Author Topic: New Lupin III/ Detective Conan crossover for december 2013 (in movie theaters !)  (Read 43671 times)

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
So it has just been announced:

A feature film with both characters from the franchise will air in the japanese theaters in December this year.

This is historically the second time Lupin III and DC are united. The first attempt, a special TV episode may not have been a great flick
but maybe this time, they will use the full potential of such a crossover.

Wether you like it or not, you can't be indifferent for this is the return of Lupin in movie theaters !

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:44:53 am by Red Dear »
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

SlackerWriter

• Stoic and Esoteric
  • Part of the Gang
  • There was a fish... in the percolator
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:50:54 pm by SlackerWriter »

Mr.Lupin

• Old-school Superfan
I rather liked the Lupin Conan special ,  it was a good intro to both shows for fans of the other , and a big bonus to fans of both anime.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
Nice! Let's hope it's better than the last one!
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
so dos this mean that there wont be a special this year besides this ? 

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 05:02:29 pm by GATSU »

FlippytheMaster

• Part of the Gang
Well, hopefully they'll make it better than the other one. I really dug the interplay between the two characters in the special, so hopefully they'll spend more time to make it more of a legitimate crossover. I'm interested to see where this goes.

FlippytheMaster

• Part of the Gang
Hopefully they can fix a lot of the problems they had with the other one. I also really wish this would come to the US, but I know it's a pipe dream

Red Dear

• Lupin The Third analyst and crazy penciller
  • Part of the Gang
    • DeviantArt gallery
source?

Edit- source
http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9489

Oh, sorry for not posting the source.  :-[

Thank you, Slacker. :)

I admit I enjoyed the first crossover but a feature film opens a lot of
possibilities. ;)
Time to play the game, time to get a chance !

FilmmakerJ

I just don't see how the previous "Lupin VS Conan" special could have in any way been a good watch. It's just like how I can't believe anyone could possibly find something good to like in the recent "Oz: the Great and Powerful" movie. The pacing was terrible, the characters were annoying an idiotic, the casting was nearly all wrong, and the special effects were lazy and cheap in terms of the quality that's normally possible today. But for some reason, a fair amount of people are giving it high praise that it doesn't deserve.

The "Lupin VS Conan" special had so much potential with the premise, but the writers somehow took too many sleeping pills and didn't know what the heck they were writing a script for. It was like they were being told to write another Prince and the Pauper knock-off, while getting a memo half-way through falling asleep that they had to somehow shove Lupin and Conan into the mix. So they stuck everybody else around the other plot. And at the last minute they wrote in Zenigata.

I actually can't believe they're going for the gold again, and this time it will be the the first theatrical movie of Lupin to be released since the mid-90s.

If they manage to royally screw this up, my faith in the Lupin production team (minus what they did on "Fujiko Mine") will be cast out the window. And only the immediate response of a mail carrier bringing me news of another amazing new twist in the franchise production decisions, could hope to bring that faith back.

In short, I actually have high hopes for this to be amazing. I especially want the animation and visual style to be breath-taking. I want it to look much better than the specials.

And I really really REALLY hope Discotek or FUNimation can somehow get the rights to it to bring it over here. That is, of course, once you guys have given it your reviews and approval.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Teaser site's now up.

FilmmakerJ

Teaser site's now up.

Hey, WAIT A SECOND!

They're calling this "Lupin VS Conan" too? I guess that means they figured the last one was such a lost opportunity that their pulling their own "The Incredible Hulk" on their previous "The HULK" attempt at a crossover movie.

Well I'm very surprised and yet, again, very pleased by this turn of events. Now I really hope this means that this will actually be more like Conan VS the Phantom Thief Kid except with Lupin in place of the phantom.

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
Filmmaker: So I guess the other one's not "canon", now? More like a "What if?" =p

RobertTheGamer

• A Lupin fan from that land of Fosters and Bruces.
  • Part of the Gang
    • RobertTheGamer
Everytime you Americans spell "Theatre" as "Theater", a small kitten dies :P

Anyway, I better watch some episodes of Detective Conan one day, since Lupin won't stop crossing over with him.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:58:50 am by RobertTheGamer »
"A stranger, is just a friend you haven't exploited yet" - Bob Monkhouse

Gold Demona

• Queen of the Easily Amused
  • Part of the Gang
    • My DeviantArt
I seem to be in the minority that actually liked the Lupin/Conan special despite everything that's wrong with it.  :-\
I also enjoyed Oz: The Great and Powerful, but that's digressing.

I'd like to know this though: What was the audience reception for the special in Japan?
If it was similar to how we've reacted to it here, then maybe this movie is a "try again"?