Author Topic: Hi I fell off the earth.  (Read 4497 times)

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
    • I am a vegan. Except on half price wing night.
Hi I fell off the earth.
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:39:57 am »
Hiyo, what's new everyone? I've been gone for a while.

Lupin III Manga Database[Scanlations and such are here]

FilmmakerJ

Re: Hi I fell off the earth.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 06:59:38 pm »
Well here's the recap as far as I've been privet to.

The new "Mystery of Mamo" DVD is fantastic, though the UK dub isn't as good as I would have hoped. I think they made this dub first before they did "Goodbye Lady Liberty," and that one sounded much better.

Still no confirmation on whether Michell Ruff is playing Fujiko in the FUNi dub of "Mine Fujiko," but it's looking more and more possible.

And Good ol' Pops finally kicked the bucket about a week ago, so we're all paying our respects to Goro.

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 10:51:17 pm »
Yeah I'd heard about Goro Naya :( It's quite unfortunate but he did live a wonderful long life.

Regarding the new dub releases - that's interesting, I wonder if the new Fujiko pumped a bit of life into the English market.

(Oops, I hit 1000 - took me nearly 6 years har har)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 10:51:54 pm by Jo »

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 12:20:26 am »
Yeah I'd heard about Goro Naya :( It's quite unfortunate but he did live a wonderful long life.

Regarding the new dub releases - that's interesting, I wonder if the new Fujiko pumped a bit of life into the English market.

(Oops, I hit 1000 - took me nearly 6 years har har)

Oh I could see that it did improve the Lupin fanbase; there were tons of youtube reviews of the first through 3rd episodes near the beginning. I was surprised by the turnout.

True, it's its own thing, and people who liked "Mine Fujiko" might not like the rest of the franchise as much, especially not the Red Jacket series, being so diametrically different and very Saturday morning-ish. But for the general hype over the name being improved, I think we are definitely doing better than we were in 2011 and 2010.

And yes, you are at 1000. Can't wait to get my 1000. Only 34 to go as of now.  ;D ;D ;D

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 03:37:51 am »
Oh and Discotek license-rescued Castle of Cagliostro and Parts II and III and is dubbing all of them fresh with your favorite voice cast and is also buying out Funimation and baking everybody cake.

Okay, no, but FilmmakerJ summed everything up pretty well, I think. But he missed that Discotek is releasing Green vs. Red to DVD soon, also.
-R. Nelson

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 08:05:44 pm »
Welcome back to the Forums! Although, I didn't really notice that you were gone since I too fell off of the Forums for quite some time. I just recently returned when the news broke about Naya's death. Ironic that we both come back around the same time.

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 02:58:30 am »
Oh and Discotek license-rescued Castle of Cagliostro and Parts II and III and is dubbing all of them fresh with your favorite voice cast and is also buying out Funimation and baking everybody cake.

Okay, no, but FilmmakerJ summed everything up pretty well, I think. But he missed that Discotek is releasing Green vs. Red to DVD soon, also.

Damn, Reed; :o you almost gave me a fan heart attack. lol

But seriously, I still hope Discotek can rescue Cagliostro and give it a US blu-ray. That's the one thing I want them to do the most besides bring "Goodbye Lady Liberty" over here.

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 10:47:52 pm »
FilmmakerJ - It's nice that the new Fujiko series managed to bring a bit of life back into the franchise! Honestly it took a while to sink in but I've come to the conclusion that I didn't really care for it. Quite bizarre for me as I've never really experienced such strong negative opinions about anything in this franchise. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy the artwork or the music though!

Reed - I'm actually floored that they'll be releasing a new dub for Parts II and III! It's always, always, always, great to see that the anime is getting closer to being completely available in English!

Gozar - Unfortunate that death seems to bring people together >_> But yeah, it's been impossible for me to stay on top anything Lupin related this last little while. Who knew actively participating in campus activities drains the life out of you? haha

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 11:41:26 pm »
Reed - I'm actually floored that they'll be releasing a new dub for Parts II and III! It's always, always, always, great to see that the anime is getting closer to being completely available in English!

D'oh; I was hoping you'd get the joke. Just to make sure this doesn't get spread as a rumor: there are no new dubs planned for any Lupin besides the Fujiko series, and Discotek hasn't announced any new Lupin licenses past "Green vs Red."
-R. Nelson

Jo

• Part of the Gang
  • natto mmm.
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 01:08:35 am »

D'oh; I was hoping you'd get the joke. Just to make sure this doesn't get spread as a rumor: there are no new dubs planned for any Lupin besides the Fujiko series, and Discotek hasn't announced any new Lupin licenses past "Green vs Red."

In my defense - k no, I'm guilty. Didn't read the second half of your post :T Excuse me while I shuffle away shamefully to some other corner of the forum.

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 11:49:56 am »

And even though I am pretty tight with Sonny Strait, he wouldn't reveal any details to me anyway. FUNimation is quite strict about keeping things under wraps until they officially announce it. I pretty much guessed they were dubbing the Fujiko series anyway. I would love to see the rest of Shin Lupin liscensed over here someday.

Welcome back btw, Jo.