?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:50:13 am by djcj »